The online racing simulator
How about a FULL VERSION?
(33 posts, closed, started )
hey guys,
first of all i wanted to ask about the final version of lfs. i just read that S2 came out in January 2005. don`t get me wrong i`m a big fan of lfs and i love to play it but all the users payed for it and it`s still a alpha version. Can we count on something like a full version? and why do it takes so long? i know that programming and so on is not easy and it takes it time but it`s after all a bugy game. only see the FO8 on the oval. high nose? please!! i know that you will release a physic patch and so on and on but we all payed for a full version. like i sayed don`t get me wrong that i want to piss someone off or hold the gun on the chest but hmm....you know!? when i see the servers on lfs they are that empty like they never were before! all the games like gt legends or gtr or soon gtr 2 or gt4 get`s the players away from lfs and in my oppinion that`s not good. no, let me say it`s damn bad! the more players go the more players will follow!

just let me say that you guys did a very good job in developing such a game! it`s so much fun to go for it still after now i think nearly 7 mounth of playing. i really hope that you guys do something that it gets more realistic and more fun to play like it still is now to do!

let me end this with two thinks.
first: thanks for developing
secound: HURY!! Wink

till then
greetings

Ecret
Am I experiencing deja vu all over again?!?!?!?Shrug

I could've sworn I saw these questions last month. And the month before that. And the month before that.

As much as I'd like to say "let this be the last time I have to say this..." I know it won't be.

But trust me...they're working on it. They will knock our socks off. All that we ask will be granted us. Life will be beautiful.
hmmm Im sure ive seen something like this somewhere before, cant quite place it tho...

I dont think they will or should "hurry" with development, yes its got its problems but to be totally honest, I for one am totally happy with LFS and its development speed.
i know that i`m not the only one who asked that questions and yes i`m no big fan of forums or something like that (what you can see on the amount of my posts) so like over it. more racing less writing! haha Big grin

i`m sure that they do something for lfs. i just looked on the servers of lfs and my bad dreams came true. 74 racers online! only i have to say! look on the amount of empty servers! that was what brought me the this questions and like i sayed i don`t want to press the gun to the chest! i just see that more and more players leaf the game and switch to another.

btw. overlook my english please! Big grin

Ecret
KILL IT! Kill it NOW before it's too late!
Quote from Ecret666 :hey guys,
first of all i wanted to ask about the final version of lfs. i just read that S2 came out in January 2005.

No, june 2005.

Yes we have payed for the full S2 alpha but it won't cost anymore when the S2 final is released. Of course there's no guarantee that ever comes but I wouldn't doubt that. The question is when it comes.

To say it literally LFS will not be "full" until S3 Final comes. Smile

Quote :and so on is not easy and it takes it time but it`s after all a buggy game.

I would say many retail games are way more buggy than LFS in alpha stage. LFS is just incomplete not exceptionally buggy.

Quote from Ecret666 :i`m sure that they do something for lfs. i just looked on the servers of lfs and my bad dreams came true. 74 racers online! only i have to say! look on the amount of empty servers! that was what brought me the this questions and like i sayed i don`t want to press the gun to the chest! i just see that more and more players leaf the game and switch to another.

Look other games. Player situation in rFactor is even worse. And highest player peek in LFS is late night in European time. The player situation is worse for Yankees. And you don't have to look at the empty servers, just turn "show empty servers option off. Smile
Sheesh I just don't get it??? What more could you want? So there is all of one bug. The Formula nose? Oh yeah and the engine sounds (I actually Like them). The Online is tops, InSim awesome, and the community none better.

You'd blow more Euros in the first hour at the local Tavern. Quit yer whinin' Lad and grab yer wheel and RACE Smile It's all Good!

V
Quote from deggis :LFS is just incomplete not exceptionally buggy.

Signed. Thumbs up
Quote :we all payed for a full version

Actually we payed for the alpha version. We knew that we were paying for the alpha version so we could play S2 in its current stage and wait for patches and the full release. Would you rather the devs not even release this alpha stage? Then we'd all still be playing S1 and surely you don't want that compared to what we have now.
you already have the full version. but that's not the final version of S2.

and the sound synthsizer is not buggy. it just needs more work.
Quote from NetDemon01 :Actually we payed for the alpha version.

I don't agree with that : we paid for the full S2 version, and we have the S2 Alpha ATM.
I'm pointing that out cause it can be misunderstood : there will be no extra-charge for the S2 Full version.

Quote from Hallen :KILL IT! Kill it NOW before it's too late!

Thumbs up You know, it's really a hard work Big grin
Quote from Ecret666 :i just looked on the servers of lfs and my bad dreams came true. 74 racers online! only i have to say! look on the amount of empty servers!

And time of posting 05:20 (GMT+3), who plays that time of the night? I was sleeping Schwitz
And honestly I must say that puplic servers are crap, restart, restart, restart, 1½ lap, restart. Closed and longer races are the fun of LFS
Quote from Blackout :And time of posting 05:20 (GMT+3), who plays that time of the night? I was sleeping Schwitz
And honestly I must say that puplic servers are crap, restart, restart, restart, 1½ lap, restart. Closed and longer races are the fun of LFS

:iagree:

organised races always provide the best competition.
Quote from Blackout :And time of posting 05:20 (GMT+3), who plays that time of the night? I was sleeping Schwitz

That's a bit too exaggerated. Big grin
about the players. it`s not that i just looked on the servers at this time. you can look on them all the day! they getting empty and that is a fact!

@mosquito25: you are right! we payed for the full OR like other sayed final version!

@Z06Vette: `do you want me to talk about all bugs in the game? that was just an example!

You'd blow more Euros in the first hour at the local Tavern. Quit yer whinin' Lad and grab yer wheel and RACE Smile It's all Good!

btw. i don`t go into taverns cauze i don`t drink alcohole! Thumbs up

and just one thing. if you look on the OFFIZIAL site of lfs they say it came out on 25th January 2005. i don`t think that they just make such thinks in the site when it wouldn`t be true.

so have a good one and see ya on track!

greets
Ecret
Uhmm:

Quote from LiveforSpeed.net Frontpage :
added sat, Jun. 25th, 2005 20:00
>Live for Speed S2 has been released

To be more precise : Jun. is the short for June, not January Wink
Err wanst that the date that we got s2 alpha? Uhmm
Yes, that's the S2 Alpha release date
If you think LFS servers are empty then take a look at rF etc. Now thats what I call empty. I've managed to have some good races the last few nights so don't know where your looking :s

I count 60 on rFactor, 546 on LFS. So I think your exagerating a bit on the empty servers Wink Not sure about GTL because it doesn't have any way of tracking it as far as I'm aware.

Keiran
If you have paid for S2 anytime in the past from today, then you have paid for S2 Alpha. It says it is S2 Alpha, so that is what you paid for. If you didn't want to pay for S2 Alpha and wanted to pay for the Final version, then you shouldn't have paid yet!!!!! S2 Final hasn't been released yet and it states that it is alpha, so you couldn't have paid for Final yet.
I paid for S2 before we knew there was gonna be an alpha version. I think the version naming is the problem behind the moaning. I bet that if S2 was released as S2 and not S2 Alpha, with the proviso that it still had a few bugs in it to be fixed throughout S2's life , then there would be a hell of a lot less threads about not getting what you paid for.

If patch R is released as final, with a little note saying "As ever with LFS there may be bugs which will be fixed thoughout it's development" then everyone can be happy.

As it is we have an alpha version, and so people for some reason think they've got less for their money. I suppose it's psycological Shrug
#23 - Vain
I think the moaning is because:
1. People notice there are bugs.
2. People check the forums to see wether other people suffer from these bugs. They do.
3. People want to have the bugs fixed.
4. People check the forums to see wether work is being done, but they find no indication.
5. People want to know why the devs maintain radio-silence.

Vain
Quote :4. People check the forums to see wether work is being done, but they find no indication.
5. People want to know why the devs maintain radio-silence.

these 2 reasons are what made me start to complain in this forum, and I believe that a lot of ppl that complain here is due to these 2 reasons.
Hmmmmm... I believe it's not only the crazy brazilians the ones complaining....
This thread is closed

(33 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG