The online racing simulator
Last chance to vote on those polls, I need to get final readings this Saturday so I can keep things progressing forwards.
Bob, hopefully there will be around 5 of us coming up. Maybe more, when do you need final figures?
I don't need final figures for ages. What I will be asking for, come this weekend, is for a smaller group of people to confirm, and pay deposits, so the booking can be made and our day use of the facilities confirmed. Then people who can't confirm right away can confirm later on and pay everything on the day, and I can update the booking as time progresses.
Sorry to be a PITA Bob.. can you throw my name into the 'spectators' category. Not sure if I'll be there afterall, but as a spectator, it won't mess with your plans, whatever I decide

Regards,

Ian
OK, sorry for not sorting this at the weekend, I hardly touched the PC and most of the time was in no state to do so either...

Anyway, the poll results have confirmed three things:
* The event will be held on Saturday 23rd August. Sorry to all those that could not make this date but I must to go with the (potential) majority.
* The plan for the day will be 30 min practise + 30 min qualy ... min race and cost £61.69.
* There is a possibility of 30 mins quad biking, for those interested, if 6 (or more) people of those who confirm are up for it.

So what happens now? I need people to update their status. You have three options:
* Can no longer make it (will add you to the dirty drop outs list)
* Still interested but cannot confirm yet
* Still interested and am ready to confirm (will add you to the confirmed attendees list)

Confirmed attendees must be willing to post me a cheque (or send me money by other means) in the next couple of weeks, that I can forward to the karting center to pay the deposit. The deposit is 50% of the cost (£30.85). Once a minimum number of confirmed attendees has been reached, I will request the cheques from you all and make the booking.

Note if you are confirming, please post if you are interested in the quad biking.

So, ladies and gentlemen, post here to update your status and I'll keep the list up to date.
Crap, thats me out then
Oh well, maybe next time for you Dan.

I've updated the first post with a summary of the info, save people digging through the thread.
Thank you for the confirmed date. I'm still interested but definitely not ready to confirm my attendance yet. I am not particularly interested in the biking of quads.
Quote from Bob Smith :Oh well, maybe next time for you Dan.

I've updated the first post with a summary of the info, save people digging through the thread.

I know, it's mad, one day out of 365 that I definatly can't make it, and the buggers choose that one

Nevermind, maybe next year
me out too
Be sure to take some pictures!

picture's or it didnt happen
Bob, For the moment can you set me as * Still interested but cannot confirm yet

Only reason for that is weather i can get the money to pay deposite, as currently driving lessons is killing my limited money supply
Hi Ben,

I am still interested and am ready to confirm!

Not interested in quad biking though (too many scare stories, I will end up hurting myself badly).

Add me to the confirmed list please!

Tim
@Bob, can you change my "dirty dropout" tag to, "forced into non-attendence through the shear bloody mindedness of the LFS community"
Hi Bob,

Put me down as a definate, the only bad thing about this is I'm having to bring my wife along she doesn't want to race, just coming to make sure that I behave myself I can only presume.

If you PM me your address I can send you a cheque for the deposit mate.

Also I'm not too bothered about the quad bikes, they will take up valuable drinking time.

Cheers,

Struan
I'll definately be there... but as a spectator only The weekend before that is V-festival which I will be attending too, so I'll be a bit short on cash for sure in August!
Quote from mcgas001 :Bob, For the moment can you set me as * Still interested but cannot confirm yet

Only reason for that is weather i can get the money to pay deposite, as currently driving lessons is killing my limited money supply

Same for me Bob

I have a lot to pay for, insurance, MOT, tax, I'm not sure when the deposit will be to you, but it will be.
Damnit i would love to come but i'm 13 and my parents would never let me lol. Maybe if your still doing this when i'm 18 i'll come if u're still doing it.
Probably not relevant, seeing as I'm spectating, but I shall we attending one way or another

Luke, from experience with those at the first meet, I don't know how sensible it would be to advise younger members of the community to come along tbh; there wasn't much taken into account for those who weren't able to buy a drink at a bar during the post-race festivities. This could be different this time, but only the co-dribbler would know that
Quote from the_angry_angel :Luke, from experience with those at the first meet, I don't know how sensible it would be to advise younger members of the community to come along tbh; there wasn't much taken into account for those who weren't able to buy a drink at a bar during the post-race festivities. This could be different this time, but only the co-dribbler would know that

That was at a time the youth has to be in bed already

meep meep
Ok, put me down as "interested but unable to confirm" and I'll get a definite answer for you in the next couple of days. The boss is off this week, and is actually of maternity leave during August so have to see if I have cover.....if not then may pull a sickie.
Agreed, after the race whoever stays for the evening will just be sitting in pubs chatting. So unless you're ok listening to adults talk drivel, you won't find the night very interesting. Plus you'll get thrown out at 9pm (or whatever the time limit for minors is).
* Still interested and am ready to confirm

Certainly on for this, but won't be able to send a cheque until middle of next week (after pay day...).
I still plan on attending, but just as a spectator.
Still interested but cannot confirm yet.

Now you buggers have voted for the day my lift, ehem, i mean Dan, can't come, i cannot confirm 100% until i have another lift sorted.

Anyone passing by Coventry/Nuneaton?

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG