The online racing simulator
Folders in Setup Screen
(16 posts, started )
Folders in Setup Screen
Like the title, Folders of the setups.
For each track for example, because when practicing for a race, usually you gather or test several setups, like 5-7 (in my case). Anyway, so you dont have a mess, why not organize them in folders.
Blackwood: bl1racexxxx, bl1qualyset.inferno., etc
and so on
Good suggestion. Would help me a lot, too.
+1 from me.
#3 - xtm
Absolutly +1, i'm in the stage right now, where im still looking for that perfect setup, and mine are a mess. Good idea!
Nice idea mate
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Indeed.... and comments (suggested elsewhere too).
Quote from r4ptor :Indeed.... and comments (suggested elsewhere too).

i did a search... didnt came with a thread.. neither in the log
would be a great idea to sort!
Definetly +1 from me too.
Other than folders a simple filter selecting certains just for the current track would be good too.

Cheers
Suggesting tens of times before over the last few years. Still a +1 from me though.
Great Idea +1 I'd love to see the setup screen more organized
While we are at it, the 16-character limit on skin/setup names needs to go.
I'v got quick workaround, for setups in folders.

Make a program like FlipCams, which will cycle through the setups folders after pressing a hotkey.
  • You will have to click on setup order after swapping the folder to reload the setup list
  • When you do some setup changes, then cycle one folder ahead, then select other setup; old setup will be autosaved into new folder
  • You will have to name the setups like CAR_TRK_name.set, because it will give you the possibility to see which folder you are using
I don't want folders. I hated it in GPL, I hated it in Nascar2003, I hate it in rF. It is awkward to try to find a good setup when you have mroe than handful tracks. Especially trying to find that one peculiar setup is just a pita when you need to go through dozens of setup folders... downloading setups won't be the same anymore. Every time you need to find the right location. I think it just sucks .

Maybe it might be 1% better with LFS since we have got so few track environments but then again it all boils down to the way you have named your setup.

Imho scrap this folder idea and implement proper filtering options and a small notepad into the setup screen.

To be honest. I don't like folders in setups, neither. It was only suggestions for people want to have some folders.
For me naming like CAR_TRK_setup.set, with filtering for track switch should be enough.
+1 for folders and/or filtering

Lately I have been using only one all around setup per car. It has helped me be consistent.

Folders in Setup Screen
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG