The online racing simulator
How to turn on your light?
(16 posts, started )
I use the nightmod, and cant see much of the track, I dont know how to turn on the light on the car...? is it possible?
Yes, but it doesnt do much, other than change a texture. Its H for reference.
Might be H for you if you remapped it, but H is default "chat history" for the chat text. Default for the lights is "G".
Hey, I have to keep up with getting facts wrong

Mis-information is key to keeping the not-so-elite, elite.....
You can also try to press L if you're in a race-prepped car. Atleast you won't be too fast for the corners then

No seriously, you cannot "turn on the lights" because there are no lights. There isn't even night so to say, you just drive around the track with dark textures on. The "lights" we currently have in LFS are nothing more than a texture switch from "unlit" lights to "lit" lights, and they don't emit any real light whatsoever.
Open the door, see if the interior one comes on.
You can use a flashlight.
Strap a torch to your head (hey, a 'head torch'. What a nifty idea. I bet noone ever has thought of that idea. Wheres my patent handbook. this is going to make me rich rich RICH!!) and shine into the moniter whilst racing, see if that illuminates the track sufficiently. I know it helps me whilst I'm walking the dog in the dark. But then I don't do that at a 150mph so it might be a bit useless . . . try it though. Might work for you.
Strap two nests of angry fire flys to the front of your car . . . maybe, just maybe, it might work.
The tension rises, who will win in the ultimate Funnybear vs. Clownpaint wit contest 2006? Call 555-WITMATCH and place your bets and with a bit of luck you'll win a free kick in the crotch.
Who ever wins here, races the victor of the th84 vs. thisnameistaken battle in that other thread!
funnybear wins, because the (angry) fireflies will give an added boost.
Quote from Funnybear :Strap a torch to your head (hey, a 'head torch'. What a nifty idea. I bet noone ever has thought of that idea. Wheres my patent handbook. this is going to make me rich rich RICH!!) and shine into the moniter whilst racing, see if that illuminates the track sufficiently. I know it helps me whilst I'm walking the dog in the dark. But then I don't do that at a 150mph so it might be a bit useless . . . try it though. Might work for you.

Dude, ever heard of mining? :P

I think we need some huge sarcasm tags, as everyone misses it.
I'm a little slow today, sry if I missed some sarcasm..usually it's me who has to deal with misunderstandings due to sarcasm
Oh style, style, stylie. Mate. I laid that one out so wide that even my four year old caught have caught it . . .

Although at first I thought you had said Miming. Made me put a finger in the air, open my mouth and go "?", then I read it again and it was mining that you said. So I donned my helmet, hefted my pickaxe and I'm off do do some prospecting.

Anyway, I being doing some experimentation. I have noticed that my mobile phone gives out a bit of light. So what if you took some pictures of car headlamps with your phone. Then called up said picture and stuck it to the front of your car . . . . you never know until you've tryed it . . Or even, printed out a picture of a car headlamp on full beam and stuck it over the front of your car . . . you could have as many lights as you wanted then . . .

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG