The online racing simulator
BMW M3 Challenge + Nordschleife
(62 posts, started )
Although you can´t play GTL without an original copy, you can install it and steal the tracks... :rolleyes:
Quote from Leprekaun :or in other words : I want to get the *cough* pirate *cough* version so I want to know if its protected.

No, smart arse. I wanted to buy the game, but I don't want to buy anything infected with StarForce protection because it can seriously screw you over.

When I tried the demo (quite why they needed to "protect" a free ****ing demo I have no idea) it habitually rebooted my PC each time I tried to run the game. There are also issues with StarForce neutering optical drives it decides it doesn't like. It's malware.
Don't forget there's also the player-created ones. Saves even installing the malware

Try the RSC archive. They might work.

So is this worth me downloading then?
2.8GHz P4, Radeon 9700...I think that's quite bad...runs ok on default settings (DX8 renderer, 800x600x16).
Just tried installing some downloaded tracks into this thing, but cant get them to work I tried renaming the various files in the folder but seeing as i'm not entirely sure what the file's are or what they do then it's beyond my computing nouse Although i'm sure it is possible for someone a bit cleverer than me.

Anyway, does the "Big Ring" work online ? could be a laugh..
i've done it, was playing it perfectly, but now, when i close down M3 Challenge game, it isn't opening the game up again.
This is because you have to rename the folders again. The game does not start with modified folder, so you have to rename the folders each time you want to play
Quote from harjun :i've done it, was playing it perfectly, but now, when i close down M3 Challenge game, it isn't opening the game up again.

Quote from NitroNitrous :5. At the next start from the game you must rename the "Nuerburgring" folder (with the downloaded files) back to "Nuerburgring nordschleife" and the "Nuerburgring original" back to "Nuerburgring", because the game does not start with modified folders.

Reading can be fun, yet informative !

bloody hell, thats twice in as many posts i've been waaaaay too slow :grumpy:
Quote from Mazz4200 :... Anyway, does the "Big Ring" work online ? could be a laugh..

I played yesterday with a friend, but we had to use Hamachi and started a LAN server. It was awesome

I am trying to add some other tracks now, but they don´t work yet... :chicken:
If anyone is knowledgable on this, id like to make a request for Laguna Seca.
Given that they all seem to use the same engine, would this work with downloaded rFactor tracks? I know theres a downloadable Laguna Seca.
m3 challenge
r there any onter mod or track for m3 challenge available
#38 - JJ72
wouldn't it be easier to just get the M3 in rfactor instead of having two very similiar game in your harddrive (as it's already been converted)
It has been actually lol.
#41 - MR_B
downloading m3 challenge+ this track. seems like some fun on bmw coming in an hour
edit:woo nice. gonna test this track soon. just awsome playground, a bmw without aids and open track
I just tried it.. Nordschleife is very dissapointing.. In some places I was thinking where the **** am I ? They just added corners in places where in real life there isn't even a corner lol (Hatzenbach). It goes downhill in places where IRL it's just flat and vice versa.. Coming up on Adenauer Forst.. in the game it's like totally flat lol.. and then heading towards Metzgesfeld it goes downhill.. what a joke. The only part that looked slightly realistic is Eschbach-Brünnchen..

Right-click mouse, delete.. ktnxbye.
Yup i just tried it as well, (G25 at 540°, speed sensitity steerring "something" set to 5% just like i used to have it in GTL, GTR2 and rFactor as well) and i felt at home right away. Nice graphics & sound, nice combo. Kind of a replacement or alternative for the scirocco atm since it eases the waiting a little

Thanks for the link and for bumping this thread
This is a good game, I like it. Not as good as LFS.
Quote from NitroNitrous :I played yesterday with a friend, but we had to use Hamachi and started a LAN server. It was awesome

I am trying to add some other tracks now, but they don´t work yet... :chicken:

We just tried the same thing but something seem to be screwed up. We can browse eachothers shared folders and stuff (so hamachi apparently works) but we cant join eachothers sessions, hosted via game or dedicated server. Any idea or any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, same workgroup ftw...
Quote from 510N3D :We just tried the same thing but something seem to be screwed up. We can browse eachothers shared folders and stuff (so hamachi apparently works) but we cant join eachothers sessions, hosted via game or dedicated server. Any idea or any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, same workgroup ftw...

Having the same issue. Hamachi installed, we are on the same default "WORKGROUP" and still can't find lan game. I do have 2 PC's in one room and I can find the server on that but not with my friend in another location through Hamachi.

Help pls
can't load.....
Quote from scania :can't load.....

Read the directions.....

This is pretty cool. I've never tried it until it was bumped recently. I'm wondering, is this how rFactor feels as well? I never tried rFactor on account of I wouldn't be able to do anything but single player because of poor computer specs and wasn't going to pay for racing AI.

The force feedback is terrible. It just feels like centering spring is turned on in my logitech drivers, which it is not. If this is suppose to "show off" what a BMW M3 is like, they failed tremendously. All it does for me is understeer straight into the walls and there is no way I would buy a car that expensive just to understeer everywhere.

It is a bit fun though. I've never had any PC sim or game that had Nordscleife on it, thus I know exactly nothing about the track. Oh, I guess I have done maybe 2 laps with NR2003, but that's it. The clock reset after 10 minutes of me trying the first lap. Then I ventured into the link provided previously and started downloading other tracks and playing around. I have to give Nords. another go.

I put a handful of AI on the track with me, about 5 is all my PC could handle if that. Wow, we thought LFS' AI drivers were bad. These guys were terrible.

Downloaded Mid Ohio. I've been dying to drive that track ever since I use to race with Indycar Racing 2. I LOVE that track, and it didn't work! Grrrrrr!!!!

One thing that is terrible is the FOV. A shame that I like to sit in the cockpit, but hate driving from the back seat with the dashboard miles ahead of me. Is rFactor FOV the same? I couldn't move it up nearly enough (I use FOV 50 in LFS to get an idea of what is wrong here.)

BMW M3 Challenge + Nordschleife
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG