The online racing simulator
Got me some shin splints last time i ran (which was last time i posted here) Apparently tight muscles + running dont go together I seem to be very injury prone lately.

Good to see your keeping it up dan!
Shameless plug alert...................

If you feel generous, you can now sponser my 3 mile sport relief run here > http://www.mysportrelief.com/danowat

No matter how little, if you think you can chuck some change my way, it would help me on the way to my (£100) target
Quote from danowat :Shameless plug alert...................

If you feel generous, you can now sponser my 3 mile sport relief run here > http://www.mysportrelief.com/danowat

No matter how little, if you think you can chuck some change my way, it would help me on the way to my (£100) target

Have a quid from me....but just as a little note...REMIND PEOPLE TO TICK THE "GIFTAID" BOX!!!!
Thank you very much!!!!!!
I`ll give ya 10 bucks mate
Hope they helps hehe.
Just a little bump, Sport relief 3 mile run is this coming Sunday (16th)

Been training now since Jan, and I think I am ready for it, I am regularly putting in training runs of between 3.5 - 4.5 miles, and my mile pace over those distances is around 11 mins.

So I am going to TRY and do the 3 miles in 30mins on Sunday, I must say I am a little nervous, but it's all good experiance
Quote from danowat :Just a little bump, Sport relief 3 mile run is this coming Sunday (16th)

Been training now since Jan, and I think I am ready for it, I am regularly putting in training runs of between 3.5 - 4.5 miles, and my mile pace over those distances is around 11 mins.

So I am going to TRY and do the 3 miles in 30mins on Sunday, I must say I am a little nervous, but it's all good experiance

You can do it mate
I belive in ya
Quote from danowat :Just a little bump, Sport relief 3 mile run is this coming Sunday (16th)

Good luck mate tim training to get my 10 km in under 52 mins
Just curious have you moved off the treadmill and into the real world yet?
Quote from sil3ntwar :Just curious have you moved off the treadmill and into the real world yet?

Are you meaning me?

But stil 10 km in 52min stil long way to go
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Are you meaning me?

But stil 10 km in 52min stil long way to go

Nope sorry earlier in the thread danowat said he was running on a treadmill which is completely different to running in the real world.
Not yet, the weather and darkness is still not good enough to venture outside, so it's the treadmill for now.

As soon as the weather is half decent, and it's reasonably light when I get in from work, I will be outside.

Sundays run will be my first "proper" run outside, I imagine it's going to be quite different.

I have heard two schools of thought on the subject, 50% of people say it's harder, 50% say its easier, I have been running the treadmill on an incline to try and help the transition though.
Good luck on the run. A couple years ago before I got into sprinting, a friend and I signed up for a 15km run for charity. I can honestly say I'm never doing something like that again. The only way you'll make it is if you stay dedicated. I hope you do well and let us know how it goes when it's all over.
~Bryan~
#64 - Rish
Quote from danowat :

Good luck with the run, you should eat that really. 3 miles in 30 mins average 6 mph. I haven't got the stamina for running but i've started to do a 1 mile run round to a mates house before we go swimming (takes about 7 or 8 minutes) and i'm contemplating doing a swimathon in april. Choices are between 2.5km and 5km, i swam 2.6km last thursday and im putting in regular (3 times per week) sessions at the pool so i reckon i might go for the 5km.

Anyway "good luck with the run"
Quote from danowat :Not yet, the weather and darkness is still not good enough to venture outside, so it's the treadmill for now.

As soon as the weather is half decent, and it's reasonably light when I get in from work, I will be outside.

Sundays run will be my first "proper" run outside, I imagine it's going to be quite different.

I have heard two schools of thought on the subject, 50% of people say it's harder, 50% say its easier, I have been running the treadmill on an incline to try and help the transition though.

Its not so much about being harder or easier its the surface type thats the problem. Running on tarseal/concrete puts a lot more stress on your joints than a treadmill would.
That's why if your running on pavement or an equally as hard surface, you need to adjust your step acordingly, and wear more appropriate foot-wear. If your jogging or running around your area, try and design it so your on pavement as little as possible, it'll murder the balls of your feet, and your knees in the long run
~Bryan~
A single mile time isn't really that good an indicator of mile pace when you get upwards of 3 miles, the pace does seem to drop quite a bit, I will try and do it as quick as I can .

As for shoes, I had gait analysis a while ago, which found I was over-pronating (landing on the inside of my foot/heel which was causing groin and knee pains, and left unattended would have lead to injury), so I was told I needed proper running shoes that cured this, I got some Asic's 1120's which are REALLY comfy, and REALLY good for distance, I get no pains no at all, so it was well worth it.
Well, Sport Relief is done and dusted, REALLY enjoyed it, managed the 3 miles in 28mins, which I was happy about .

It was meant to be a nice indicator of my training for the 10K run in May, and it was a good indication, could have quite easily gone on and done 6 miles.

Anyway, here are some pics,

First one is me and my daughter, she didnt manage the 3 miles, she had to pull off after 2, kids hey!!!!

Second one is me on my 2nd mile lap

Third one is me finishing!!!, I look more knackered than I was .

Weather was terrible,cold, wind and rain, but it was still really good fun, so looking forward to my 10K race in May now!!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albu ... at/sportrelief2008002.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albu ... at/sportrelief2008028.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albu ... at/sportrelief2008034.jpg
#69 - Vain
Well done.

Vain
Thanks Vain
Just incase anyone is remotely interested..............

I am still going for it, I have signed up for the Breckland 10K on the 4th May, and my training is in full swing, currently I am finding it tough, no suprise there, but I am determined to do it.

I am currently running between 13-15 miles a week, with a 2 mile run at the start of the week, 5 mile tempo or fartlek speedwork in the middle and a 6,7 or 8 mile long run at the end of the week.

Truth be told, I am nervous about the 10K, I have been training non-stop now for over 4 months and it's all been leading up to this race, I just hope I don't mess up and look like a tool!!!!!

So thats that
#72 - Nobo
I am checking in here from time to time

If you are already doing 6,7,8 mile long runs, arent that actually 10k...
i find it usually much easier to do 10k in an "event" then in training. The motivation is higher

Just came home from my training run for a spring run in my town on april 20th, but just 5k ...need to defend my 28th place.
Yeah, 10K is about 6 miles, so I am exceeding that in training, I just hope I can pull it off "on the day"

Last years results are here > http://www.thetford-ac.co.uk/2007.htm

TBH, I would be pleased with not finishing last!!! LOL
#74 - Nobo
Yeah checked out that site run.
Be prepared for nipple accidents ...especially when you get hot for the run .
I hate tempo runs too... ...but if you want to build uo your ground speed its the best way to go
...and more important get yourself in the right agressive mood.
I already had a large nipple accident.

Was running 6 miles on the treadmill, missus came in and said "why is there blood all over your top"?, I hadn't even noticed that I had worn the tops of my nipples off and they were bleeding quite badly LOL!!!!

Needless to say, I tape them up now

The road to 26.2 miles (was 10km training)
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG