The online racing simulator
How good is this?
(10 posts, started )
How good is this?
Theres a hw store that is selling this, boxed and ready to go. Was wondering what the hardware gurus in here think of it, considering the price of course:

Micro Intel Quad core 6600
8 GB RAM DDR2
1 TB HD
GPU nVidia 8800GT
CD/DVD writer + Blu ray reader
LG 22'' Wide Screen

Doesnt say anything about sound card or mobo so i dont think theyre anything special.

Price is 1300€

Thoughts?
id want to know the speed of the ram and the make ect, aswell as knowing the mobo
Sure, if all you do is write in Notepad.

Seriously, those spec are pretty much going to allow you to run any program for a few years. I would drop to 4 gigs of memory, and bump to screen up a few inches.
Agreed. If there's a version with 4 Gb for a lower price, you may as well drop it and put some of it towards maybe a nice sound card? 8 Gb is absolutely overkill.
thats a hell of lot to spend on a PC
Always best to build them yourself.. make better deals, and get better for the prices.
really necessary for 8Gb of RAM?...which motherboard you getting, get 4Gb RAM and maybe another 8800GT for SLI? Your machine doesn't really even out...
Quote from harjun :really necessary for 8Gb of RAM?...which motherboard you getting, get 4Gb RAM and maybe another 8800GT for SLI? Your machine doesn't really even out...

The reason it doesn't quite "even out" is because I think what he's looking at is a computer that is geared towards photo editing or multimedia editing, since it has a giant hard drive (lots of space for images/videos) massive amounts of RAM (for opening large photos and having lots of clips open at once) and a fast processor (to render files quickly.)

He really doesn't need to get another 8800GT to SLi just because the rest of the computer is the ULTIMATE setup. It will run LFS with ease, and many other games just fine.
#9 - xenoa
Quote from BurnOut69 :Theres a hw store that is selling this, boxed and ready to go. Was wondering what the hardware gurus in here think of it, considering the price of course:

Micro Intel Quad core 6600
8 GB RAM DDR2
1 TB HD
GPU nVidia 8800GT
CD/DVD writer + Blu ray reader
LG 22'' Wide Screen

Doesnt say anything about sound card or mobo so i dont think theyre anything special.

Price is 1300€

Thoughts?

CPU is awesome....allthou not all softs supports Quad CPU's atm including LFS =/
GPU is best value for bucks imho
Why 8GB...i got 4G and i think thats even bit too much
and all monitors below 24" are small

and what it comes to price... my pc costs around 1000e with 24" TFT
You can beat the price if you build, and you can pick and choose all the right brands!

How good is this?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG