The online racing simulator
British Touring Cars
(98 posts, started )
British Touring Cars
Who Do you Want to win This Year In Btcc?

My Favour Is on Jason Plato
Who do I want to win : Matt Jackson

Who will win : Probably Plato in all likelyhood, SEAT have been blatantly sandbagging in testing. Unless the reliability problems really have appeared, in which case it will probably between Gio, Turkington and Jackson.

Let's hope the driving standards from Mr Plato and Mr Neal are better this year.
Quote from duke_toaster :Let's hope the driving standards from Mr Plato and Mr Neal are better this year.

I saw just one race of last season, but the way they played bumper cars was apalling.

Gotta love how they make absolutely no secret about their dislike for each other, though.
#4 - JJ72
Quote from duke_toaster :Let's hope the driving standards from Mr Plato and Mr Neal are better this year.

Let's hope not, I miss their extra occasional rallycross sections.
I think Matt Jackson will be the one to beat this year, he did very well last year in a slower car, and this year with dealer team backing, he will only be better.

I HATE Plato, he's a tosspot.
#6 - mr_x
I can see this turning into a flame-fest as ALL BTCC threads do on this forum... I've always liked the people who say "Driving standards in the 90s were much better than today" which is bullshit... I've watched all the season reviews from 1990-2007... and in all honesty... they're much better today than they were back then, they really were playing bumper cars back then!!!

Anyway... I've followed the BTCC since 1997, which was Jason Plato's first year, I've been a Plato fan ever since then. So JP for the title I think.

oh... and Matt Neal should be shot... The cheating scum he is
Quote from mr_x :I've been a Plato fan ever since then. So JP for the title I think.

oh... and Matt Neal should be shot... The cheating scum he is

Ohhhh, the irony LMAO
If a Vauxhall wins, im happy
#9 - mr_x
Quote from danowat :Ohhhh, the irony LMAO

Well he was driving for Team Dynamics (read: VXR) at Thruxton last year wasn't he? Letting through the VXR drivers then blocking Plato... to be honest Plato is a hero for even driving that weekend due to his burns.

He's always been a complete tosser ever since he started winning races, always making it look like he was the innocent, when 99% of the time he was to blame. I'm not saying Plato is an angel, he isn't...

To be honest the rivalry between Plato and Neal is what makes it so good, constantly having a go at each other on and off track like many in the past (Soper/Clelend, Reid/Rydell, Muller/everyone else etc) with no quater given any way. You might say it's dangerous, but it's a hell of alot safer than it was 10 years ago!

Anyway.. I'll leave this thread for now when defending BTCC i get quite into it as the BTCC is where my passion lies
Nah, it's all good, it's what makes BTCC what it is TBH.

Both as bad as each other.
When does the season start?
30th of this month
Looking forward to this, its great when all the seasons start again .

i hope some one other than Neal or Plato win, would be cool if Jackson won

Didn't realize V8 super cars and WTCC had already started, I have to catch up on them
-
I cant wait till the huge one at brands hatch, First race of Season And its 50th Anniversary! And im there Skeen Skeen Jelly Bean!

BTW Jason Plato Or Fiona Leggate to Win!

Neal has a big Chance in that Vauxhall But Hes never raced something that big in Btcc Before :/
Quote from mr_x :..... to be honest Plato is a hero for even driving that weekend due to his burns.

either that or a complete idiot for jumping in an unfinished prototype without overalls.
Well i would say he is, He wanted that championship so much that he actually drove.
Jackson takes pole for the first race at Brands tomorrow.
Good drive by Matt Jackson, just unfortunate that the rain came in race1.
It was alright today, Junior Ginetta's Are a Load of Shit, So why Not let Saxo's along with BTCC www.saxmax.co.uk More Contact, More Competitive And I will be racing

Whats with these Diesel SEAT'S, Whats the point! Its not helping the world!! There taking the cars round in huge Lorries what make Double the pollution those cars Make!

2 Problems with the SEAT'S

Sounds Like a Hoover.
Its Slow.

What Else can u say!
They didnt sound too good, nearly took each other out aswell . Did you watch that VXR Racing Driver thing after?
I watched the Clios, Ginettas and second BTCC race. I didn't see any good clean racing at all.

As for the Ginettas there are several things wrong with them for a junior series, firstly the cars are far too expensive and atm have to be bought brand new. Secondly little kids can't handle a light RWD sportscar, especially when the conditions aren't perfect and will inevitably end up giving a pathetic and dangerous display of cars spinning on straight pieces of road and far too many safety car periods. I also don't think live TV coverage does any help for this kind of junior series.

I think the Saxmax series is far better because the cars are much cheaper to prepare and easier to drive and although some of the drivers are hopelessly bad, one I followed on a track day was all over the place considerably slower than me (an inexperienced driver in a bog standard Focus 1.6) and went off several times a lap but having an easy to drive front wheel drive car it got him out of trouble everytime. It also has to be said that a lot of drivers progress to much better driving standards and the racing is much cleaner than any of the nonsense at a BTCC meeting (so Jordan forget your hopes of bumper cars).
The BTCC, as usual had a few driving standards issues. I'm thinking specifically regarding Mr Plato.

The diesels aren't slow. Leon TDIs have a power and torque advantage over the other cars. That's why they are using them.

The Clios were remarkably more well behaved than usual, or maybe it was because there were less of them.

Regarding the Ginettas, whilst it's good TV fodder due to the carnage, it seemed like some of the drivers were a bit out of their depth. There were a few flashes of brilliance. I don't think live coverage on terrestrial television is helpful to the situation. I know it's a replacement for Formula BMW, but surely they could have got a better support
Who Saw the porsche What Got Smashed up, He has to spend like £30,000 to get it fixed.

BTW There might not be hardly any contact now but wait until they Go through the season and start fighting for the championship,
I want it to be Like Giovanardi And Plato Done Last year FIGHTING TILL THE END!
I think they should put T Cars Instead of Ginettas Because all the top Drivers are coming from That Such As Phil Quaife,Alex Brundle,Jolyon Palmer And a lot More.

And All the People From Ginettas Say Saxo's are crap Because there not a real racing car ( When they have stickers as headlights )
Quote from Jordan2007 :I think they should put T Cars Instead of Ginettas Because all the top Drivers are coming from That Such As Phil Quaife,Alex Brundle,Jolyon Palmer And a lot More.

And All the People From Ginettas Say Saxo's are crap Because there not a real racing car ( When they have stickers as headlights )

^ So do NASCAR stock cars.

But yeah, I think the BTCC support package needs an overhaul.

My dream support package:

TGP
T-Cars
FFord
FBMW
BritCar

British Touring Cars
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG