The online racing simulator
Quote from Ahriman4891 :That requires $$. I wouldn't count on anything "real" except very small companies like Radical or Ariel (which could use free advertisement) or some prototype vehichles from e.g. universities.

hey, that's a good idea, if Scawen and the gang can do a good job with the "free advertisements" of prototype cars and small project cars, then i am guessing that the big corporations will eventually agree to give their cars to LFS or perhaps PAY lfs... that would be a step forward to getting real cars!
Quote from atlantian :hey, that's a good idea, if Scawen and the gang can do a good job with the "free advertisements" of prototype cars and small project cars, then i am guessing that the big corporations will eventually agree to give their cars to LFS or perhaps PAY lfs... that would be a step forward to getting real cars!

BMW and Intel is already pretty big.. Seems like a good start if you ask me. You know intel or BMW will want to get their name out there from this game for good advertisement, from a well made game that runs great on most current pc's.
oh, yes, if the game becomes venerable enough in the pop market, the deal with bmw will get through to every other auto company!
lolz... you can add the bike when we start simulating mortality in LFS...
Guys remember, Suaber F1 and the FBM don't have anything to do with BMW (well, not officialy that is), Sauber is here because of Intel and it's racing tour and the FBM is here because of a challenge, i forgot it's name. THe game will be used as a preliminary test, the best drivers will be able to drive the real thing. That's also the reason why it's included in the demo, so people can get used to it beforehand (I guess).
Quote from Primoz :Guys remember, Suaber F1 and the FBM don't have anything to do with BMW (well, not officialy that is), Sauber is here because of Intel and it's racing tour and the FBM is here because of a challenge, i forgot it's name. THe game will be used as a preliminary test, the best drivers will be able to drive the real thing. That's also the reason why it's included in the demo, so people can get used to it beforehand (I guess).

But I think that BMW should had pay attention on LFS now
any estates
A skyline R34 4 door sedan with 4x4 og rwd
lol porsche 944? seriously?
I wanna see this one.. Well, the original looks like this one...

Aaaaand, 500hp V8 RWD would be nice :P
I would like to have something equal to the MRT. How would it be about a Formula Student?

Some friend of mine was part of the construction team at the ETH in Zurich. They built up the "Albula" in 2007.

Technical Data:

Weight: 240 kg
0-100: < 4 sec
end speed: > 200 km/h
hp: 82 hp / 52 Nm

Picture of the Frame:

http://eth.tray.ch/amz.tray.ch ... y/news/Rahmen20070413.JPG

Engine:

- Basisengine: Suzuki GSX-R600 2005
- cylinder capacity: 599 ccm, bore: 67 mm, stroke: 42,5 mm

Picture of finished car:

http://eth.tray.ch/amz.tray.ch ... l/albula_studio_front.jpg

Specs of MRT:

Engine:
600 cc turbocharged inline4
Power:
48 kW (64bhp) @ 7894 rpm
Torque:
69 Nm (51 lbft) @ 5071 rpm
Total Mass:
222 kg (490 lbs)
Power-weight:
216 W/kg (294 bhp/ton)
Weight dist:
37.6 F 62.4 R
+1
That car looks funny to drive, aswell that it might fit in a class with MRT. It has more HP, but weights aprox 20kg more.
Quote from eight8acht :I would like to have something equal to the MRT. How would it be about a Formula Student?

Some friend of mine was part of the construction team at the ETH in Zurich. They built up the "Albula" in 2007.

/snip

I personally would love to see "Albula" in LFS. What's the copyright situation with it? Will your friend's team allow it in the game? CAN YOU BE THE MIDDLEMAN?!

The more real cars we have, the better LFS's standing in the sim community becomes. Just my opinion.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9SKtMH5CA
i think something like land rover style cars
Personally I think LFS already has a good balance of cars. Although some more selection in the lower end of the spectrum would be great, some turbo charged variant of a front wheel drive hatchback that has a lot more peaky torque would be a great addition, something hard to master, but easy to drive.

I have to agree with some others about a V8 as well, something great for straight line but terrible round the bends, would make for interesting racing.

Nascar may be an idea, although thats kinda a the GT variant of a V8.

One alternative addition to LFS is a Pace car, AI controlled to do the warmup laps and a rolling start.

I personally think LFS should stay away from F1 cars, LFS could stand the risk of becoming yet another standard racing sim rather than something different. There are tonnes of F1 racers, but not many cross racers, and thats what makes LFS interesting.
There are only two more cars I'd like to see, first a balanced rival to the UF1 (I think the most fun car on LFS) and second a (possibly mid engined) lightweight sports car, similar to the RaceAbout but less powerful and lighter, think Triumph stag (which would sort you V8 boys out) or the legendary GT6. The biggest thing I'd like to have in the next installment would be all rough tracks, preferably in a stage with time attacks only. It would sort the men from the boys and stop all this pointless T1 talk.....

Ady

EDIT: I am aware that both the Stag and GT6 are front engined, but I learnt to drive in a GT6 and it will always have a place in my list of top ten cars. Alternately something the other end of the spectrum, with the weight and power of the FZ50 like maybe an Interceptor
Quote from flymike91 :im not so sure about the stag: http://www.time.com/time/speci ... icle/0,28804,1658545_1658498_1657839,00.html

Now, we're being a little unfair there, just because it was built with a
kids engineering set and fell apart in the greatly unlikely event that it actually started. It's stylish and in a sim environment where you take away reliability issues and engineering faults it would be a perfect car.
Quote from flymike91 :
by interceptor do you mean ford interceptor concept? Thats the only thing i saw when i searched.

nah, Jensen Interceptor http://www.seriouswheels.com/p ... I-Saloon-maroon-fa-lr.jpg

Which again, being British, and built during the labour strikes and having been designed by people who thought hi tech was using a spark to ignite the fuel, rather than relying on pressure alone, suffered it's setbacks. But, bot cars are irresistibly stylish, very powerful and great fun (while they lasted).

Ady
Quote from ghost racer :I like that idea.. A all motor XRG that would class with the UFR and the XFR

Quote from ghost racer :
Since this is more of a European game, with more European style cars.. The only "type" of car missing would be a slight underpowered rwd that handels extreamly well.

I think with a Alfa romeo giulia sprint gt (Likeness) would play nicely in with this game.. It's the only weight/power ratio we don't really have with a RWD car

We could have a Race Version and a regular stocker one.

I really hope a dev will read this Give me a if you agree

EDIT: Also a AC would be a fun v8 closed wheel roadster (witch were lacking both)

And make the RB4 also apart of the XFR and UFR class for rally and awd in that class

+1 again , It's what we just about already have... It would give us a few more options for more even ballanced racing
Attached images
ba11%5B1%5D[1].jpg
1967_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_Sprint_Veloce_Vintage_Race_Car_Track_1%5B1%5D[1].jpg
i want the Ferrari GTO used in the B-class rallies... that was awsome, never saw it in action, but the pics look real nice
The idea of some old cars heading to a powerful engine sounds nice ..

I'm portuguese and a real fan of old cars heading to a nice engine..

I love Charger R/T and a french Renault 21 Turbo..
Although this car's won't exist in LFS, something like that would be nice

Keep the good ideas !

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG