The online racing simulator
Melbourne GP *Spoilers*
I think I recall them doing much the same last year in free practice runs. I'd be amazed if they're still there in qualifying and yet more amazed if they're there after the end of the race.
Quote from xaotik :I think I recall them doing much the same last year in free practice runs. I'd be amazed if they're still there in qualifying and yet more amazed if they're there after the end of the race.

do you relize who designs their cars?
The same person who designed the 2007 model as far as I know and it still won't change the fact that I'd be amazed.
Adrian Newey if im not wrong?
Their car is designed by Adrian Newey.

Edit: Got beat.
The very same since 2006 but only actually designed the 2007 model if I am not mistaken.
Think he joined rbr too late to really put any imput into the 2006 car, 2007 and 2008 were all built using his imput.
I wouldn't claim that RBR will blow anyone away this year, but Newey has a fine pedigree and it makes sense it would take a few years for everything to come together. I'd like to see RBR do well though...
Quote from xaotik :I think I recall them doing much the same last year in free practice runs. I'd be amazed if they're still there in qualifying and yet more amazed if they're there after the end of the race.

Pardon my pessimism but I tend to concur with xaotik, even if Mark qualifies reasonably well I'd be amazed if he finished well Loved to be proved wrong though.
The days when one persons influence is that big are gone. Adrian Newey will have overseen the process, but the actual number crunching will be done by hundreds of other people.
Quote from tristancliffe :The days when one persons influence is that big are gone. Adrian Newey will have overseen the process, but the actual number crunching will be done by hundreds of other people.

Your probably correct there. All this hype about Ross Brawn turning Honda around, i cant see it happening.

Anybody see hamilton's drift lmao Should see some intresting driving without this TC.
#13 - J.B.
Electronics don't make a big difference, eh?

Wonder if Lewis' driving style may cause tyre problems over a full GP length.
You'd thought he would of learnt his lesson about tyre control last time...
Quote from J.B. :Electronics don't make a big difference, eh?

Wonder if Lewis' driving style may cause tyre problems over a full GP length.

The track was quite green and slipy.

The biggest problem was the rears locking from what i could see. Once the track rubbers in, and we get the to the normal circuits it won't be so dramatic.

However good to see no doubt
So far it is looking pretty good with the overall balance of different cars/teams in the Top 10. Quite promising I think.

But I must say, Alonso must've had his lucky eyebrows plucked or something if he is that slow....
Quote from Tweaker :So far it is looking pretty good with the overall balance of different cars/teams in the Top 10. Quite promising I think.

But I must say, Alonso must've had his lucky eyebrows plucked or something if he is that slow....

He'll be out of that Renault next year me thinks
Albert park hardly gets used when f1's not in town.
#19 - J.B.
Quote from Intrepid :The track was quite green and slipy.

The biggest problem was the rears locking from what i could see. Once the track rubbers in, and we get the to the normal circuits it won't be so dramatic.

However good to see no doubt

Yeah, I agree that there will usually be less of this sort of thing. But the difference to having cars with TC will still be quite large in the sense that the corrections in the steering, the movement of the car and the sound of the engine will help us judge how good or bad a driver exited a corner. With TC it was just the same silly noise, no matter what. Although going by yesterdays sessions the corner entry without engine braking control may be the even more significant change.
Oh man, BMW has to have set a new record for most winglets, it looks like someone glued the wings of a toy spaceship to the nose...

I like the new Ferraris, nice to not have to look at bar codes anymore, only problemn is the nose looks a bit empty.
Hmmm im holding of any predictions until qualifying, i would'nt be supprised if kimi and massa are sand bagging abit
#22 - MR_B
Quote from Rappa Z :I like the new Ferraris, nice to not have to look at bar codes anymore, only problemn is the nose looks a bit empty.

Y'know I sat there last night watching the live stream and thought to myself the Ferrari's are looking awefully bare these days...
Alonso just did a 1:27.167.

Renault been sandbagging?
AFAIK, It is windy, and teams have been working with fuel strategy. So all results thus far are not representing real times I think.
I don't really care what happens now, I am happy to see F1 cars actually powersliding out of corners and looking like they are tricky to drive. Ferrari will win the race I think, they usually do.

Melbourne GP *Spoilers*
(336 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG