The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Spinne's is done. Hope it's okay. Gish's is on the way (a few more minutes yet, but I'll edit this post when it's done). I got the white wheels and the two cars, and I took the liberty of making the headlight surround think the same colour as the bodywork like on the current real Raceabout.

Cropsy's on the way shortly. Exactly which scene did you have in mind? The one from above (like the original FZR) or the one from the front (Spinne's XFR)? I'll assume the one from above, but let me know if not. I'll check here before I click render.

Edit: Okay, Gish's is done, and cropsy's is just starting now (had to tweak the rear light texture as it was washed out on the preview render).

looks awesome as usual mate, thanks
I don't think my renders are 'awesome'. Ian.H's are better than mine, and Grudd, Sniiki and the like make me look like an idiot when it comes to rendering.

But I'm glad you lot appear to like them. How's this Ven?
Attached images
Vendetta.png
omg tristan i love it! now i have a new wallpaper, and a render to show off our skin
Im amazed at what you guys can achieve, some of these models are unbelievable!
Soo, was hoping someone would like a shot at rendering my pride and joy (ALOT of hard work went into this skin, it was made from scratch and inspired by the 2002 castrol livery)

Thnx!
Attached images
Untitled-2 copy.jpg
XRT_LockCastrol.jpg
Here ya go...
Attached images
Lock.jpg
"Its Alive!! muhaha"

Thanks heaps m8 thats absoloutly killer, you do some awsome work! (straight to my wallpaper )
No, it'll be awesome when every car has 3D lights (rather than textures), details on the wheels (but I want to keep the LFS wheels, strange as that may seem), stuff behind vents so I can make the meshes on them see through (like the Raceabout engine cover and rear lights), and all sorts of other stuff.

I've just spent quite a long time trying to integrate some 3D headlights into the FZ50, but it looked naff, so I didn't save it. One of these days I'll work out a nifty way of doing it without losing all the other work I've done on the model (mainly materials, smoothing and the odd simple detail here and there).

But until then, I'm quite happy that people seem to approve of my render attempts.

Edit: here is a taste of what I've done...
Edit2: Integrated into an FZ50
Edit3: The finished article is seems, in both FZ5 and FZR cars.
Attached images
3dlights.jpg
3dlights2.jpg
3dlights3.jpg
3dlights4.jpg
gonna do brake lights too?
headlights arent to bad, but its not that you did a bad job, but more or less the design.. it just 'fit' hte car to well IMO
i still think it would look cool if it had headlights like the ones i put on a 350Z for a tuning contest at cgcars
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a392/XCNuse/b0b93cfc.jpg
^ imo i think that style of headlights would fit the FZ50 .. or something similar to that atleast
Hell on Tyres (°HoT) Teamskin Rendering
Hi, just wanted to share this nice rendering of the RAC in our HoT-Teamskin.
It was rendered by my teammate denni7, I created the skin and the logo.
Attached images
RAC.jpg
Quote from HorsePower :Hi, just wanted to share this nice rendering of the RAC in our HoT-Teamskin.
It was rendered by my teammate denni7, I created the skin and the logo.

nice skin! render too
can anyone render this skin for me please?
Attached images
FOX_essog.jpg
can some render my skin plase its a xfg gti skin its the 1st car in the demo mode
Attached images
XFG_DEFAULT 2.jpg
Gish - your render is on it's way.

Faster111 - I've already rendered that awful skin, made a better skin AND rendered that for you too. Do you REALLY want me to do ANOTHER render of this one. Because I'm not going to. If you want a render you need to make a skin thats deserving of a render. Gish (and others like him) obviously spend a long time making 2048 versions of their skins, and I am proud to render for them, but why should I bother with a 512 skin with the wrong colours and with the default skins wheels still showing as though they make a blind bit of difference to the skin.... Sorry for the rant, but no. Oh, you dont need to state "it's the 1st car in the demo mode", because, surprise surprise, we already knew that...
how do i put the render skin on my car then lo
Quote from faster111 :how do i put the render skin on my car then lo

what? a render is what the car with the skin on will look like, it sounds as though you want to make a skin out of a render!
A skin is a skin. You can put a skin on your car in the game OR in the CMX viewer OR on a 3D model in a rendering program.

The results of the above:

You can see your skin in game OR you can preview your skin in the CMX veiwer whilst you make it OR have it rendered with light, shadow, reflections, etc at a much higher resolution. The skin is awful. Rendering it won't make it any better - if anything it'll highlight just how bad it actually is.

Gish: Here you go with compliments from the chef.

Edit: Here is a couple of pics that I made whilst testing, for the first time, depth of field within Max. I quote liked the really dark one actually, so I saved it quick. By no means good work, as I didn't know what all the options would do, but you have to start somewhere.
Attached images
FOX_Gish.png
test.jpg
test2.jpg
test3.jpg
ok am sick of this see if you can do a better ONE THEN!!
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe
Quote from tristancliffe :I ALREADY HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not really supposed to be rude to individuals on this forum, but you're starting to test my patience. Not only can you not write properly, you appear to have trouble reading too. And putting the last two words of your sentence as capitals when it's the wrong two words you're trying to emphasise makes you LOOK SILLY!

i meant do better skin from the start then to its done lo
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe
so me then
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe : Trying to avoid pointless extra posts in a thread about renders....
Quote from faster111 :ok am sick of this see if you can do a better ONE THEN!!

im sure he can, especially seeing as your skin is just orange with a flag on...
cheers once again tristan

i like that closeup idea on the front alot, it looks mean as hell
Hey,
wondering if someone could render a couple cars for me
If someone has a drifting scene they could put the option1garage car in it would be great but if not just a normal one will do
for the v8 extreme one just a normal one will do fine
Attached images
XRT_v8extreme.jpg
XRT_JTMDrift.jpg
and here's my team's new skin :P
yep, changed again!
any c&c welcome!
Attached images
teamom_redbull.jpg
Okay, well the V8 Extreme one was easy (although I had to fix some smoothing groups on the bonnet, but hey that needed doing for anyone's renders). I hope you like it.

As for the drifting scene, I'm not quite sure what constitutes a drifting scene, as it's not something I've even wanted to be involved in. However, using my small powers of thought I decided to make this scene. The car is at an arty angle, the wheels are on full lock, the background is very plain (no reflections at all), and I used an HDRI map to make it look slightly more as if the car is outside. With a little photoshopping I'm confident you could add this onto a track, with some smoke, and make the drifting scene. It's up to you. Feel free to edit my work as you see fit (although it's always nice to have a little 'Rendered by..." caption if you do).

Also, I haven't saved that scene setup, so if you or anyone else wants the exact same thing you're out of luck. It took too much hacking at the scene with a pickaxe (or hacksaw) to get the reflections reasonable.
Attached images
XRT_v8extreme.jpg
XRT_JTMDrift.jpg

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG