The online racing simulator
alonso hints at ferrari
(52 posts, started )
#26 - axus
Ah, but you can be sure that the Renault team have been hoping that once Alonso's back he'd want to rebuild the former glory. Or at least put some effort into it before flirting with other teams.
Well, i have managed to get my hands on the original interview in spanish. It says like this:

"¿No es la escudería Ferrari el destino lógico, el mejor piloto llevando el mejor coche?

Yo siempre intento estar en el mejor coche. Ahora estoy en Renault porque ya triunfamos en 2005 y 2006 y quiero volver a lograrlo. Si no es este año, que sea el que viene. Pero cuando exista la opción de marcharme intentaré estar en el mejor coche posible, y está claro que Ferrari es uno de los mejores."

Now let me translate in my way:

"Isn´t it Ferrari the logical destination, the better pilot driving the better car? (this is spanish press, so of course alonso is the better driver )

I always try to be in the better car. Now i am at Renault because we won in 2005 and 2006 and i want to do i again. If it´s not this year, then the next. But when i have the chance of leaving i will try to be in the better possible car, and it´s clear that Ferrari is one of the best."

I mean, don´t you guys think this quote has gone out of proportion
If I understood correctly, Alonso's contract is one year only (if even that). So the chance to leave will be in a few months.
Personally, I don't think so. If you know how sports journalism works, you know that there's no such thing as an innocent statement regarding these things. There's always an intention behind everything you say. And I'm sure Alonso is enough of a pro to know how what he says will be received. So, it's a threat to Renault. And not his first one, tbh. He's said before that he'll be gone at the end of the season if the car is not compatible. Whether this is a wise strategy to put so much pressure on your own team or if it's detrimental to the athmosphere, I don't know, but it's certainly making Renault look sort of stupid in the public image.

Edit: that was to ATic Atac's post.
Quote from ATic ATac :Well......the better pilot driving the better car? (this is spanish press, so of course alonso is the better driver )....

ROFL :ices_rofl:ices_rofl:ices_rofl:ices_rofl:ices_rofl

I hope that never happens, **** him :bananadea

Quote from mythdat :The whole point of this is that Renault either show him that they're capable of building a great car again, or he's off.

What an arrogant tit. Did Schumy throw a hissy-fit leave Ferrari when they didn't win the championship?

Quote :^agree with Clownpaint, all the desperate bashing is really very funny

Nothing desperate about my bashing. The guy is a dick.

Quote from Clownpaint :Just like everyone else who is bashing him in this topic, you're scraping the barrel for anything you can throw at him.

I'm not scraping anything. The guy has shown his true colours and he is, in fact, an arrogant tosser.

Quote :A little treat for you all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QizqRpNq5Bk

As usual, the residence internet is extremely slow and the video is going to take at least an hour and a half to load. All I've seen is the first 3 seconds, which is just a Spanish phrase on a red background; is the video in spanish, as well? Care to explain what is in the video and the purpose for posting it for those of us who can't view it? I'm interested in seeing your full side of the argument
Quote from Linsen :Personally, I don't think so. If you know how sports journalism works, you know that there's no such thing as an innocent statement regarding these things. There's always an intention behind everything you say. And I'm sure Alonso is enough of a pro to know how what he says will be received. So, it's a threat to Renault. And not his first one, tbh. He's said before that he'll be gone at the end of the season if the car is not compatible. Whether this is a wise strategy to put so much pressure on your own team or if it's detrimental to the athmosphere, I don't know, but it's certainly making Renault look sort of stupid in the public image.

Edit: that was to ATic Atac's post.

I see what you mean, but the quote was taken from an interview made from a soccer magazine.

I have read all the interview and the sense you get reading the original is that the journalist is trying to get a headline by making statement after stament to see if he picks something.

Basically all started due to The Times translating wrongly.... i really believe that sport journalists love having to translate to a different any other language as you can manipule it so easily.
Quote from axus :Mythdat, it's enough to so much as hint that you might be looking for another team, after only two races with the current one to show lack of loyalty and discourage the whole team. I've seen at least 5 websites suggesting that he did this. No matter how much they take his words out of context, they can't just blatantly lie. If you have half a brain on you you should be able to suss out what's subjective and draw your conclusions from there.

Tristan, sure thing.

Believe me, it's all out of context
If you read the whole interview you will see that it's the logical answer to that question. He could answer that Reanault it's a great team and he's very happy and proud to be back and he'll never leave the team for a better one and blah, blah, blah... then eventually the press would use that answer to piss on him for being a lier

The same thing is happening with Hamilton's words after Malaysian GP when he said "I could do with a beer" about the pit stop. Spanish press sold it as he was blaming his team for incompetents

As i read F1 reviews from various sources and I can understand Alonso's words in her fully context and coming from their mouth I warn you that there's a complete manipulation of his character by the press. I think Ecclestone didn't like Alonso

And yes, even the last year Alonso always said that his time at Renault was a great one and that he has great friends in there. Never heard a bad word about Renault coming from his mouth.

On the other side... don't you people think Hamilton is a bit arrogant too?
Quote from RocksGt :

The same thing is happening with Hamilton's words after Malaysian GP when he said "I could do with a beer" about the pit stop. Spanish press sold it as he was blaming his team for incompetents

I was thinking just in that quote when i said that translations are soo good for manipulation

BTW, looks like you use forocoches.com also with that roto2 logo
Quote from ATic ATac :I was thinking just in that quote when i said that translations are soo good for manipulation

BTW, looks like you use forocoches.com also with that roto2 logo

Yup!
And being there for more than 2 years now, I can say I'm cured from all type of blame-that-idiot-F1-driver stuff (and put in there whatever Alonso or Hamilton)
Quote from rc10racer :Don't think ferrari will even want Alonso after what he did when at Mclaren.

Ferrari, I don't think, will care about it as it worked in their favor. No to mention that Ferrari in general are a bunch of blood sucking leaches, Alonso would fit right in.
What Alonso Should be doing is focusing his time on Renualt, it may take a few years but there is a hell of alot more satisfaction rebuilding a team then using it as a substutute, even ask Shumi.

The only place where i could see him move is maybe BMW, if not then hes stuck were he is.
Quote from Clownpaint :Was Schumi ever in the situation where Ferrari were more supportive of his teammate?

Was Alonso? As far as I remember, Alonso himself was the only source for that piece of information.
Quote from Clownpaint :Was Schumi ever in the situation where Ferrari were more supportive of his teammate?

Really don't want to get into this argument, but just wanted to answer this one point/question.

Yes this did happen, in the season he broke his leg at Silverstone. The whole team then focused itself around Eddie Irvine in an attempt to win the championship, even after Schumacher returned to the other car.
Quote from Linsen :Was Alonso? As far as I remember, Alonso himself was the only source for that piece of information.

I now i am gonna regret posting this but, what the hell!

Well, here in Spain many pple thinks that McLaren was favouring Hamilton.

We have to believe either Dennis or Alonso. Many pple has forget that when the spy scandal showed in Hungary Denis claimen that was only an issue of the spaniards (and coulghan) and noone else in the team had any idea about that.

Months passes at it seems that (from my point of view) Dennis has shown that he lied (or he just didn´t have any idea, but i find it extrangely unbeleivable :razz

So when Dennis says that both drivers had the same chances everyone over here just has a hard time believing him

Anyway, it´s not a matter of actively sabotagin FA´s car or something similar... but as FA said it´s impossible to have equity between drivers, there is always a better engine, a better stopping lap, a better chassis to choose and he felt the support was going into Hamilton.

I just hope my post don´t get converted in a fight between FA and HAM fans, just wanted to give another point of view.

I am one of those who think that McLaren´s plan was to support FA to get the title the first year, but the result´s from HAM were so good that at some point they changed their mind.

Just to give you guys a hint of how hard were relationships with the team, just remember that practically from the begining he wasn´t able to have a dinner with his mechanics, share the prices with them (which is usual at motorsports) and his family couldnt see the races from the McLaren box and they used to go to.... renault´s box, were everything was much more friendly. Not the same treatment as HAM´s Dad had

Yes, I now i am going to regret this post
OMG sorry for mentioning BMW.
It was a joke, i put in () that it wont happen.

Really surprising to see that so many ppl hate Alonso. I used to hate him like this long time ago, but now when I see so much hate I can't be like rest

It's really sad to see him in slow car. He used to say that driver can improve car, but wth is with Renault, it's slower than last year... since Mild Seven left them, I guess no money for improvements, or they messed it up last year without Alonso so much so he can't change it now =/

It's hard to see him going anywhere out of Renault, but can he improve that Renault really.
Just to make this clear: I'm not a Hamilton fan at all, really. He's just too slick for my liking. And I'm not an Alonso hater either. It's just that all you ever get to hear (or better: read) from him is whining, complaing or threatening his own team. And I don't believe that it's a media conspiracy. He's simply getting on my nerves.
Just mind games and a bit of poke with the politik stick.

I doubt Alonso has any serious intentions about going to Ferrari, nor would he be foolish enough to think of going to Ferrari while Kimi is there.
Quote from Linsen :And I'm not an Alonso hater either. It's just that all you ever get to hear (or better: read) from him is whining, complaing or threatening his own team. And I don't believe that it's a media conspiracy. He's simply getting on my nerves.

Maybe not a media conspiracy but it's the image they want to sell for Alonso. Spanish TV makes a very close following of Alonso career, lots of friendly interviews so you can see clearly what Alonso feels really, far from official press releases. And almost every time he's talking about improve, focus at the next race, looking at his main rivals, etc... really few words about blaming his team or whinning, but those fews are the ones that press takes as titles

And let me know if Alonso ever had a whining about Renault... maybe things at McLaren actually deserves that words indeed
Quote from Mazz4200 :Just a couple from 2006

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/u ... 5032023&union_id=2914
http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/u ... 5039029&union_id=2914

Yup, the incident at China , mini owned for me!

But a few comments about that race too:

http://www.20minutos.es/notici ... /0/alonso/suzuka/renault/

He also said that he understand that for Renault the constructors championship is more important, although he can't share it , and that the relationships at Renault are fine and the atmosphere couldn't be better, as everyone was really motivated.

I must say that Alonso most of the times would be better with his mouth closed , but the press insist in taking the blame titulars instead of the greetings (and they do fine, really more funny to see people angry for such a tiny thing :nod
I can't see Alonso taking Massa's place, if it did happen it would just be another Alonso V Hamilton esque battle and Ferrari really don't need that at the moment!
#48 - DeMS
Quote from Clownpaint :
Regarding the whole Alonso / Hamilton situation, I don't believe Hamilton is devoid of any of this stuff that makes Alonso so popular. Maybe he is squeeky clean, but he certainly has ruthless people around him. His father approached Williams asking to break the agreement with Mclaren a few years ago, according to Patrick head. How's that for loyalty?

As far as I remember, there was a statement somewhere that did read like ALO and HAM were given same treatment on the team until Hungary, by letting them have their last qualifying laps alternatively (one GP HAM had last qualifying last for McLaren, next GP was ALO), but when in Hungary, HAM's dad complained to FIA even having Dennis asking him not to, and amazingly the driver was penalized for obeying team orders and not the team as a whole - man, I would have loved Barrichello to get penalized that GP where he did slam the brakes for Schumi to overtake him on last lap, ten meters away, and hand him the world title, but instead they penalized (or warned, can't truly remember) Ferrari.

Further into the point, there was a statement somewhere by Juan Pablo Montoya, where he said something in the lines of that Dennis is one guy when you're not working with him than when you're working with him. As far as his quote let me understand, he also was promised 'off the records' to be #1 on McLaren, and all of you know how it went, don't you?

Quote from Clownpaint : Personally, I believe if he gets the right car we will see Alonso win another world championship. We have to remember this is not just a sport, but a business and industry too. That makes the requirements in this sport unique to any other. Nigell Mansell was in my opinion one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, but he wasn't the best at the business and politics and his stats suffered as a result.

I think he's still got more potential than people thinks, but that doesn't mean he would have an easy go with the current level of drivers. About the best drivers... Well, they usually don't go F1 or don't stay for too long, the way the 'sport' is now - it's as if the main requirement would be to have a face that doesn't hurt to look at and always talk nice things rather than having raw skill.

Quote from Clownpaint : Senna, Prost and Schumacher all rammed opponents off of the track to win championships. If you want ruthlessness and arrogance, look no further than the F1 hall of fame. Maybe one day we'll see Alonso, Hamilton or Kimi up there too. I'm going to take a risk and say Alonso will be the most successful in this generation, car permitting. If he gets back in to a competitive car I believe these experiences will only strengthem him.

I have read in this very forum (not same thread) that Senna wasn't liked much before his death because he also was a 'hardened pro', and people did look at him as an arrogant driver. That doesn't stop many people to consider him one of the best F1 drivers ever though.

That Alonso is better off with his mouth shut, I agree that sometimes it is like that, but I might stress that there are far A LOT more of interests on the media to make people think he is what most anti-Alonso people thinks of him than to keep filters out and see who he really is.

However, as most people in this thread bashing Alonso doesn't understand further spanish after 'cerveza', 'paella' or 'amigo', I would recommend them to get a good translator and read what he actually does say without so many 'filters' in between. More than one will actually be willing to switch sides. Just to strengthen my point here, there is an argument on what actually Senna meant by saying that "Karting is the most pure form of racing", since it was originally stated in portuguese, and the context between languages is quite different.
Quote from DeMS :(...) the way the 'sport' is now - it's as if the main requirement would be to have a face that doesn't hurt to look at (...)

So what's Kubica doing in F1 then?

Quote from Linsen :So what's Kubica doing in F1 then?

Saving for the aesthetic surgery

alonso hints at ferrari
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG