The online racing simulator
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel - Vista Compatible?
Had a dig around on the net but couldn't find much. Does anyone have one of these working on Vista?
I had it working on my laptop! I didnt even needed to install drivers from cd! I had the Red-Edition ^^
USB or gameport version? I got working the gameport version, but FF don't work
Thinking of buying a USB edition.

eight8acht - Was yours USB? Ddid your force feedback work?
Quote from Nick A :Thinking of buying a USB edition.

eight8acht - Was yours USB? Ddid your force feedback work?

Oops forgot to say that i used the USB one and yes the FF worked good!
Thanks By the way what is the difference between the red one and the black one? Just want to be sure the black one will work OK with Vista too.
Quote from Kniebeejs :USB or gameport version? I got working the gameport version, but FF don't work

how did you get the gameport to work on vista?
thx too bad it wont help me with my gameport on windows xp x64
sorry. Didn't check the link
the driver actually seems to work
trouble is the ui extension to get the "add" button back in control panel => game controllers doesnt
look
Attached images
gameport.jpg
yeah it seems to work fine in vista but under xp 64 this is what i get
Attached images
controllers.JPG
Quote from Nick A :Thanks By the way what is the difference between the red one and the black one? Just want to be sure the black one will work OK with Vista too.

There's no diffrence Just red decal!
Quote from eight8acht :I had it working on my laptop! I didnt even needed to install drivers from cd! I had the Red-Edition ^^

I installed yesterday the vista 64-bit on my computer.

I could get it detected without the drivers, but windows won't let me adjust the spring force from force feedback (that for LFS and other simulator needs to be disabled in order to work properly).

Once I installed the controller drivers (version 4.0 that I used on win xp 32 bit), it stopped to communicate with the computer (if I plug it on usb port, I even hear the sound indicating like you've plugged a broken or invalid device and it don't appear even on device manager. I suppose that it may be due to the software being made for 32-bit and the OS is 64-bit

Any tips ?

[edit]

I did additional tests, and with the original vista 64 drivers the wheel turns off the spring force (to return to the center) correctly and the forces on LFS are correctly applied, although not adjustable under windows control panel. Let's see if it continues working properly
I cant get my wheel working??
Hi, i read your posts and tried the site but my laptop doesnt recognise my force feedback sidewinder pro usb wheel. I dont know what to do next, and i tried everything my head could think of. Im using windows Vista 32.
Can anybody help me to fix this problem?
-
(vari) DELETED by vari

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG