The online racing simulator
Some track specificly for drifting
(48 posts, closed, started )
Quote from rotarydream :you dont need a track for drifting, since you can drift on any track. just a specifc mode to get points for style without going off track.

preferably something curvy without much straights.

thats what i meant
Quote from drifter92 :whats ur problem hater if u have nothing to say about the topic just keep ur comments to urself.Does it make u feel smart talking shit?

Shh, you're making drifters an Americans look stupid. Please stop.
Quote from luftrofl :Shh, you're making drifters an Americans look stupid. Please stop.

me making americans look stupid?ur the 1 saying that comment u should have just not said anything and im not white so i dont care
Quote from drifter92 :me making americans look stupid?ur the 1 saying that comment u should have just not said anything and im not white so i dont care

Yep, there's a lot of anti-American sentiment about and people like you cause it.

Don't tell me that somebody isn't American because they're not white. Do you even know who Barack Obama is? I strongly suggest that you lose that idiotic attitude or GTFO, thanks.
Quote from drifter92 :the lfs drifting comunity is growing so i would like some tracks for us.

The fact that you demand this as if you are the center of the universe and we all serve you, doesn't make it any more likely for you to get reasonable or respectful answers.
Quote from luftrofl :Yep, there's a lot of anti-American sentiment about and people like you cause it.

Don't tell me that somebody isn't American because they're not white. Do you even know who Barack Obama is? I strongly suggest that you lose that idiotic attitude or GTFO, thanks.

americans arent only people from the US,Mexicans,central americans, and south americans r Americans too so u GTFO.
Quote from drifter92 :me making americans look stupid?ur the 1 saying that comment u should have just not said anything and im not white so i dont care

It's idiots like you who make every single American look dumb and typing like that? What are you 14? no offense but try to get your impression right and as for your request? Like lfsnoob said Why do we need more tracks anyway? take car, approach a corner like a racing driver instead of gripping power slide. Why do you need tracks for that to make the motor sport "feel" special? Drifters take exactly same racing line as race drivers do......
Quote from drifter92 :americans arent only people from the US,Mexicans,central americans, and south americans r Americans too so u GTFO.

Sorry, but the term "American" refers almost exclusively to a citizen of the United States of America in English as well as every other language that I've encountered.
I just wanted to post a thread about drifting, this was the first thing that came up. I just wanted to know what people thought about this subject, now people r trying to insult me and its anoying. Just give ur f***ing opinion without insults plz. I'm sorry if I said something that insulted any of u, unless u had it coming j/k :P. Sorry for the title just wanted to post something real quick,didnt have time to think about a good title or subject.
Quote from luftrofl :Sorry, but the term "American" refers almost exclusively to a citizen of the United States of America in English as well as every other language that I've encountered.

no it doesnt thats just stereotism
That's just waste of post counts for you in this thread and P.S I am from south east Asia (look it up its a small dot right of India) I consider myself an American.

EDIT: calm down luftrofl You are getting mad for the wrong causes. Don't want to get banned that's just for the wrong things

EDIT:-2 Drifters aren't takes seriously in sim racing because it's the way people ask the questions(mostly asked in a humorous and childish manner). If you are serious and prove a valid point and even god cant stop you from speaking your mind (take that advice for the future threads) Cheers
Quote from anik360 :It's idiots like you who make every single American look dumb and typing like that? What are you 14? no offense but try to get your impression right and as for your request? Like lfsnoob said Why do we need more tracks anyway? take car, approach a corner like a racing driver instead of gripping power slide. Why do you need tracks for that to make the motor sport "feel" special? Drifters take exactly same racing line as race drivers do......

anoying people like u shouldnt say s**t. Stop flameing my thread!
Quote from anik360 :That's just waste of post counts for you in this thread and P.S I am from south east Asia (look it up its a small dot right of India) I consider myself an American.

EDIT: calm down luftrofl You are getting mad for the wrong causes. Don't want to get banned that's just for the wrong things

whats ur point, I never said anything about not considering someone an "American".
Quote from drifter92 :no it doesnt thats just stereotism

What the hell is a sterotism? Do you mean stereotype?

For the record, I'm not making a judgement on the character or capabilities of anybody by not including them in my definition of "American." Any sense of superiority is purely based on unequal distribution of resources. If anything, I think Americans are getting weaker and weaker and could prove to be weaker when the playing field is leveled.

edit:
You said "im not white so i dont care" when talking about the bad rap that you're giving Americans.
Quote from luftrofl :What the hell is a sterotism? Do you mean stereotype?

For the record, I'm not making a judgement on the character or capabilities of anybody by not including them in my definition of "American." Any sense of superiority is purely based on unequal distribution of resources. If anything, I think Americans are getting weaker and weaker and could prove to be weaker when the playing field is leveled.

edit:
You said "im not white so i dont care" when talking about the bad rap that you're giving Americans.

u should be more clear about ur main point.
My gosh drifter92, sit back and read this thread in its entirety, you should be able to see why people are responding in the way they are.

I've been grip racing since I was 20 and drifting since I was about 26, and i'm now 32. I've competed in championships and had some pretty good experience on all sorts of surfaces. I have to say by far that the high speeds of tracks like Silverstone and Snetterton are the best tracks i've ever drifted... and they sure were not built for drifting, ask Sterling Moss

Here is a quick video which I edited from a DVD. I'm driving the pink Nissan. It's at Snetterton in the UK, that top bend was a 110mph, 4th gear, hand brake yank and pray drift... loved it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1195369569770518069

And this is a practice session at Silverstone on one of their big flat tarmac areas.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6475997310120561538

Both of these could easily be recreated in LFS. LFS has some awesome tracks for high speed drifts, there are some areas with decent 3rd gear transitions as well.

drifter92, go spend more time practicing than posting, you'll feel life is much more rewarding.
Quote from yeager :My gosh drifter92, sit back and read this thread in its entirety, you should be able to see why people are responding in the way they are.

I've been grip racing since I was 20 and drifting since I was about 26, and i'm now 32. I've competed in championships and had some pretty good experience on all sorts of surfaces. I have to say by far that the high speeds of tracks like Silverstone and Snetterton are the best tracks i've ever drifted... and they sure were not built for drifting, ask Sterling Moss

Here is a quick video which I edited from a DVD. I'm driving the pink Nissan. It's at Snetterton in the UK, that top bend was a 110mph, 4th gear, hand brake yank and pray drift... loved it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1195369569770518069

And this is a practice session at Silverstone on one of their big flat tarmac areas.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6475997310120561538

Both of these could easily be recreated in LFS. LFS has some awesome tracks for high speed drifts, there are some areas with decent 3rd gear transitions as well.

drifter92, go spend more time practicing than posting, you'll feel life is much more rewarding.

I agree with everything u said, and like i said "I just wanted to post something about drifting" but everyone is attacking me so i attack back.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :The fact that you demand this as if you are the center of the universe and we all serve you, doesn't make it any more likely for you to get reasonable or respectful answers.

I'm not really demanding it, its just a suggestion.And why shouldnt i get a respectful answer
Quote from drifter92 :I'm not really demanding it, its just a suggestion.And why shouldnt i get a respectful answer

Because you didn't "suggest" it in a respectful manner.

Anyway - like you said - let's end the argument. I think that with the number of tracks in LFS, if you take the time to go through all the different layouts, SURELY there should be a few that suit your drifting needs? You have to remember that drifting is not what the developers of this game are catering towards, which means it's very unlikely that you get a "drifting track" anytime soon.
Quote from drifter92 :
[ snip ]

And why shouldnt i get a respectful answer

The answer's in both your nickname and your topic

Also looks like I was pretty close with my original response. Amazing how many of you skidders want to be taken seriously, yet 95% of you post like you have and, well, pretty much make yourself come across as a twat.. how the hell is anyone going to take people seriously with that kind of IQ 'nd typn lk dis'.

Regards,

Ian
I'll close the thread because we are getting reported posts and I think all that needs to be said has been said.

Anyway the thread is mostly off topic and not really needed.

I think the autocross editor can be used to make drifting layouts.
This thread is closed

Some track specificly for drifting
(48 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG