The online racing simulator
LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
Quote from inCogNito :btw that isn't right. unless smith changed it in the latest version

It can be diff, if someone starts from last and finishes 3rd, but that's what we have the position graph for.
Quote from smith :
Thats right, avg. lap order reflects exact finish positions for finished ones.

Well, i showed you a result where the finishing order was different than the avg. lap order, and you said it's OK, because how the avg. lap is calculated. (not just race length / laps)

maybe a misunderstanding back then
Quote from inCogNito :Well, i showed you a result where the finishing order was different than the avg. lap order, and you said it's OK, because how the avg. lap is calculated. (not just race length / laps)

It was changed since that conversation, as I realised I did math in the wrong way.
Smith - Are you able to determine if a valid pit stop has taken place or the person has gone straight to the garage and out (I know doing this resets the laps to 0) as it would be nice if Stats was able to detect this then placing the person as a DNF at the bottom with 0 laps completed.

The reason I am asking is during a league race someone sustained damage then immediately went to the garage came out and completed the race. And was fewer laps down than others who had made legitamate pit stops. This was found out after watching the replay and amending the stats page

I have also added a post in the improvement section asking for the Shift+S and Pits options be allowed to be switched off so there is no going to the garage during a race just pit stopping.

Regards
Dean
I have an improvement suggestion: i find the "lap by lap positions" graph to be somewhat unclear, because every line's plot positions are based on the progress of THAT racer. In stead, I think it would be better to plot the positions against the race progress of the leading car, so that events that are at the same lap-axis position, actually happened at the same time. Now when people are down on or more laps, their line is no longer synchronous with the race leaders' lines.

You catch my drift?

Anyhoo, great piece of work!
Quote from D34N0 :Smith - Are you able to determine if a valid pit stop has taken place or the person has gone straight to the garage and out (I know doing this resets the laps to 0) as it would be nice if Stats was able to detect this then placing the person as a DNF at the bottom with 0 laps completed.

I'm afraid that I can't do what you ask, since my intention is to have exact duplicate of lfs ingame results table. You should agree with me that preventing and penalising shift+s during league races looks more like administrative task.
Quote from bobvanvliet :
I have an improvement suggestion: i find the "lap by lap positions" graph to be somewhat unclear, because every line's plot positions are based on the progress of THAT racer. In stead, I think it would be better to plot the positions against the race progress of the leading car, so that events that are at the same lap-axis position, actually happened at the same time. Now when people are down on or more laps, their line is no longer synchronous with the race leaders' lines.

It's not very clear for me how losing lap or more to leader should influence player's position, as we have strict position/lap lines for each player in that graph. Can you draw what you suggest using some real results data?
Smith - Thanks for the quick reply. It was more of a hopeful suggestion and yes I do agree it should an administrative task and thats why I also raised this thread in the improvements section

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=434
Quote from smith :
It's not very clear for me how losing lap or more to leader should influence player's position, as we have strict position/lap lines for each player in that graph. Can you draw what you suggest using some real results data?

You know what, I've been going over the graph I thought was confusing, turns out my reasoning was somewhat flawed...

So... Just ignore my comment... .
Could somebody explain the 'Lap times stability' section please?
Very cool Smith, thanks a billlion!

Here's a suggestion, how about making the names of the participants links to their lfsworld stats?
Quote from TechAde :
Could somebody explain the 'Lap times stability' section please?

The lower the number - more stable one's lap times are.

Quote from felplacerad :Here's a suggestion, how about making the names of the participants links to their lfsworld stats?

Good suggestion, thanks.
Quote from smith :The lower the number - more stable one's lap times are.

Thanks smith. Please could you explain what the numbers actually mean, taking this as an example?

1. Rudi Reinkort (RudiTurbo) 0.19 +0.00 72
2. Pierre Closset (Sazea) 0.22 +0.03 71
very cool tool !

cheers
Hi Smith
I have serious problem.
LFS-STATS mistake the finish position.

We try long race, so we have a player who is one lap behind.
At first, 1st to 7th player get checker flag.
Then, 10th to 12th player get checker flag, but they are 1lap behind.
Then, 8th and 9th player get checker flag.

LFS-STATS output file(results.html) change to:

Truly 10th position player -> 8th
Truly 11th position player -> 9th
Truly 12th position player -> 10th
Truly 8th position player -> 11th
Truly 9th position player -> 12th

This is the replay file, please check the STATS program.
http://subarist.minidns.net/im ... _replay/2005-0819Race.mpr
Quote from Warren_GTZ :Hi Smith
I have serious problem.
LFS-STATS mistake the finish position.

Fixed, thanks.

to all:

* FAQ

Q: Could somebody explain the 'Lap times stability' section please?
A: The lower the stability number - more stable one's lap times are.
Only racers which did more than 2 laps are present in stability table.
First lap time is excluded from calculation.

I use the following deviation formula to calculate stability. Example of
calculation for one player:

stability = sqrt(sumN((AverageLapTime - LapTimeN)^2) / (N - 1))
where:
N - number of laps;
AverageLapTime - Player's average lap time;
LapTimeN - Player's time of Nth lap;

Q: I made a stats for our 2h endurance race and it didn't show penalty -
drive through.. it's an bug or it can't show it?
A: It shows only not completed penalties in results. That's a limitation of
LFS, which sends only not completed penalty info on race finish.

Q: Why it shows 0 pit stops for an DNF racer, while I know he did at least one?
A: Since there are no pit-related insim packets (yet?), there is no possibility
to determine number of pit stops other than on race finish. If player hasn't
finished, pit stop data is not available.

Q: Some of the players are marked as DNF in results table, although they
completed the whole race. What's wrong?
A: Replay has ended until every single player finished their final laps, so
no correct results information is available.

Cant find the link right now to the LFS Stats. where?
first post in this thread, attached files
Quote from Da Hoe :first post in this thread, attached files

My glasses was very dirty....illepall
#44 - GerG
Problem with ver 1.276
GerG, read FAQ. I'm sure replay was saved (and ended) until everyone have finished their last lap (and race..) Check that, please.

Q: Some of the players are marked as DNF in results table, although they
completed the whole race. What's wrong?
A: Replay has ended until every single player finished their final laps, so
no correct results information is available.

#46 - GerG
smith: of course i did, that is a complete replay, with 14 finishers.
Edit1: (But now i noticed that some of the Finishers are marked as "Unknown Finisher"s. )

Edit2: Ok i think i've figured it out. Some of the Finishers were spectating BEFORE they got their positions (eg. They Finished the race, got chequered flag, and then spectated, but they were one or more lap behind, so they did not receive their position immediately but a "?" instead), and they are marked as "Unkown Finishers at the end of the race (See pic). The problem is that Stats should see the final results apart from this, IMO.

http://www.liveforspeed.hu/statok/s2/bug/bug.jpg

Edit3: Oh, and in the Champs @ home we use an automated MPR uploader system which gets the information about finsihed racers from the MPR, and it showed correct information. So the Final standings should be in that MPR correctly. IMO again
#47 - ekze
GerG: maybe they have changed name during race?
#48 - GerG
Quote from ekze :GerG: maybe they have changed name during race?

No they did not, the problem is what I explained in edit 2, They were spectating, when they ought to get their positions, but there were no racers on track with that name, so they did not get the position according to the result chart. I guess it is some kind of packet related thing.
So to make it simlple, they are displayed as "Unknown Finisher"s on the pic because they were spectators, when the final standings list was generated. The only thing I do not understand is that the MPR contains proper information about standings (coz we use that in our champs). So i do not get how STATS gets the compromised ones.
The problem is that lfs sends is_res finish packet for the player only when his race position is finalised, i.e. when '?' sign in front of him replaces with a number. That packet isn't sending for 'unknown finishers', the ones who disconnected or spectated during finish table build-up.
In my results table generation I'm basing on insim, not the mpr file itself, so absense of proper input data leads to incorrect results.
Awesome program man. Great work :THUMBSUP:
This thread is closed

LFS stats!
(465 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG