The online racing simulator
What game got you into racing?
(144 posts, started )
I played loads of the older games but the one that really got me into it was Viper Racing by MGI... Great game with great physics and very fun even with just 1 car... I still play it once in a while, although LFS has (obviously) taken over as my racing simulator.
I have been a race fan since birth, but the oldest game I can remember are Accolade Grand Prix, GP500 II and Toyota Celica Rally (I dont know what it was exactly called).

I must have been around 2 years old when I played that!
Im sad to say It was Need For Speed that got me into racing (IM NOT A :riceboy

NFSU was the first game I got on PS2, followed by NFSU2, then NFSMW, Then GT4 (thank god) and finally LFS

(yes, I didn't know how unrealistic NFS is back then)

My NFS days are over
pole position for the atari, and rad racer for the NES.
It wasn't a game that got me into racing. I was just born with it, even though my parents know nothing about motorsports or anything related to automobiles.
Quote from wark :Accolade's 1988 GP Circuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiTWIDbD8Q4

Still have the music stuck in my head.

The same, that was what got me addicted to the genre (though there had been others before). My gaming 'career' started at a surprisingly early age of 3, and by the time Geoff Crammond's F1GP came long... I was long sold on racing
Quote from spanks :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTNl1CGHUbc

oh man

I remember it looking so much better than this :O

I was very young and very terrible

Rofl, I played the Nascar version of that game. It was awesome for the time, I really loved it (Only for crasing the AI cars, but oh well).
Quote from sgt.flippy :Rofl, I played the Nascar version of that game. It was awesome for the time, I really loved it (Only for crasing the AI cars, but oh well).

Ahahaha, man...thats all I'd do too. Get to qualifying and start driving backwards and watch the car parts go everywhere
I really started to like it with NFS and TOCA 1/2 touring car
atari pole position in the arcade,awsome!!!!! i think i saw i again recently,it looked terrible but i was desperate to have a go again!!
Quote from wark :Accolade's 1988 GP Circuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiTWIDbD8Q4

Still have the music stuck in my head.

WOW! I used to play this game... I found a bug in it... you pick manual transmission with A and Z for upshift/downshift..... when you shift on 1st gear you hold the A button all the time... and you release it for a fraction of a second from time to time, it give you a boost in speed like if you were in first gear you could go really quick to over 300 mph with engine idleing as I can remember.... but don't forget to brake before the curve because if you touch the grass, the engine will kick in even if you hole the A button!!
option video, wrc replay
Accolade's 1988 GP Circuit was my first racing game i played on my grandma's old computer dunno what the specs where but it had those big disks not the 3,5"
I'd say mario kart on the N64
I the track that did it was Spa for me, but Monaco kept coming back.

I then raced Formula 1 1997 for the PS1, and that really got me into racing games.
First racing game for me was "The Need for Speed" on PS1. It might have been a little too realistic for those standard controllers, though, so my enjoyment was limited.

GT1 on PS1 was what really got me into racing games. I still remember how me and my buddies were blown away by the intro back then. And driving the MR2 in full race-spec with the neGcon-controller and beating all those bigger much powerful cars was huge fun.
gp2 for me

What game got you into racing?
(144 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG