The online racing simulator
Quote from AndroidXP :j/k, sometimes it's best to leave LFS for a while and then come back and see what you were missing all the time.

I just did that with RBR like I've done several times before. I played RBR for two months but the first time I didn't get that "ah, I didn't remember how good LFS was" feeling. The grip issues and the sounds feels (correction: sounds sounds) worse than ever, but of course I'll get used to it...
Well, it's your own fault if you take the only *other* sim that is comparable to LFS. From my experience RBR has by far the best FF besides LFS, so taking that as a "chill out" from LFS is a really bad idea
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, it's your own fault if you take the only *other* sim that is comparable to LFS. From my experience RBR has by far the best FF besides LFS, so taking that as a "chill out" from LFS is a really bad idea

You are right
I can't race properly in rfactor unless I turn the steering dampening/acceleration off. LFS has gotten me too used to fully proportional steering.
I find it difficult to get into rFactor. It's so hard to tell what the car is doing in rF through the wheel. The FF effects in rF just don't seem to give much indication on what the car is doing. Also the steering lag annoys me so much when trying to catch the car quickly. I still think LFS has the upper hand on the physics side just because of the FF and also the amount you can change on the setups in LFS is a big plus towards simulation.

Keiran
Quote from the_angry_angel :LFS rocks.

End of thread.

ERROR: Posting beyond end of thread.

[Abort] [Retry] [Ignore]
Quote from tristancliffe :
5) GT4 is made for 12 year olds and is designed to be fun with a gamepad. The single purpose of GT4 is to make money, not recreate real life. If it was realistic, it would be unplayable with a pad (and I can drive it with no aids on).

Haha, that is very true. I tried playing GT4 with my DFP and there is no feel whatsoever. The cars almost seem to "float" on the track at times, if that makes sense

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG