The online racing simulator
Y Patch [Rant]
(28 posts, started )
Y Patch [Rant]
I LOVE car racing simulations, it's THE BEST FUN, LFS has the best race cars, tracks and physics i'v ever seen, (it tested ones ability in car racing). I'v been playing car racing simulations for many years and LFS is the best of the bunch. The fastest driver with the best times is "A WINNER", but now LFS has changed the rules of play (moved the goal post to where ever THEY put them and still play the game?), NO PEOPLE. the only thing i have to say is "change the the rules in the middle of the game and lose the PAYING CUSTOMER" it's not a good way to do business people, at any time. The player pays REAL MONEY to play this game, but no, to play this game you have to play by the rules that are set by the people who receive your money. Isn't the customer always right?. Players/Customers enjoys doing the best they can, or is it, you can play the game and if the rules change you still have to "PAY TO PLAY!", WELL NO. WE CAN SAY NO PEOPLE, and watch the game and it's programmers go down in history. Since the latest patch "Y" the game has gone down from about 3 pages of occupied servers to about half a page of occupied servers. that's about a 75% LOSS IN BUSINESS, way to go LFS, so is that the way you send a business down the tube?. Many people have spent a grate deal of time and money trying to be the best (IN THE WORLD) only to have the programmers change the rules and wipe all records of their achievements for no more $$$$. So is it? (PEOPLE DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE SPENT YOUR MONEY AND THE LAST YEAR OR SO TRYING TO GET A WORLD RECORD, WE JUST CHANGED THE RULES FOR THE GLIMMER OF THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR FOR HERE AND NOW)
What?
#3 - Venus
I have to agree with you Marcus. Since Patch Y was released, click on any of the car types and you are lucky to get 1/2 page of occupied servers. n yes, it did used to be 2-3 pages of them.

The biggest effect is of course the fox on as2. Patch Y killed the interest in that. I can only think, the tv deal put stars in their eyes n they lost their way because of it. Problem is, they forgot LFS is a global product, not local.

It's a shame, I loved LFS. I used to race it everyday for hours. Now; I hardly ever race since patch Y. For me, it just killed it! Which is a real shame, because it was an awesome game. The FXR on as3 is still awesome, n that seems the only saving grace. The fox though might as well be removed, as it was certainly killed.

I also think you are right about the business side. It's obvious to anyone who was involved deeply in LFS pre-patch Y how few people are on these days. Oh well... that's life... tell you what though, the only thing that would get me to buy S3 now, would be if they added Bathurst track. Other than that, as far as I'm concerned; its dead.

Venus
What are you on about? What dollars have to do with anything?? HL's are always removed when physics changes...
#5 - bbman
Just two whiners who can't handle change (adaption is really hard it seems)...

Nothing to see, just move along people...
#6 - Venus
Actually, HL's were not reset in the last 3 patches (excluding Patch Y).
Quote from Venus :Actually, HL's were not reset in the last 3 patches (excluding Patch Y).

Maybe because there were no physics changes? .. :margesimp
just live with it patch y made the game better if u dont like it go and play mario kart
Sorry to bump, but I'm not understanding what the issue is.

Hotlaps have never been claimed to be "forever" and have always been wiped once the physics engine has changed. The reason that they are not wiped so often is because of the hotlappers. Many members of the community actually resent this as they feel that it hinders the development and the improvement of LFS.

Quite frankly, if you can come up with a good and reasonable solution to allow 2 different physics engines to compete, then please suggest it. However, I very much doubt that you can.

Considering your join date is listed as April last year, I can understand where this problem has come from, because you've simply not been around long enough to witness a hotlap wipe.

However, everything is plastered on LFS with a "this is a work in progress, not a finished product" notice, meaning that you should never consider anything stable. Whilst you might be ****ed off about this, and that you may feel it is a cop out, it is the reality.

Simply put, you cannot have old hotlaps, which use a different set of mathematical calculations to run properly, competing against hotlaps which use the latest mathematical calculations. It just simply isn't fair.

With regards to the number of populated online servers available, I still don't see why this is the fault of a physics change. Surely it's more of an issue with the time of year and the amount of time that people have to play. In many parts of the world it is currently exam time, and not to mention it's a school period. During the summer things will pick up.
What if, your wife is a guy? You have to live with it (the changes).

I don't know what you are talking about, I'm more in racing now since patch Y was released. It gives more realism now. Altough patch Y is released a while now, but why complain now?

If you want a great deal with your money then buy NFS! They give you the real DEAL!!!!11!!
I completely understand why they reseted hotlapping. Wouldn't it be worse if no one EVER can beat old WR's, because advanced physics don't allow that kind of lap times?

Hotlaps 4eva vs new (=better) physics. You already know what I would vote (Never even tried hotlapping, in matter of fact. Not my cup of tea).
Same here, Never clicked on Hotlapping

Real racing = mroe fun. dot .
Quote from Marcus56 :I LOVE car racing simulations, it's THE BEST FUN, LFS has the best race cars, tracks and physics i'v ever seen, (it tested ones ability in car racing). I'v been playing car racing simulations for many years and LFS is the best of the bunch. The fastest driver with the best times is "A WINNER", but now LFS has changed the rules of play (moved the goal post to where ever THEY put them and still play the game?), NO PEOPLE. the only thing i have to say is "change the the rules in the middle of the game and lose the PAYING CUSTOMER" it's not a good way to do business people, at any time. The player pays REAL MONEY to play this game, but no, to play this game you have to play by the rules that are set by the people who receive your money. Isn't the customer always right?. Players/Customers enjoys doing the best they can, or is it, you can play the game and if the rules change you still have to "PAY TO PLAY!", WELL NO. WE CAN SAY NO PEOPLE, and watch the game and it's programmers go down in history. Since the latest patch "Y" the game has gone down from about 3 pages of occupied servers to about half a page of occupied servers. that's about a 75% LOSS IN BUSINESS, way to go LFS, so is that the way you send a business down the tube?. Many people have spent a grate deal of time and money trying to be the best (IN THE WORLD) only to have the programmers change the rules and wipe all records of their achievements for no more $$$$. So is it? (PEOPLE DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE SPENT YOUR MONEY AND THE LAST YEAR OR SO TRYING TO GET A WORLD RECORD, WE JUST CHANGED THE RULES FOR THE GLIMMER OF THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR FOR HERE AND NOW)

Am I the only one finding it hard to pinpoint Marcus56's point in all of this?
There was a point?
I haven't played much since version Y came out but I think that's more coincidence than anything else. Maybe not though - maybe I subconsciously don't like it.
I've noticed that the quality of pickup races and number of crowded servers (at least the ones running cars that I like to race with) have both improved from patch V to Y. Also the goal of LFS devs is to create a realistic racing sim, which obviously requires changing the game every now and then. And since you have bought the game, you must also have agreed the end-user license agreement, which says:
"1.4. You must be aware that we can alter any aspect of LFS as we see fit. Improvements, fixes and/or changes made to the game, are to be expected."

Any rant with good arguments would be ok, but pointless CAPS LOCK WHINING and STUPID BUSINESS BS sounds like a 13-year-old hotlapper being bitter because he no longer can get a WR...
Quote from Marcus56 :I LOVE THE BEST FUN, LFS. LFS A WINNER. LFS THEY NO PEOPLE PAYING CUSTOMER REAL MONEY PAY TO PLAY! WELL NO. WE CAN SAY NO PEOPLE LOSS IN BUSINESS LFS IN THE WORLD $$$$. PEOPLE DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE SPENT YOUR MONEY AND THE LAST YEAR OR SO TRYING TO GET A WORLD RECORD, WE JUST CHANGED THE RULES FOR THE GLIMMER OF THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR FOR HERE AND NOW

Maybe that is his point. Took out all the babble that wasn't in CAPS and tried to put in some punctuation.

Do you know anything about racing?
Do you think that Formula 1 still has the same cars and rules it did 50 years ago? How about Rally? DTM? LeMans? Touring car series like the BTCC?

And for the record, I don't think they changed the game so that they'd get more shiny dollars. They changed it to be more accurate.
His main issue is the changes to the Fox on As2 which is where he used to love racing. We're all aware of the detrimental effect those changes have made to racing the fox on as2. He loved that car/track n now is seriously peed off about it... personally, so am I. lol

I'm a mate of Marcus, n that's his and I have to say my issue also. Oh well,... nothing will change... which is why I don't use lfs anymore.
So development of the game should stop because you want to keep getting personal records? What happens when the tyre model is changed? What happens when all of the currently missing features are introduced?

Seems to me this is just another person complaining that patch Y has explosed their flawed driving for what it is.

I'll concede the point about the lack of servers, but that's always been the case. I like the TBO class and I don't like AS3. Where can I race them? Probably nowhere.
That's not the devs fault, that's the fault of people running the servers.
The FOX is fine. Once you change your gear ratios to suit. Was the easiest car in the game, and remains so to this day (with the possible exception of the FBMW).
Quote from Venus :His main issue is the changes to the Fox on As2 which is where he used to love racing. We're all aware of the detrimental effect those changes have made to racing the fox on as2. He loved that car/track n now is seriously peed off about it... personally, so am I. lol

I'm a mate of Marcus, n that's his and I have to say my issue also. Oh well,... nothing will change... which is why I don't use lfs anymore.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out...
Quote from AndroidXP :There was a point?

I think you should get funniest forum personality

For some reason that made me laugh

Quote from bbman :Don't let the door hit you on your way out...

Ouch - Wouldn't want that happening
Quote from bbman :Just two whiners who can't handle change (adaption is really hard it seems)...

Nothing to see, just move along people...

Adapting is the key to all motor racing... Some people just don't have it. I'll agree that the LFS community has stopped growing somewhat since the new patch but IMO the reason for this is not the new patch. There are quite a few racing simulators coming out that far exceed the quality LFS's sounds, graphics, and modeling. Also the devs won't give out the information needed to mod the game... LFS is the king of physics, but other than that, theres not much worth talking about.

Don't worry though, there is nothing even close to LFS's physics, so you'll see me around for years to come.
Quote from AndroidXP :There was a point?

Quote from Marcus56 :I LOVE car racing simulations, it's THE BEST FUN, LFS has the best race cars, tracks and physics i'v ever seen, (it tested ones ability in car racing). I'v been playing car racing simulations ...

Highlighted just for you

I think there was another one but I fell asleep before I managed to find it...
Ohhh :magnify:

Well to be honest, I put about as much effort into deciphering his post as he put into writing it.

Y Patch [Rant]
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG