The online racing simulator
Drum & Bass artists
(53 posts, started )
Quote from mrfell :Ian remember this it was fantazia 92

http://hardcorewillneverdie.com/eswe/vids/castledon.html

check this

http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/index.html

Wow! A real blast from the past! Ratpack were great.. as well as their 'Searchin for my rizla' track Not sure I haven't got that album on tape somewhere. I have a few Fantazia albums around, whether they'd still play very well is another story

That scene was sweet as. It had a bad reputation, but IMO, there was very rarely any trouble at raves.. everyone was there for the music / atmosphere (and some for pills I guess).. far more trouble to be had at your local club.

I went to one at Camden Palace but for me, the venue was too small for a proper rave.. fine for club nights. Wembley Arena was always a great venue though.

A shame how things change sometimes for the worse. So many people congregated into one place and all but no trouble. Nowadays, everyone just wants to kick each others arse, in a 1/4 of the size of crowd

Glad to be able to say "been there, done that" when thinking back to the rave scene

Regards,

Ian
I dont know whether this would be off any interest, but i find Pendulum a great drum and bass group.

One of my favourite songs from them is "slam". Some of you may recognise it from motorstorm. Here is the video (which i find pretty hilarious. I really did'nt expect the bloke to do that ) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqh9N-Mw5E

Enjoy, and if you do like the sound of this, there are more in the related searches.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Because I've been listening it continuously BTW probably I'm listening a "not that good" album?! (Hold Your Colour)

2006 - Greatest Hits (Bootleg)
2007 - Breakbeat Kaos
2007 - Granite
Get'm!
Quote from Albieg :Plug - Drum 'N' Bass for Papa, an immortal masterpiece.

Informative post! I thought this was an Amon tobin song, but finding out that Plug is Luke Vibert is fine by me, too (I also like his tunes).

Squarepusher - Do You Know Squarepusher? is also an epic DnB masterpiece , though he has alot of incredible tracks.

danowat - there's a pretty wide-array of drum & bass styles, such as that you're likely to find in a club, like Roni Size or Dillinja vs something more at home over a pair of good headphones, like Squarepusher or Luke Vibert. There's a ton of generic crap out there, as in any genre of music, but there are also those (such as Squarepusher, IMO) that are not only talented at playing various instruments but also wizards with their musical hardware. Mind you, DnB can also be about constructing quick, intricate beats that will either annoy away the average person with their aggression and shifting nature or blow their mind if they care to listen . I don't know many people that can stomach Venetian Snares, for example - his music leaves most people dazed and confused .
Mike Portnoy its a good drum artist
Squarepusher's Ultravisitor is also very good though in no way DnB
Some of my favourite dnb artists are:

Concord Dawn
Ed Rush
Gridlok
Shapeshifter
Technical Itch
The Upbeats

Gridlok is probably a good one to start with.
Quote from DrDNA :
Squarepusher - Do You Know Squarepusher? is also an epic DnB masterpiece , though he has alot of incredible tracks.

I always class Squarepusher as slightly more on the Drill n Bass side, thats why i didn't mention him.
But i have a few of his albums (inc Ultravisitor, DWB, great album), Mentalist Artsist is Tom, along with RDJ when he's doing his more "beaty" stuff...
Aaaah, D&B.

Few producers I play myself (I don't play D&B too often) are DJ Hazard, DJ Hype, Wickaman, Phantasy & Shodan, Noisia, J Majik, Hoodlum, Shy FX, Total Science.... blah blah blah.

Try some of Pendulum's work with The Freestylers. Good fusion of London breaks and Aus/UK D&B
I've tried to search for Pendulum albums on several __that__ kind of sites, but only old albums, or single tracks can be downloaded
I won't give upStill have lots of artist you all mentioned to look for
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I've tried to search for Pendulum albums on several __that__ kind of sites, but only old albums, or single tracks can be downloaded
I won't give upStill have lots of artist you all mentioned to look for

"Those" sort of sites aren't very good for grabbing music really.

I won't mention a decent program to use that has shedloads of electronic music on it, but it's vastly better then using torrents.
Tried any of the DJ Shadow stuff?

Not really my cuppa tea, but some of the boys seem to like it.

More of a old techno fart myself

Rezerection Crew, are your eady to move tonight
Quote from Syfoon :"Those" sort of sites aren't very good for grabbing music really.

I won't mention a decent program to use that has shedloads of electronic music on it, but it's vastly better then using torrents.

Perhaps if he looks deep within his soul, he'll find what he seeks.
#41 - troy
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I've tried to search for Pendulum albums...

screw the albums, go for livesets! they are more intense then a track could ever be and as long you do not upload them your also on the safe side if it comes to law enforcement (at least you should, unless it's totally different in your country). i do not listen to much to drum and bass but still have some artists that i quite like to hear now and then: aphrodite, dj marky, shroombab, bailey, kosheen and some others i probably forgot or already named earlier in the thread
Don't forget about d... umm T - Power!
Quote from troy :screw the albums, go for livesets! they are more intense then a track could ever be and as long you do not upload them your also on the safe side if it comes to law enforcement (at least you should, unless it's totally different in your country). i do not listen to much to drum and bass but still have some artists that i quite like to hear now and then: aphrodite, dj marky, shroombab, bailey, kosheen and some others i probably forgot or already named earlier in the thread

Livesets come under exactly the same copyright rules then single tracks. They're owned by someone, usually the station relaying it (Essential Mixes are property of BBC, for instance) or the DJ themselves.

But they also belong to every artist who appears on said liveset if they're credited for it officially.

Same goes for any DJ who records a mix themselves, they belong it, but if they give out a tracklist, all the artists who appear on that tracklist also have copyright on it.

</boring stuff>
#44 - troy
Quote from Syfoon :Livesets come under exactly the same copyright rules then single tracks. They're owned by someone, usually the station relaying it (Essential Mixes are property of BBC, for instance) or the DJ themselves.

thats not exactly correct, of course they still belong to somebody but you can legally have them on your harddisk as long they are recordings of the radio, same thing like the tv tapes, your allowed to make recordings for your own pleasure but as soon you start selling (uploading in case of the sets) you will (can) be in trouble. at least the law is like that here in switzerland, coud be different in britain of course.
Quote from Bean0 :In related news, Groovrider has just been given a 4 year sentence in Dubai for possesion of about a tenners worth of cannabis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat ... ewsid_7252000/7252803.stm

Headline slots at Drum & Bass gigs now available.

Please enquire within.

Quote from troy :thats not exactly correct, of course they still belong to somebody but you can legally have them on your harddisk as long they are recordings of the radio, same thing like the tv tapes, your allowed to make recordings for your own pleasure but as soon you start selling (uploading in case of the sets) you will (can) be in trouble. at least the law is like that here in switzerland, coud be different in britain of course.

It's a rough area.

Not supposed to have it unless the copyright owner has granted permission, but you're not gonna have John Law kicking your door and possibly your teeth in just because you do
Quote from HVS5b :Tried any of the DJ Shadow stuff?

Not really my cuppa tea, but some of the boys seem to like it.

More of a old techno fart myself

Nothing at all like Drum & Bass, but quite excellent all the same

I have all three of his studio albums, and a couple of other imports.
But his latest studio one (the 3rd) is nothing like the first 2, and doesn't come close to them imo. The second one "The Private Press" is my personal fave, with the first "Endroducing" following VERY closly behind
You're forgetting Preemptive Strike, which is a compilation of his early stuff and almost as good as ...Endtroducing.
GFresh >

I've just downloaded the Bass Binds Us mix of Ben XO , and it' freakin' awesome! Still downloading more mixes of him Great archive to choose from.
www.di.fm the best out there,choose your won style,listening to it for 4 years day and night!
i like makai-beneath the mask(skillz R)
camo-how could you
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You're forgetting Preemptive Strike, which is a compilation of his early stuff and almost as good as ...Endtroducing.

Yeah i have that too, but i didn't think it was a studio album, i was classing that as one of my imports, perhaps i was incorrect?

Drum & Bass artists
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG