The online racing simulator
Why is the UFR faster than the LX6?
Perhaps this is obvious to most so maybe I’m just overlooking something but why is the UFR so much faster than the LX6?
Here’s their numbers:

UF GTR (UFR)
Front engined, front wheel drive
Engine: 1.4 litre inline 4
Power: 134 kW (180 bhp) @ 8246 rpm
Torque: 178 Nm (131 lbft) @ 5870 rpm
Total Mass: 600 kg (1323 lbs)
Power-weight: 223 W/kg (304 bhp/ton)
Weight dist: 64.6 F 35.4 R

LX6
Front engined, rear wheel drive
Engine: 1.8 litre inline 6
Power: 142 kW (190 bhp) @ 8429 rpm
Torque: 173 Nm (128 lbft) @ 7059 rpm
Total Mass: 540 kg (1192 lbs)
Power-weight: 62 W/kg (357 bhp/ton)
Weight dist: 48.3 F 51.7 R

The LX6 is lighter has more horsepower and even has better weight distribution. The only two areas I can think of where the UFR has the edge would be aerodynamics and downforce though I see no settings for this. Is it the small frontal area of the UFR?
#2 - Jakg
Quote from DeadVoid :Perhaps this is obvious to most so maybe I’m just overlooking something but why is the UFR so much faster than the LX6?
Here’s their numbers:

UF GTR (UFR)
Front engined, front wheel drive
Engine: 1.4 litre inline 4
Power: 134 kW (180 bhp) @ 8246 rpm
Torque: 178 Nm (131 lbft) @ 5870 rpm
Total Mass: 600 kg (1323 lbs)
Power-weight: 223 W/kg (304 bhp/ton)
Weight dist: 64.6 F 35.4 R

LX6
Front engined, rear wheel drive
Engine: 1.8 litre inline 6
Power: 142 kW (190 bhp) @ 8429 rpm
Torque: 173 Nm (128 lbft) @ 7059 rpm
Total Mass: 540 kg (1192 lbs)
Power-weight: 62 W/kg (357 bhp/ton)
Weight dist: 48.3 F 51.7 R

The LX6 is lighter has more horsepower and even has better weight distribution. The only two areas I can think of where the UFR has the edge would be aerodynamics and downforce though I see no settings for this. Is it the small frontal area of the UFR?

the UFR is a GTR, its a race car with racing slicks, and thus its on a completley dofferent level to the LX6
#3 - -wes-
slicks.
The lx6 might have a higher top speed,not driven either enough to know.
Slicks, of course! I knew it was something simple. So if I add slicks to the LX6 it should own the UFR.
#5 - neRu
I don't think it would be, the LX6 gets extremely twitchy with the rear end on slicks. It's harder to driver to the limit, than the UFR.
#6 - bbman
Also, when braking, the rear goes really light... And it doesn't take much to lose it...
chasis and suspension play a factor too.
noobs

Yeah, slick tyres and slippier aerodynamics. So it's got the LX6 licked in both the slower and faster sections. I still know which one I'd rather drive - there's no substitute for handling.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Bob Smith :I still know which one I'd rather drive - there's no substitute for handling.

what about the drag strip?
The LX's (Cat 7's) aren't very fast cars in real life. From 0-60 they kick royal butt, but they can't muster a great top speed. Most drivers report that anywhere near a hundred make the car super twitchy and very scary. They are light, higly manouverable with great acceleration and braking, but they do not cope well with sustained high speed.

The Gt's on the other hand. Can.

Real life racing involving LX's (Caterhams, Westfields) are mostly undertaken on small, twisty almost gokarty like circuits. It what they are good at.
Quote from Jakg :what about the drag strip?

According to my calculations the LX6 would still be faster to the quarter mile. Hell if I can remember which is actually faster in LFS but I don't have time to load it up atm. I'm all for trying to prove the theory.
i remember racing my fz5 against someone in an XFR on city long. I accellerated faster than him from the start and won the race. but it could have been because the guy was not very good. btw we both had on slicks.
Not really a chat about the LX's and the UF GT though is it . . .

The LX in theory should beat the UF to everything up to nearly a hundred I reckong (Based on guesswork and hunch, not testing). It's rear whell drive, higher power/weight ratio, with nice big chunky rear tyres. On the drag strip it has to be able to outstrip the UF, if it can't then something is a bit wrong . . . .

Trying to put the power down in the UF from standing start is a nightmare, you'll be spinning the wheels for the first 10 seconds. Plus the only front wheel drive drag car out there (Based on a Civic I think, a vague memory is stirring) has a rear torsion bar extending fromn the rear of the car to press the front wheels into the deck, thus giving it traction. The UF just isn't heavy enough to run against the LX with any competitiveness . . . Surely.
I ran some laps on Westhill with the LX6 using slickmod. I was easily five seconds faster than my non-slick times. Considering that there’s a 4.5 second difference between the UFR and LX6 WR times. I estimate that the LX6 with slicks has a slight edge at this track.

Incidentally for a nice offline challenge try racing the LX6 (non-slicks) against the AI driving UFR’s or even XFR’s (if you’re feeling optimistic).
Well the UFR is an aerodynamic brick and has a short wheel base so will be less suited to a fast track like Westhill, there's only so much you can do to a Mini.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG