The online racing simulator
Isn't end for demo drifting
(21 posts, started )
#2 - Danas
nice movie, i like the camera effects, the intro to the movie i think was a little bit too long, but i understand that it was synched to the music...

I would just like to know how you made that camera shaking effect on a couple of your scenes? Is it a plugin or did you do it manually?
Waaaayyyy to laggy, other than that it's nice, but i don't like the music
Quote from Danas :I would just like to know how you made that camera shaking effect on a couple of your scenes?

[NewBlue] plugin
I liked it Pendulum rocks! Noone said that drifting in demo is over They have the XRG, with less power tho..
Quote from hadesko :[NewBlue] plugin

Yeah yeah, but how did you get it? PM if needed.

Nice work overall, I really enjoyed the music and the action. You know it's a real shame, and in my opinion a mistake, to take the XRT off of demo. I couldn't imageine not buying such a great game, but I miss all the drifting demo used to have. Very nice drifting for the XRG... 9/10.
Nice video man, Enjoyed it alot other than the lagging

8/10
#8 - kaynd
I liked it to It’s a nice demonstration that with proper skill you can drift the XRG using more momentum and less power.

As for the lag, i have seen a lot "laggyer" movies and I still liked them

And no this movie doesn't suck... change the discription on youtube.
You don't only underestimate yourself, but also the opinions of those who like it.
#9 - JEP
Cool video, nice skills with the XRG.

bad camera work (Standard cameras are almost better at some points)
the dance included crashing into each other,
music choice is bad and gives you a headache,
drifting is nowhere near the movie making material

i'd say a waste of Sony Vegas, since you're nowhere near using it to half of it's potential

if it was released a year ago it would rock, but if you look around you will find a lot of people who have improved their movies, your's is just "nothing special, just an average video of average demo drifting and lagging"
I think you are too harsh now.
Cameras are not really good but not that bad.
Drifting was ok comparing to what the XRG normally can do.
One year ago it would rock? And now the standards have changed that much?
Sorry man but all have the right to start from somewhere and evolve; they don’t have to be at DoN’s, unoceva, Lynce level to make a decent movie.
Lag is something that we can’t avoid sometimes and music, apart from the sync, is about taste.

Indeed it may be nothing special, apart from the fact that I have never seen XRG’s trying to twindrift in an other movie, put that doesn’t mean it’s bad.
nice vid, i liked the music most, because it reminded me of "Manfred man - Don't kill it carol" (old rock).

so, thx for your music choice, made my evening
Quote from kaynd :I think you are too harsh now.

Not really...
not a single sarcastic line in the review...

if you have any points that make mine (crashing, bad drifting, bad camera work, lagging, music) unfair - let them rip...

by my regular standard of 1 mistake = - 1 point this is a 5/10 video...

and yes, you don't have to be Lynce's level to make a decent video, but this one just doesnt have anything behind those "special effects"(which are basically not applied) except for the FACT that XRG drifting is possible (which every drifter actually knows, which actually means the video could have been replaced by a post in the forum), if it were Brilliant XRG drifting - it would be decent, right now - isn't...

my personal humble opinion
Quote from squidhead :Not really...
not a single sarcastic line in the review...

if you have any points that make mine (crashing, bad drifting, bad camera work, lagging, music) unfair - let them rip...

by my regular standard of 1 mistake = - 1 point this is a 5/10 video...

and yes, you don't have to be Lynce's level to make a decent video, but this one just doesnt have anything behind those "special effects"(which are basically not applied) except for the FACT that XRG drifting is possible (which every drifter actually knows, which actually means the video could have been replaced by a post in the forum), if it were Brilliant XRG drifting - it would be decent, right now - isn't...

my personal humble opinion

im sorry now but COME ON! you say it is constructave critisism, but you just saying ITS WRONG. why not try and say well, this is a bit off, try doing this and it will make it better. THATS CONSTRUCTAVE CRITISISM. ass.
Quote from anbiddulph :im sorry now but COME ON! you say it is constructave critisism, but you just saying ITS WRONG.

every mistake I pointed out is actually discussed for hundreds of times in the "most useless thread ever" - "Making LFS movies".
IF you think I want to repeat something (over and over again) that is written in the first post of the pinned topic - you're sadly mistaken

here is some quotes from that thread's first post

Quote from (SaM) :
Advice
cool movie with lots of cool action

crashing = not cool

showing driving with mistakes = not cool

Quote from (SaM) :
focus on recording the action clearly and in stylish camera positions+movements.

stylish is NOT showing camera slide the asphalt for 5 seconds and then capturing the car's bumper as it drifts away

my advices to you :
1 - stop talking about stuff you don't understand (movie making for example), and don't insult people if your intellectual level is easily overcome by common logic...
2 - stop trying to turn every movie topic into an offtopic debate with me where I will most likely prove you wrong

ass yourself
Quote from squidhead :every mistake I pointed out is actually discussed for hundreds of times in the "most useless thread ever" - "Making LFS movies".
IF you think I want to repeat something (over and over again) that is written in the first post of the pinned topic - you're sadly mistaken

i appreciate that but could you just make your posts a little less harsh? it makes the forum a little bit nicer for everyone, and it stops me shouting at you
Whatever. diferent opinions.

I didn’t see any crashing.
“Bad drifting”, ok you know better, I find it decent… XRG can drift but come on you have to admit that it is not easy to hold the drift for long with an underpowered car…
Bad carera work… I still think it is ok, with mistakes but ok. I have seen way …way worse…
“Laging.” Its something that can’t be avoided always… one of the first nice drift videos you and I have seen (from traction zero) was a lot laggyer…
As for the music I already said it has to do with taste. If the rhythm is no ware near the action, there is a problem but that’s not the case here even if there is not that good synchronization.
imo If there was Brilliant XRG drifting for me it would be something worth downloading in high ress… not just descent.

Anyway I am not willing to change your opinion I know that is not possible and you don’t have to… actually comments like this help video makers improve their skills… if they don’t get so frustrated to quit.
Quote from kaynd :XRG can drift but come on you have to admit that it is not easy to hold the drift for long with an underpowered car…

smoke from tires meant that the tires are massively overheated (over 100 degrees) which makes up for the underpowered factor
easier than normal turbo drifting since no sudden turbo boost, and slower (gives time to think)

I tried drifting a XRG with a normal set with just locked diff and that even looks different...you almost can't enhance angle(if you do you will most probably stop) , while I see this in the vid all the time...

Quote from kaynd :one of the first nice drift videos you and I have seen (from traction zero) was a lot laggyer…

can't argue with that, but it actually had good action, good effects, and great music, which made up for the lags
nice one, smooth(better then me) driving!

i just go pedal to the metal, and crazy rally style neutral slide.
Quote from squidhead :
music choice is bad and gives you a headache,

Liked the music actually... but the car footage/dubbed music combination rarely produces anything that isn't a domination of style over content.

Quote from squidhead :
crashing = not cool

showing driving with mistakes = not cool

Cool is for slick wannabes...
Thanks for all coments
'added HQ download link to first post

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG