The online racing simulator
Where To Get The LFS NOS MOD....??
(77 posts, closed, started )
Quote from atlantian :oh, cool, i was right about the uses of nitrate!

I can't seem to find the horticulture-related post that corroborates this claim.
Quote from tristancliffe :Nitrate? That's something else altogether!

oh, whoops, i ment nitrous, lol, i was thinking about NO2 not N2O
Isn't 'Nitrate' NO3? NO2 is Nitrogen Dioxide, which is a potentially harmful emission of IC engines.
Ssh a minute i asked my science teacher and she said

Quote :Originally posted by my Science teacher in words
The correct formula for nitrous oxide is NOx but it depends on what you use it for e.g in a car it would be know as N2O but for dental use it's know as NOx

dunno about the dental use part thats made up.
N20 is Nitrous Oxide.
NOx is a general term for Nitrogen Oxides, which can be NO, NO2, NO3 etc. The x means 'a range of numbers'.

Get your science teacher sacked
Quote from atlantian :oh, cool, i was right about the uses of nitrate!

Sure! Let's inject fertilizer in our engines!
yeah, i was wrong about the term, but i was right that it is used primerily to densify operations, for a more powerful bang
Densify? More powerful bang? Seriously, quit whilst you're not that far behind, otherwise you'll look silly.
And you spelt primarily wrong
Quote from tristancliffe :Densify? More powerful bang? Seriously, quit whilst you're not that far behind, otherwise you'll look silly.

i thought that you agree'd... that you get a denser fuel and air intake, you cram more molecules in the engine, the more violent the explosion, right?

like, how turbos work..
Erm, no, I didn't quite say that. And it's nothing like turbos work. Cor Blimey guv'nor and other quaint English utterations.
-
(dougie-lampkin) DELETED by dougie-lampkin : no need...
im not saying that it uses any turbines or anything... i thought you said:
nitrous cools down and densify the proccess.
and that the oxidation effect is invenerable
N2O acts as a charge cooler, reducing combustion temperatures, allowing the combustion to be completed more efficiently (or words to that effect). It doesn't make stuff denser (in real terms).

Densifier isn't a real word
I'm not sure what invenerable means, or how it applies to oxidation. But I think you made it up too.
oh, i think you are refering to water/methonal injection...
with the lowering of temprature to make the engine more stable, and raise the octain level...

btw, i ment that the oxidating effect of nitous is not even that noticable, and should not even be considered anything that mattered. more so, in your words, "negligible"
Quote :
The additional oxygen is only a small part of the process. Negligible in fact.

it's what you said
All I know is,

Press a button to gain more speed whitch is useless in corners. I'm sorry. I fail at these things...
Quote from Takumi_lfs :All I know is,

Press a button to gain more speed whitch is useless in corners. I'm sorry. I fail at these things...

well, it's the cheapest form of massive boost... but, nitrous is usually connected to the throttle...
instead of making these useless posts,(because obiously, there isnt or will be a NOS mod) - and just let this thread die?

thx
Quote from Dennis Lind// My 3 id Gaming :did u see my very harsh post ?

Quote from atlantian :oh, i think you are refering to water/methonal injection...
with the lowering of temprature to make the engine more stable, and raise the octain level...

btw, i ment that the oxidating effect of nitous is not even that noticable, and should not even be considered anything that mattered. more so, in your words, "negligible"

it's what you said

No, I'm not referring to water or methanol injection, though again the effect is charge cooling, either via latent heat of vapourisation or through specific heat capacity.

It has no effect on the octane level, which is something defined by the fuel (and additives). I suspect you don't know what octane is.

The additional oxygen present in N2O doesn't have an 'oxidating effect'. Admittedly the combustion is a oxidization process, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you were referring to as you don't seem to understand what goes on in a combustion chamber.

Quote from atlantian :well, it's the cheapest form of massive boost... but, nitrous is usually connected to the throttle...

No, it's an expensive way of slight boost until you've done LOADS of work to your engine. Then it's an expensive way of getting a large but very short term boost. And it's not connected to the throttle as such, but a switch (although I admit that switch can be fired at WOT).
Quote from TurboLag :Sure! Let's inject fertilizer in our engines!

ROFL! You now owe me a keyboard. I just spat coffee over mine...

Sure your car already runs like sh*t...?

DK
#72 - logx
LOL @topic.... If you want NOS in LFS just press alt+F4...and you fly like a bird....
Does the additional oxygen presented by N2O have much of an effect? Both through the oxygen directly provided by N2O, and through the contracting of fuel (which causes a partial vacuum, which sucks in air)...

Also, about the octane levels, I said that N2O itself is non combustible, so that shouldn't affect the fuel octane rating, correct?

And isn't oxidation what happens when rust forms?
I realized how you can simulate NOS in LFS.

Pay atention, now, as I only tell this once...
Make a mod that doesn't allow 100% throttle (For example, only allows 85% throttle) instead you have pressed -button!!

/thread
Moderator,

Please Lock this thread

There is NO NOS-MOD !
This thread is closed

Where To Get The LFS NOS MOD....??
(77 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG