The online racing simulator
why does it matter if he used the 8 thing tweaker didnt invent that lol (i even think it was a sign on a rx7?? altho i might be wrong) anyway nice work quicksilver best so far keep it up
Quote from tombarlin :why does it matter if he used the 8 thing tweaker didnt invent that lol (i even think it was a sign on a rx7?? altho i might be wrong) anyway nice work quicksilver best so far keep it up

Well it's not just the lying 8, which is present throughout most of these logos. He really only changed the font. I agree with Mr. Cobra on this one. But, it is a nice logo

Here are some mini logos that you could use for a website or whatever

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I see many different ideas here, some of which are very good. But yours is the most un-original of them all. That's just my opinion, which doesn't count for anything. You could still end up winning this thing, but if you do then you might as well change your name to Tweak so that the MOE can use the old logo, cause there's really no difference other than the fonts. I'd be ashamed to post something which is almost identical to an existing product, which anyone could've done btw. I am proud of my bicycle.

Perhaps if you understood graphic design you might not be saying that all I did was change the font, because that wouldn't of taken me 8 hours spread over 3 days to do would it?

But hey I am just a theif right? Its not like I have gone through at least 30 different ideas and logos and spent my spare time over the last week trying to come up with something that matches the brief given. Did you even read that brief? The one where they ask for something fresh and clear, easy to recognise and easy to use on different things, and did you look at the examples they gave us? Looking at your effort I don't think you so much as took a glance at any of that information, so you think I should be ashamed? Can u not tell?

Hey take a look at this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity

...ZoMG Tweaker should of called himself John Wallis. Oh I added the logo that I am still working on now, it needs something extra, maybe I will just change the font and it will magically transform into something unique.
Attached images
moe concept 3.jpg
I did not call you a thief, I called your idea un-original. Which it is. And stop pointing me to the Wikipedia article on infinity, as I am well aware of what it is, I'm not some 12-year-old you know (in fact we're the same age according to this forum). Also, I don't do graphic design, so I probably don't "understand" whatever there is to understand about it. But even I can notice when two things look very similar. Which, they do in this case. I'm just saying, anyone could have written "Masters of Endurance" and put an infinity sign beside it.

As for my effort, it was just for fun and not a serious entry. But at least it's original. I'd laugh if it wins.
Oh wait sorry, I just realised what I have done! I accidently used the same words as the original logo! :doh:
No offence, but QS is right and pwning you.
SRC: I understand the position you're coming from, but this sorta comes down to a brand identity thing. Very, very few companies do a complete overhaul of their visual 'identity' when getting a logo redesigned. Most companies just spruce up their existing logo because people recodnize it. Yes, QS's logo is very similar to the original; and that is a good thing. It's similar so people will recodnize it as MOE. It is still quite different; it's more refined, professional, and has a bit more style than the original. Thus far it is the best entry; and from what I've seen posted by everyone so far I think that it is miles ahead. Of course, that is not meant to take away from the current entries; most of them are quite exceptional entries themselves; I just really, really, really like QS's entry.

That being said, my only crit for you, Quicksilver, is that the chosen font looks a little.. ehm.. 70s? It's sorta reminiscent of KITT or some other late 70s/early 80s pop culture. I'm not sure exactly what it is. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. Top job!

Quicksilver's entry has definitely made me re-think my entry. (Glad I haven't started the photoshop work yet!) I've got an idea for another one, though... we'll see if I get the time to do it. Two more projects to finish this week, and I don't have tomorrow to work on them

[EDIT] oh yes, QS, I like your current WIP, too. It's quite similar to mine thus far, though. I really need to give my idea an overhaul! LOL

[EDIT2] Ah, just had another look at your first entry QS; scratch what I said about it being 70s. I musta been drunk when I saw it before because it's actually quite contemporary. I like it even more now!
Well then what's the point of this contest if we're just gonna end up with the same thing we had before?

Never mind. I like the old logo, and I like QS's logos, I really do, but I feel that we're going round in circles here.
The whole reason they want a new logo is because they can't keep using the current one. QS has kept the original idea but made it more up to date. I prefer QS's logo hands down to the original and any other posted here. I know I'm not alone on that either...
a quickie
Attached images
moe-002.jpg
Ed! Where you been, dude?
#87 - aoun
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I did not call you a thief, I called your idea un-original. Which it is. And stop pointing me to the Wikipedia article on infinity, as I am well aware of what it is, I'm not some 12-year-old you know (in fact we're the same age according to this forum). Also, I don't do graphic design, so I probably don't "understand" whatever there is to understand about it. But even I can notice when two things look very similar. Which, they do in this case. I'm just saying, anyone could have written "Masters of Endurance" and put an infinity sign beside it.

As for my effort, it was just for fun and not a serious entry. But at least it's original. I'd laugh if it wins.

Mate, youd be surprised how not just anyone can put a MOE and infinity sign next to it. Designing looks easy, it really does. But you need to get the right effect and right layout. That can be piss f*cking hard with texts/fonts sometimes. What ATC created was similar, but hes own 100% different creation. He would have put in alot of effort, and it works, i love the logo tbh, nice job ATC. I agree that it is abit un-original compared to the last logo.

In the end though, its what the customer wants. If the person doesnt want a logo looking like the current one, *half pointing at ATC*, then dont make it like that. If the designer doesnt like it, then piss off. Im a graphic designer myself. Its not what the designer wants, its what the person wants.

I havent read much posts, but if the consumer stated he wants something looking nothing like the new one, then there you go . If not, be more specific.

My two cents....
...maybe three, not four.

My Version. Can vary in color + font, will most likely vary the design.

very very nice, aoun.
#89 - aoun
Update:

Its just like racing. Simple to get to one stage, but to make it just that tiny bit better, takes forever with heaps of skill required lol!

I just quite cant get it right.... Maybe if you could tell me what you like/dont like/want me to add/want me to get rid of. .

I like the two tone logo better . Also if you want me to try certain colours, let me know.
^That looks great!
I agree, that looks pretty sweet.
Not sure about the line splitting the figure eight/infinity symbol but it's a solid design.
awesome... just awesome like the style of the logo and the idea behnd it with the symbolistic.
Finally the better entries are coming. I like Quicksilver's and aoun's a lot.

Aoun: is it me or is the bottom edge of the infinity symbol a bit rough?
In my opinion, the infinity icon doesn't stand good for the meaning of endurance. Endurance is something like "last one standing wins"..It doesn't go forever.It is limited by the total energy of the competitor.
That's why i think we could look wider.There are some good examples in the nature ready for usage as icons.
For ex. the longest distance migrating animal..What is that animal? An arctic bird? might be used in the logo with some well done typography.
Or a horse, which is not a longest distance winner but it has a good place as a strong icon in human culture...
Or take a microscobe and check out the blood running in weins of living creatures.What is the factor that makes the difference in an long distance athlete? Those red cells that carry oxygen to the body? Why not use those cells well illustrated.
Even, think about popular culture.What makes one to stand longer? Determination? Hard training? Does that remind you something? Who is the character which is like a piece of iron in popular culture? I'd use gloves of "Rocky" as a reminder of strength in the logo.

The examples will go on and on for pages. But what i want to tell is not to stick with one icon because it is there for infinity. Think different.

I used a burning match in my design and posted with e-mail. It might be discussed about the layout and typography but at least i think i made a new offering.

Attached images
moe1.jpg
moe2.jpg
#96 - aoun
Not saying you have a bad design mate, its clean and professional.

But where does the match come in to endurance if the oo symbol has no part of endurance? Not starting an argument, just curious to know why you chose a match.

Quote from aoun :Not saying you have a bad design mate, its clean and professional.

But where does the match come in to endurance if the oo symbol has no part of endurance? Not starting an argument, just curious to know why you chose a match.

well my english is not very good but i try to tell;
Endurance is not infinite.It ends somewhere.The most important thing is, how much thing is done before it ends.The match is made of something that burns so it can be used as energy.So it is going to end.But how long before it ends.How much heat(or light) will it produce. How many cigarettes can you light with that.These are the similar questions can be asked for endurance...(ex. How many laps before it ends)

I hope i can tell what i think.

By the way, i'm not saying it is a perfect match for "endurance". But it's my offer.
#98 - aoun
Quote from ZORER : well my english is not very good but i try to tell;
Endurance is not infinite.It ends somewhere.The most important thing is, how much thing is done before it ends.The match is made of something that burns so it can be used as energy.So it is going to end.But how long before it ends.How much heat(or light) will it produce. How many cigarettes can you light with that.These are the similar questions can be asked for endurance...(ex. How many laps before it ends)

I hope i can tell what i think.

By the way, i'm not saying it is a perfect match for "endurance". But it's my offer.

I get ya . Not bad.

Second design looks better, the yellow circle doesnt look nice.
Quote from aoun :I get ya . Not bad.

Second design looks better, the yellow circle doesnt look nice.

Thanks.

I agree yellow circle sucks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG