The online racing simulator
Brand names or cheap and cheerful?
(64 posts, started )

Poll : Designer or cheap and cheerful?

I'll wear either as long as it suits my taste and is the right price.
I don't care.
I can't leave the house without designer clothes.
I prefer cheap and cheerful to designer.
I don't know
Ok this is one of the big debates. Which of you wouldn't be seen dead without a ben sherman or echo unlimited label on your clothes and which of you don't give a dam as long as it is your style be it designer or something from george in asda?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but the search found no similar topics.

Personally i don't give a dam as long as it looks alright and fits me i'm happy. I'm the sort of person that looks for the bargins. I will look places like little woods clearence and george in asda cause if i see something i like as long as it's cheap enough i might buy it.
If I like it, and it doesn't cost all that much, I'll wear it. Aside from some surfing brands (which I pick because of the high quality/price ratio, rather than the name itself), I tend to keep to cheap 'n' cheerful clothing. Matalan, Tesco, ASDA, whatever... I'm not bothered
I would rather be naked than walk about with a stupid clothes label plastered all over me.
Can't beat abit of paul and shark.
#5 - Jakg
I'm wearing George clothes atm actually - what's wrong with that?

GF took me shopping the other day (aparently if i ever wear my LFS t-shirt in public again i'm single :X) for clothes - £28 was a "deal" for a bloody shirt!
Quote from Jakg :(aparently if i ever wear my LFS t-shirt in public again i'm single :X)

Wear that shirt with pride!
Quote from JamesF1 :
Quote from Jakg :if i ever wear my LFS t-shirt in public again i'm single :X)

Wear that shirt with pride!

Haha, yes, wear it with pride!

Thinking about it a bit more, it's an odd topic for me, as 99% of what I wear outside of work is shorts and a t-shirt or hoody with a band on the front. I distance this from wearing clothing labels in huge letters though, but when I actually came to think about it to write this, I don't really know why. The LFS T-shirt would come under this too.
Quote from Jakg :I'm wearing George clothes atm actually - what's wrong with that?

GF took me shopping the other day (aparently if i ever wear my LFS t-shirt in public again i'm single :X) for clothes - £28 was a "deal" for a bloody shirt!

where'd u get the lfs t-shirt i want one.
If it's cheap and not outrageous, who gives?
I wear cheap clothes. No need for a T-Shirt to cost more than a tenner, and jeans should be £20 or less.

Can't see the point of overpriced designer clothes. They don't fit any better because they still aren't tailored. As they don't fit any better, they don't look any better. And if they don't look any better why pay for them???

But I would spend a lot of money on a decent jacket, and a decent suit - cheap suits look cheap.
I don't really care about what I wear. At this moment I'm wearing a jacket from Saint-Oliver with an I-don't-know-where-it-came-from T-shirt
#13 - JJ72
I have mine made with a tailor ummmm sometimes you can rip off a cutting from Dior's latest line with 1/20 the price, I just want the cut anyway.

if I see something I like from a individual designer I'll get it as well (but those cost about the same as say Armani Exchange anyway, but at least it's usually a one off)

For occasions a couple from Ben Sherman and Paul Smith will do.
I voted for "I'll wear either" as long as i've got the money to pay for it at the time.

My normal everyday clothes are cheap and cheerful, but i do have a very expensive Italian section in my wardrobe too, set aside for those special occasions.

I couldn't give a toss about designer names or anything, as long as i don't look a scruff and they're good quality, i'm happy
I don't care as long as it fits and the price is right.
As Clarkson said in one of his timesonline car reviews: as long as nobody can see your penis we consider ourself properly dressed.
I buys what I likes, the label can say Twat for all I care.
I'll wear either as long as it suits my taste and is the right price.

Quote from Jakg :GF took me shopping the other day (aparently if i ever wear my LFS t-shirt in public again i'm single :X) for clothes - £28 was a "deal" for a bloody shirt!

I don't dare to wear it in public either, unless the LFS logo is covered by something else . I should've ordered the LFS Baseball shirt instead of the black deluxe one.
I wear brand clothes because I like the design, the quality and I love clothes, not only for the brand itself. I also wear "generic" clothes without any problem. If it´s ok, I have no problem on buying it.
Brand clothes, because: much better quality (before some time I got one no-brand jumper, and I washed it.. after that it lost some color and looked like crap). And, ofcourse, brand-name clothes have good design.
#20 - JTbo
I voted for cheap, but I really like to pay if cloth lasts some time, however I don't give a heck what brand it is.

Quality to price ratio is what has most affect to my shoppings, that is with almost anything really, also with LFS I like from quality over fame of NFS
Being a totally crusty old fart that looks like a sack of sh1t no matter what I wear, I opted for the obvious option, but as "I don't give a sh1t!!!!" wasn't available, I chose "I don't care"
I only wear the finest hand-sewn bikini's made of silk.
I wear a mix of both, I tend to wear a lot of Super Dry but for usual, around the house clothes, Tesco is my regular haunt.

But because I'm so gorgeous, I look sexy in anything
Don't wear jeans much but I own a few pairs of Levis, much more comfortable than cheap jeans. Normally were combats or whatever, tracky Bs if I don't need to go out in public

Tshirts, tend to wear anything that suits my style, a lot of skate gear etc, generally not too bad quality for the price, and some good designs too. I pick up a lot of my casual gear from the internet though where I've found some places with amazing deals.

As Tristan said, cheap suits do look cheap, so some investment needs to go into a good one, that said as I only wear a suit maybe twice a year I think mine's alright.
I have been out today, so I am currently wearing...

These jeans - £65
This t-shirt - £25

The jeans fit me really well and don't actually look as "gay" as they do in the image.
-
(Kajojek(PL)) DELETED by Kajojek(PL)

(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG