The online racing simulator
HOW FAST MAX SPEED on BLGP straight
what is the max speed that you guys (and gals) have got to?
Today i did about 176mph in the FZR
Is that any good?
I has as little downforce as possible and full tire pressures
Also, i did 186mph in the FO8 Is that any good?
Attached images
FZR Top Speed.jpg
untitled.JPG
What's the point? Going that fast... you are just the first to get to the scene of your wreck.illepall

Try this; see how fast you can make it down the straight... and still make the next corner without wrecking. This requires a perfect exit from turn 3/4. If you can do 176 that way, then I will be suitably impressed.
after reading what you said, I went and tried...and failed. i got 168mph and then braked nearly running of the track so 176mph and corner...Impossible
thats why drifters in real life are a dying breed.
Haha
Quote from RMachucaA :thats why drifters in real life are a dying breed.

Off-topic, but:
What's with the ungloved hands? No offence, but those look really choppy.
Its a "hidden" model, where the racer has no suit.
Quote from Hallen :What's the point? Going that fast... you are just the first to get to the scene of your wreck.illepall

Try this; see how fast you can make it down the straight... and still make the next corner without wrecking. This requires a perfect exit from turn 3/4. If you can do 176 that way, then I will be suitably impressed.

Well Put!
Quote from Daedelus :Off-topic, but:
What's with the ungloved hands? No offence, but those look really choppy.

Yah it takes so much time to make a custom glove.

The NASSA fire suit glove.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Its a "hidden" model, where the racer has no suit.

This really really pisses me off...
Quote from ajp71 :This really really pisses me off...

What? The fact it exists, my [poor] typing, or the fact that people use it and think they look "leet"?
Don't you mean l33t?

Dan,
Quote from ajp71 :This really really pisses me off...

Why? This is known for a while now. Basically you can edit your plr file and set the value for the driver model to one of the "spectators". No reason to get pissed about it.
meanwhile......back on topic

how fast can you go down blackwood straight AND still make the corner?
Again who actually cares - it's a meaningless test.

What you should ask is who is quickest over a lap. And then you go to LFSW. And THEN you can watch the replays and see what speeds the aliens gets at this point.

But taking off downforce so you can go 10mph faster but end up 10 seconds a lap slower is just illepall

[OT] I hate the silly helmetless drivers too [/OT]
Yes it's meaningless but hitting inpractical top speeds is just a bit of fun, I'm surprised so many people here take exception to it.
It's not people taking exception to doing it as such, more the fact that it's being asked/stated as if it's the best measure of drivers skill or something.
#20 - Vain
How dare you doubt this? Only the most skilled drivers of the world can press the gas-pedal until they hit a wall!!! (Or drive in a tri-oval until they are out of gas </personal-I-don't-like-ovals-rant> )

Vain
#21 - Jakg
Quote from Vain :How dare you doubt this? Only the most skilled drivers of the world can press the gas-pedal until they hit a wall!!! (Or drive in a tri-oval until they are out of gas </personal-I-don't-like-ovals-rant> )

Vain

when your on your own yes, but in a pack you need to modulate to stop yourself crashing into somebody!
This is alot like the kids around town thinking their car audio systems are "da bomb!" They run around "boom, boom, boom" thinking they are king. Then when they are showing off to me, I ask them to play this CD, and hand them Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon. Again, its "boom, boom, boom", but nothing else. Even the booming isn't as loud because their "bass" CDs don't even create really low bass. Those CDs don't even have as low end bass as real music does, which in reality, even their bass systems are lousy. Then I make them sit in my car and they are totally amazed because they can pinpoint where on the created soundstage David Gilmore seems to be jamming out on the guitar or amazed at the low bass coming from my "tiny" subs are creating. (total wattage of my system is around 75 watts rms and I can outplay and outboom most of the "bass" systems I've come across with me playing REAL music. Rush's YYZ drum solo is a real good one for this :-) )

This analagy follows the same concept as those who think getting maximum speed on the straights equate to being fast. (Not that I'm saying the original poster is saying this. He just seems to be curious of maximum speed and hasn't said anything about racing). The key isn't to go as fast as you can, but to get the maximun speed you can get to at the braking point for the corner. I can easily pull 120 mph in the GTi on Blackwood, but there's no way I can make the corner, where if I hit 118 mph, I'm right past the 100 m mark in the perfect spot to brake and downshift for the corner. That fraction of a second gained by 2 mph speed will equate to losing several seconds in overall lap times as I would miss the apex, have to slow down conciderably in the corner, and need to drop an extra gear to accellerate horribly out of the corner.
lol, i still dont see why you guys care. Your taking it so seriously. Remember this is a game
Quote from tristancliffe :
What you should ask is who is quickest over a lap. And then you go to LFSW. And THEN you can watch the replays and see what speeds the aliens gets at this point.

Well NO not really, as that would be another thread!

The purpose of this meaningless thread is a simple question of how fast your setup gets you down the straight and around the corner in control.

Meaningless.....maybe, but so what!
Quote from mrfell :Well NO not really, as that would be another thread!

The purpose of this meaningless thread is a simple question of how fast your setup gets you down the straight and around the corner in control.

No it wasn't. Look at the pictures. He hits 176mph right before hitting the gravel trap at the end of the straight. His question was how fast can you get to going down the straight, regardless of making the corner.

It is no big deal, and I suppose it could be fun to try once or twice...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG