The online racing simulator
All Tracks - Grills [PIC]
(12 posts, started )
I've noticed that whatever track you race on, you'll always get this bug. You can't see the smoke and the tire threads by the grills, like it wasn't existing.

Pic 1: Everything is fine.

Pic 2: Not more smoke/tire threads.

Pic 3: It also does it to wires.
Hmmm, strange. Even strange how you managed to actually discover the bug, but nevermind hehe.

It`s not one of those ugly bugs that really need to be fixed, but a bug is a bug, better without
#3 - bbman
Has the same reason as why you'll never see any skid marks through the windshield of the FOX or the BF1: There can only be one layer of transparency (without shaders, I suppose), and in your case, that's the holes in the fences and inbetween the wires...
Quote from The Very End :Hmmm, strange. Even strange how you managed to actually discover the bug, but nevermind hehe.

When doing layouts on South City, you will use helicopter view and see the wires bug. For the grill, I was just looking at my replay and noticed my tiny smoke suddendly disapeared from the screen behind it
That because both the fence and the smoke/skidmarks use alpha channels. You can only have one of those under DX7, and the closest one is the fence, so... Until we get a more advanced renderer we're stuck with that. Not a big problem, imo.
this is an very very old bug ..

Espicially on Fe cirquits
mmm i had seen this ...
This has been around since S1 unfortunately. How we discovered is that some of us drift. While taking overhead screenshots, it's obvious and sometimes a tad annoying.
So the only way to fix this will be to update the game from DX7 to a higher one? Better wait til S3 then
i thought LFS was dx8?
I think thats the same "bug" like the smoke you can`t see trough the windshield. Possible it can`t be fixed with the current game engine
But imo it a minor thing...

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG