The online racing simulator
ITV To Broadcast F1 Free Practise...
EFF! would be a much cooler name.
#3 - MR_B
#4 - nihil
Yeah interesting... but there's a secondary story here: in the UK we have to pay for a TV licence "to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV." Now, I don't think ITV is going to be simultaneously broadcasting and streaming (not sure about this...), but I'm sure in the future that it will happen...

Currently, you only need a licence if your computer has a TV card installed, but at some point we will probably have to pony up for a licence simply for possessing a computer, since it will be capable of receiving programmes as they are broadcast...
They have already said it, I remember reading somewhere in the not too distant future, ANYTHING that is capable of recieving a TV signal will require a TV license.
What if I have a computer, but I keep it in a place where I couldn't possibly view it?

Yes, that is the place I was thinking of.
There is plenty of evidence that the TV license is BS anyway, don't pay it, all they will do is keep sending through threatening letters, but never actually get round to doing anything about it, they just use scare tactics to bully people into getting one.

Interesting read, the guy has been licenseless for 3 years, no sign of anything other than bullyboy tactics and bluff > http://www.bbctvlicence.com/
Quote from danowat :Interesting read, the guy has been licenseless for 3 years, no sign of anything other than bullyboy tactics and bluff > http://www.bbctvlicence.com/

That's excellent. I love guys like him!

And yes, I meant it in that way.
My girlfriend got a fine one time for not paying her licence fee, although I'm not sure if she made the mistake of contacting them about a letter or something before it. Just a warning in case you do decide to stop paying it

Sucks though - we pay a licence fee as well as a Sky subscription, and the BBC channels are mandatory. It's not like you can even ask not to have them for a reduced price.
#10 - MR_B
Excellent! Good for him.
I'm always a supporter of sticking a middle finger up to the corperate bullies.
its on and working
I was happy cuz I thought I'd be able to watch F1 finally but seems like its only for the UK and only way to watch would be getting a UK ip...
Really what's the point in broadcasting F1 practice, the races are dull enough and the current qualifying is stupid and confusing to make it 'exciting'. I say broadcast some other racing anyday
#14 - MR_B
WTF! i can't see it... "Rights restrictions prevent us from displaying this video content to users outside the UK"
anyone else finding it stuttery?
#17 - MR_B
yeah they didn't expect the mass of viewers (duh), but it's sped up as of 23:48 get up www.f1.com too and watch live timings. C'mon Force POWAH India
#18 - SamH
Attrociously stuttery. I don't think the problem is at my end, since I have 20mbit broadband.

[ed] bahh, I give up. That's unwatchable.
Same 4 at the top agian(but kova instead of alonso who is 5th anyway lol)..
#20 - DeKo
thats shitter than i thought it would be, live timing it is.
#21 - MR_B
the wonders of two screens = lfsforums, livetiming and (once was)livestreaming
Quote from Blas89 :WTF! i can't see it... "Rights restrictions prevent us from displaying this video content to users outside the UK"

Same here. Bastards.
#24 - MR_B
ouch, my ears.... Well that was fun

More again at 3am...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG