The online racing simulator
do you own a gun?
(159 posts, started )
Quote from Hankstar :Unless of course your burglar brought something bigger, with bullets in it

It'd really do no good at all. Its locked up at the other end of the house from where we sleep anyway, hah.
Mum told me not to use it, but I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Quote from tristancliffe :Bah, I meant the school had a rifle range...
Why do I recognise your avatar?

Somehow paintballing seems a little tame once you fired real rounds

A little? Thats an understatement =)

Ruger .22 mag semiauto
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Geyser/1720/rugermag.jpg

Ruger .22 mag bolt action
http://home.winsoft.net.au/gaz ... TIRLING_15_22MAG_4X28.JPG

Remington 11/87 12ga semiauto
http://www.mdwfp.com/ImageUplo ... bahunter%5CRemington1.JPG

AR15 (Civi spec of M16)
http://www.innovativetactical. ... ushmaster/b74u4s91h09.jpg

Thomson contender (with scope, 4/10 barrel, .22 barrel, and .270 barrel IIRC)
http://www.accuratereloading.com/tc.jpg

Those are the weapons I currently own. Since the UK has strict laws concerning deadly weapons I have not fired these in a few years. There just isn't enough room to properly use these weapons for what they were intended to do (which is to kill game, IE food) and there isn't large enough game to justify many of these weapons. Target practice on the farm usually involved a spotting scope and a cardboard bale 600yds out =) I am not sure what's so interesting about weapons, they are pretty simple really, it could be because it takes take quiet a bit of skill to hit a target where you want to.

I used to go hunting quite a bit, living on a farm in the countryside we virtually lived off venison and rabbit and we never go to the store for meat, or veggies, for that matter, about the only thing we bought from the store was canned food to hold over through the winter and even then we had potato's and frozen fruit in the freezers (3 18cu. foot freezers full of frozen food for a family of 6) so we had homegrown everything year round.... come to think it I wonder why I am even bothering trying to scrape by on the economy in the UK...
A dog is 100x better than a gun.

And a dog can't be used to shoot you dead when you're caught in bed with your mistress
Although, you can't shoot a gun with a dog.
Quote from Hankstar :Although, you can't shoot a gun with a dog.

No, but if you pretend the gun is a stick, you can make the dog follow it around.
Quote from tonyonparas :I dont own a gun as i´m a bit underage, but i´ll have some gun later.
Some riffle would be good, so i can SHOOT neighbours cat if it ever comes again to shit on my moped :gnasher:illepall

OOooooohhh... that cat is so doomed.

BUhUhBBUHahhahahahhah...

A squirt gun, or plant mister set to straight flow, is pretty effective for convincing cats to get away from something (they will, however, look offended about it, so that's a risk).

BTW, I recently saw a news story about a really tiny gun (like, tie-clip size), but one that shoots real bullets and can be used for self defence, with maybe three in the magazine.
Quote from March Hare :Do self made knives, swords, crossbows, axes and other medieval mincing hardware count?

Do you guys know what was the first man made instrument/thingy/tool that was specially made for killing other men?

Fire-hardened wooden spear? (probably as much for hunting, as killing men)
Quote from Hankstar :Although, you can't shoot a gun with a dog.

And I'll bet that they think that it's really unfair. But I suppose that you could get your dog a toy gun, and at least let it pretend to be shooting with you.

OK, here's another one:
You can, but you need a really small dog, or a gun without a trigger guard.
#85 - wark
I have a .22 mag (with a fun 8-32x50 scope!).

I used to hunt rabbits. :bunny:

I also have a .25 auto which I've never used (gift).
Quote from Mazz4200 :it just goes to show the class divide in this country. No way in a million years would you want to have that sort of thing in an inner city comprehensive school.....

Nothing to do with class at all. I went to a bog standard, common as muck high school in Exeter that had a rifle range. I joined the army cadets specially so i could do a bit of shooting there.
The novelty wore off pretty quickly though. Target shooting is just as satisfying with a decent air rifle.
Quote from March Hare :Do self made knives, swords, crossbows, axes and other medieval mincing hardware count?

Do you guys know what was the first man made instrument/thingy/tool that was specially made for killing other men?

they didnt make anything, i think first instrument/thingy/tool that were killing was fist
Quote from The Moose :Nothing to do with class at all. I went to a bog standard, common as muck high school in Exeter that had a rifle range. I joined the army cadets specially so i could do a bit of shooting there.
The novelty wore off pretty quickly though. Target shooting is just as satisfying with a decent air rifle.

Then maybe it's a North-South divide thing, or i just went to a really shit school...
I'm surprised and at the same time a bit scared about how many people here have guns.
Quote from March Hare :Do you guys know what was the first man made instrument/thingy/tool that was specially made for killing other men?

Children?

Quote from jibber :I'm surprised and at the same time a bit scared about how many people here have guns.

I'm surprised but relieved that they live in other countries - we got enough gun-totting id... individuals around here.
Don't own a gun, but I loved shooting with an assault rifle in the army. If automatic weapons were legal, I'd probably get one to play with. But I doubt I'd enjoy firing handguns (ok, light and fast semi-auto could be fun) or big things that kick back.
Quote from frokki :Don't own a gun, but I loved shooting with an assault rifle in the army.

As long as it wasn't before inspection - getting a breech-block and chamber cleaned up after being out shooting on a rainy day was never fun.
Quote from Racer Y : do you know that one spot the on the shoulder that the good guy always gets shot at and is able to keep on going like nothing's wrong? Well if you were to actually get shot there, you'd probably die in about two minutes.
There is no Shoot to wound. well unless you mean to torture the guy...

Hehe ... everything depends on your country
Officially officers are advised to first attempt to shoot a guy into the leg (to make him unable to escape) instead somewhere in the chest ...
Well ... luckily(?) german language is somewhat weird sometimes ...
and thus the human body has actually quite a few legs (definitely more than two):
- the two "normal" legs
- the nasal bone (called "Nasenbein" -> nose-leg)
- the wishbones (called "Schlüsselbein" -> key-leg)
and finally even the sternum (called "Brustbein" -> chest-leg)

Well ... the "bein"-part in those words originally comes from the old word for bone (see the similarity?), but it's actually a well known joke among policemen and soldiers who are told to first shoot at the legs though ...
The answer is: the sword

All other equipment has a double role. Even guns. The sword isn't good at anything other than killing other people. As a tool it's useless. As a hunting weapon it's useless.
Quote from frokki :Don't own a gun, but I loved shooting with an assault rifle in the army. If automatic weapons were legal, I'd probably get one to play with. But I doubt I'd enjoy firing handguns (ok, light and fast semi-auto could be fun) or big things that kick back.

have you ever thinked of getting DE?desert eagle) its one big kick if you shoot. ive shotten it once and im not doing it anymore. i almoust flew to my back and it felt my arms would broke. it really kicks...it's a shotguns kick in a pistol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JkOUheyVk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 7pXsA&feature=related atleast check the socend one, never i mean NEVER give a desert eagle to your wife. someone did it and its not good for her
Quote from March Hare :The answer is: the sword

All other equipment has a double role. Even guns. The sword isn't good at anything other than killing other people. As a tool it's useless. As a hunting weapon it's useless.

Like you couldn't hunt with a sword? Ok, maybe not. But sword fighting in all it's forms is definitely a sport like shooting sports.

@ battery: no. I don't want small kicking things either.
Quote from frokki :Like you couldn't hunt with a sword? Ok, maybe not. But sword fighting in all it's forms is definitely a sport like shooting sports.

@ battery: no. I don't want small kicking things either.

o c,mon, buy a m16? my friend haves it. i have never shotted it but she says that it is awsome gun. im not sure is it legal but they say nothing at shooting range about having it
Quote from frokki :Like you couldn't hunt with a sword?

Speaking from experience, katanas are good for shortening wooden curtain rods. But I expect that's the extent of their woodworking possibilities.
Quote from batteryy :o c,mon, buy a m16? my friend haves it. i have never shotted it but she says that it is awsome gun. im not sure is it legal but they say nothing at shooting range about having it

I think it's legal if modified so that you have to reload it between every shot. Boring
Quote from frokki :I think it's legal if modified so that you have to reload it between every shot. Boring

then she's pretty handy with guns. She says that when she first tested it she were at cottage in forest and shooting trees via automatic(and actually she hitted to squirrel and made the squirrel die, dont tell anyone:hide: then were no hunting times for squirrel and full automatic weapons are not allowed in hunting)

do you own a gun?
(159 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG