The online racing simulator
Parts Shop
(37 posts, started )
Parts Shop
What about a parts shop, for tunning? It can have parts and services to sell.
hi.
unique suggestion.
#3 - dev
Ermm, let me think about that for a minute...

NO!

... there, I thought about it.
How could it have anything to sell when there is no money in LFS?

Why didn't you use search? Why didn't you check for tuning?
roffles
#6 - Woz
OP: Here is an idea. how about you SEARCH first. This stupid idea that has no place in LFS has been raised by ricers again and again.

You will find that people here prefer to race cars that are EQUAL instead of winning only because you have better parts than the other people.

Fine in Pokemon collect em all arcade games like the GT series but just F***ING stupid in the LFS context.
I got one simple answer

LFS IS NOT NFS
GO RICE SOMETHING ELSE

it already exists
And thus concludes the OP's baptism of fire. I think he's got the point.

Although, if he'd searched for "tunning" I doubt he would've found much. "Tuning", however...
Quote from Hankstar :And thus concludes the OP's baptism of fire. I think he's got the point.

Although, if he'd searched for "tunning" I doubt he would've found much. "Tuning", however...

Scarily enough

Search: Key Word(s): tunning
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27

Damn kids these days and their crappy hedumacation

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Scarily enough

Search: Key Word(s): tunning
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27

Damn kids these days and their crappy hedumacation

Regards,

Ian

Jeebus.
*puts on foil hat to protect from t3h sto0pid*
+100 for the shop
Quote from Hankstar :Jeebus.
*puts on foil hat to protect from t3h sto0pid*

Don't know what it is, but it seems gaming forums attract the most illiterate people on the planet. I guess at least there'll be no shortage of dustmen available in the future

Already got my hat

Regards,

Ian
Are you shiny-side in or shiny-side out? I don't trust these guys who have the shiny side in - how are you meant to reflect the CIA mind-control rays with dull tin-foil? I reckon they're in on it!
heh.. definitely shiny side out!

I found having it the other way caused irritations of the skin around the crown.. but maybe this was just another ploy from some other group

Regards,

Ian
I can start a donut shop.

50 credit's for 1 donut. 100 credit's for 3 donut's.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I can start a donut shop.

50 credit's for 1 donut. 100 credit's for 3 donut's.

Lol you

Btw, wonder if some people actually makes these kind of topics just to get the respons. I mean, it`s pretty funny watching silly BIG writings and FLAMING BANANAS , tho it`s nothing orginal to the suggestion nor the replies.
SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!!!

Mothing original and no thgis is not some need for speed
Quote from mrminor28 :+100 for the shop

I knew you would say that. After all, your avatar reveals your intentions!
Quote from Ian.H :heh.. definitely shiny side out!

I found having it the other way caused irritations of the skin around the crown.. but maybe this was just another ploy from some other group

Regards,

Ian

I've found the dull side can be just ar irritating - spray your tin hat with olive oil before application. Works well, but wash before you go to sleep unless you like your pets licking your forehead.
What I mean is a real parts shop, not only choose parts (like othe sugestions) and let the car like a videogame car. Even in the real world you can compete in various categories using the same car, but tuned for that category.

As LFS intend to be as real as possible why not to have this option? Why can´t I buy Koni shockers, BBS Wheels, HKS turbo kits, etc?
By the way, this can be a good font of funds to develop the game faster.

Someone asked how to buy it? Simple, just buy credits online and spent it the way you want.

This is my opinion, If all you guys see from another way, I must (AND I WILL) respect that.

Unfortunally, there are some people that just have no respect for a oposite idea.
I respect original ideas that would add to the racing and improve the quality of the driving experience, not arcade-style ideas that have already been posted and re-posted this forum about a dozen times already in the past five years.

Having real companies like HKS, BBS, Koni etc would cost the devs money to begin with because those companies would want license fees - that same reason keeps real-life cars (except the two BMWs, the MRT and the Raceabout) & tracks out of LFS. Also, I doubt many LFS players would want to spend their real money to make their virtual cars faster. If they did, the racers with the most money would of course end up with the best parts, putting the racers with less spare money at a gross disadvantage. For some people in the world, an S2 license just by itself is a major purchase. Start adding to the costs by forcing people to spend money to be competitive and watch people go and play something else very quickly. The thing people like about LFS is that you buy your license and then you compete on a level playing field, with driving skill being what decides a race result, not the money you've spent on parts.

This "tuning" debate has been brought up on this forum so many times, a quick search and five minutes of reading would have given you a great view of the arguments for and against it. If people seem a bit short-tempered it's because everybody who suggests tuning thinks they're the first to think of it, while a forum search for "tuning" (or even "tunning") would have revealed the opposite.
#24 - Woz
Quote from Amadeu Jr :What I mean is a real parts shop, not only choose parts (like othe sugestions) and let the car like a videogame car. Even in the real world you can compete in various categories using the same car, but tuned for that category.

As LFS intend to be as real as possible why not to have this option? Why can´t I buy Koni shockers, BBS Wheels, HKS turbo kits, etc?
By the way, this can be a good font of funds to develop the game faster.

Someone asked how to buy it? Simple, just buy credits online and spent it the way you want.

This is my opinion, If all you guys see from another way, I must (AND I WILL) respect that.

Unfortunally, there are some people that just have no respect for a oposite idea.

The thing is that if the parts have ANY effect on the cars performance AT ALL it means the people with the most cash win races because they have the better car, not because they are the better driver.

This means all new players will lose even more often, not get credits and so have no chance ever. They have enough of a mountain to climb just learning to drive a car fast unless they have ever driven fast and know what skill it takes.

You will also only be able to sent setups to people with exactly the same parts otherwise the setup is not valid. LFS World will not be able to log stats that mean anything etc. There are a whole mountain of issues to climb.

Your idea works in single player Pokemon games like NFS/GT? where you collect cars and do them up but not in a game of skill.

LFS is about the skill required to drive fast. Would you prefer you lose a race because you realise you were beaten by a better driver or would you prefer a worse driver with a much faster car than you to win.

That is a quick round up of some of the issues. As others have said, search tuning, car parts etc and see the 100s of topics on this already.

In the end...

NFS = pokemon car collection and tweak game.
LFS = race sim based on driver skill.

HTH
"Pay more money, get better chances of winning". Now, where have I heard that phrace before..?

Oh, ya. It was online game what I didn't started because it was so collection of fares.

Parts Shop
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG