The online racing simulator
Amazing how close places 4-7 were in time.
Let's see how long the Ferrari's can go before they have to pit though
#52 - J.B.
Not looking good for McLaren this weekend. And both Hamilton and Raikkonen have surprisingly already been outqualified... Could still be an exiting race though.

And tbh a penalty for fuel crawlers on the racing line wouldn't be out of place. Although I wouldn't be happy as Raikkonen didn't get penalized in Australia for an even worse case of blocking.
Kimi actually set a 1.34.188 during Q2. He is running heavy for the race again.
Oh yeah, Ferrari powah!
#55 - JCTK
I reckon perhaps McLaren opted for a more wet-oriented set up than the Ferrari, either that or unfortunately the Ferrari will just escape at the front at 1sec per lap... McLaren simply didn't have the pace of the Ferrari this weekend, but if the rain does come it'll make things VERY interesting~!
I'm afraid there will be penalties for McLaren... at least if everyone in the stewards isn't blind. Webber and Kubica realized to be off the racing line on the other side of the track
Heidfeld said on German TV he could have qualified 3rd or even 2nd if it hadn't been for the McLarens cruising around on the racing line. He seemed rather pissed, tbh, and I can understand that.

And I have to agree, the current qualifying system is stupid. I think if you let at least the last ten run as light as possible, it'll also make the race more interesting, as some will be better in qualifying than during the race, which should mean more overtaking, shoudln't it?
Quote from mclarenmatt :FIA (Ferrari In Action)
^^ Say's it all.

So you're saying it's alright to cruise around on the racing line, effectively preventing other drivers to qualify in front of you?

I think it's a fair decision and it will make the race even more interesting, I'm sure.
^^ Say's it all.

Totally wrong. I'd say McLaren inaction. Says it much better, since it seems they won't appeal. They know they don't have a case and no one to blame except themselves, mclarenmatt.
WOw,Trulli in third? He'll be able to hold everyone up so Ferrari can take off.
same thing happened to me on LFS with BF1, i was leaving the pits and there was one lap left to race, i looked on my minimap and saw 3-4 cars that are lapping me, on the pit straight. I was already out of pits and cruising down the ideal line to let the cars past, i didnt move over because clearly that would of haved caused big collision as they were ritually on my back, 3 cars passed the fourth one slammed into my back.... Got kicked of the server for staying on the racing line....
But now i know no matter what always move out of the racing line when ppl are lapping you, even if half of them crash

And the caption:"Massa's speed doesn't worry Kimi" His facial expression says it all.

Ferrari has now been offered a chance to take championship points. Hope they don't screw it up. Think it's gonna be an interesating race for the McLarens as well.
McLaren P8 and P9

Ferrari for tha win o/
The FIA don't seem to have thought much about all the possible implications of the rules they have introduced here.

As it stands, the Q3 fuel rule encourages low speed returns to the pits and endangers drivers in the process.

Irrespective of the team and/or the driver(s) you happen to support, the result this morning was that certain drivers will not take their correct places on the grid tomorrow. Whether it was because their qualifying run was blocked or because they drove too slowly on the racing line, the problem was precipitated by the Q3 fuel rule.

Yes, it's disappointing that the McLarens have lost places and that Nick Heidfeld and Fernando Alonso lost the opportunity to qualify unimpaired, but more than that, a potential rear end shunt with a closing speed in excess of 100mph doesn't even bear thinking about.

It's a disaster waiting to happen and the FIA need to come up with a solution before Bahrain IMHO.
I just watched it. I don't think it was intentional by the McLarens, I just don't think they realised there were still cars starting on hot laps. But having seen it onboard from Heidfield, it was extremely dangerous and definitely has to be changed. It's a huge shunt just waiting to happen.
Had do be done, the McLarens were just plain dangerous... fair enough, the Q3 format is rubbish, but they could have at least had the common sense not to sit on the racing line at 50mph while the session is still running, all of the other teams managed to do that fine.

p.s. I forsee another Trulli Train
I personally love the Q3 format, because I love the strategy. I don't really give a toss for full on performance numbers.

I do think they should have an exit from the track near the pit exit so the cars don't have to go around again, though.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I personally love the Q3 format, because I love the strategy. I don't really give a toss for full on performance numbers.

I do think they should have an exit from the track near the pit exit so the cars don't have to go around again, though.

I think it restricts the strategy too much too early. I would rather see intense battles over the pole with tight margins in light cars. Now it isn't really that entertaining as you don't know who was fast and who was only light. Of course, Q2 should give some idea, but then, you don't know if everyone even bothered to try hard and the pole taker is celebrated as a hero.

Anyways, tomorrow I'd bet my money on Kimi and that he had a heavier car than Massa. It wouldn't be the first time.
Quote from DarkTimes :I just watched it. I don't think it was intentional by the McLarens, I just don't think they realised there were still cars starting on hot laps.

According to F1-live:

Quote from F1-Live :It is understood that the stewards took a particularly dim view of the fact that both McLaren runners were warned by radio that other drivers were still on flying laps behind them.

Quote :It is understood that the stewards took a particularly dim view of the fact that both McLaren runners were warned by radio that other drivers were still on flying laps behind them.

Well no wonder they were slow, didn't anyone tell them they could use a car? It might make them a bit more competitive.
^^ Say's it all.

Rubbish. I'm a dedicated McLaren supporter, and have been for years - but their conduct at the end of Q3 was dangerous and reckless, and they deserved the penalties they received.

Granted, Ferrari have been FIA favourites many times before, but this is not one of those times.
Ferrari International Assistance have shown their true colours.

There were plenty of other cars employing similar tactices. If you wanted to apply penalties, practically everyone in Q3 should have got one. The format does need to be looked at, maybe scrapping the fuel carryover idea ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG