The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
yh i'll be glued to my 360 24/7 lol nah make that 12/7
Quote from Luke.S :yh i'll be glued to my 360 24/7 lol nah make that 12/7

I will be glued to it 8765.81277/365.
I will download it, but i need a problem fixing if possible?

I dont know what i have changed, but everytime i play video through WMP, it comes out with a orange picture, any help?
Wow, there is one nice looking Lambo rip off.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I will download it, but i need a problem fixing if possible?

I dont know what i have changed, but everytime i play video through WMP, it comes out with a orange picture, any help?

If you have ATI card, try turning off "WMV Acceleration" from the control panel.
*The foolowing text and video contains some spoilers*

I found a video of some alleged (looks real) gameplay. It's just a date that Niko goes on, shows some drunk driving. The video is extremely boring, except for when the pause menu shows the map. Also notice how the car exhaust backfires, and how the car has suspension that is way too soft.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/209020.html
The new IGN video review is epic, just for the kick ass intro, but then you see all the gameplay footage and its just like... wowness.
Im almost considering wasting my money on a console for this.
It's one of those times, I feel lucky i've got X360. Finally a game that can be bought with no hesitation.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Im almost considering wasting my money on a console for this.

First IGN 10/10 rating for 10 years, its being called a gaming revolution. If there was ever a time to waste of a bit of money on a console then now is the time. In the IGN review they say $60 is cheap, that they would easily pay $300 just for the game.

The tune at the start of the review sets the tone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Y0MT0PX_k
This is gonna be so freaking awesome!!! :banana::bannana_g
I am actually really excited about this!!!!, I have my pre-order with Amazon, but they reckon it won't be shipped till 6th May, so I intend to pop into a local supermarket on tuesday morning at 5am on the way to work and see if they have any!!!!
Amazingly, my pre-order arrived in the post yesterday, can't remember the last time I spent an entire afternoon playing a game. Its one of them rare games that actually live up to the hype. Fantastic stuff
Quote from Rtsbasic :Amazingly, my pre-order arrived in the post yesterday, can't remember the last time I spent an entire afternoon playing a game. Its one of them rare games that actually live up to the hype. Fantastic stuff

I hate your postal service, mine are sticking to the rules. Play.com posted my special edition on Thursday, so I know its sitting in their fecking sorting office or something, but apparently theres a big deal being made about not breaking the release date and only the rebel postmen are delivering copies of the game.
Rebel postmen? Top marks to them, if thats the case. You can imagine my suprise when the nice brown envolope turned up with it in.
I'm really not sure on which console i should buy it...

Xbox360 will have DLC, PS3 won't. On the other hand, the PS3 version has less loading times, better AA and less "pop-ups". I could live with longer loading times and less AA, but objects that just pop up always annoyed me in games, so it's tempting to get the PS3 version.

Maybe i'll get both.
Less loading time doesn't count for much, you only get one loading section, thats when you boot up the game. The only reason its faster for the PS3 is the 5 minute manditory install when you first play it. That would be done for the 360 too but not all 360's come with a hard drive as standard. The pop-up and AA issues are not really noticed according to most reviews, you only notice them when you really focus on the distance and look for it.

If you have the money to waste, just get both, I would if I had a PS3.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Less loading time doesn't count for much, you only get one loading section, thats when you boot up the game. The only reason its faster for the PS3 is the 5 minute manditory install when you first play it. That would be done for the 360 too but not all 360's come with a hard drive as standard. The pop-up and AA issues are not really noticed according to most reviews, you only notice them when you really focus on the distance and look for it.

If you have the money to waste, just get both, I would if I had a PS3.

Pop-up isn't really noticeable, only twice has it really stood out, a) when you to go your apartment, it takes a couple of secs for the bed to fade in (special object maybe), and when your crossing the boarder from one island to another, it can take a couple of secs for the textures to catch up. But otherwise, I've not really noticed it.

Visually, its very very impressive, there's only two things that nag me. The textures used for trees, and some of the filters on shadows. But this is nit-picking.

One of the most impressive things you notice, is how natural every action and response looks. The world physics are better than any other GTA-like title, nothing looks scripted, just action/response. Sometimes when driving around it gives the impression of being in a cutscene, becuase the HUD is minimal anyway.
Oh the fuss some people are making about those trees! At least you understand like every normal gamer that trees are not important and can be sacrificed for frame rate and extra content. Some people on the fansites are complaining as if it has ruined the game for them, bloody tree huggers.
Say this is coming to the PC?
All the other ones came to PC almost a year later....so I would expect that. But yeah, you should get it eventually.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG