The online racing simulator
I bought a Nissan Skyline GTR!
(33 posts, started )
Very nice car, the R32. Get some trackdays, and dont crash it. =]
Good buy, nice car. I don't see many, pretty much only at the race track when there's a show.

I plan on buying another car in about two years, and the skyline is on my list, but the VW R32 is as well....tough choice..
Quote from spankmeyer :Weaksauce.

Should have opted for a Bowler Wildcat.

So true, it is the most manly car in the world. And so cheap too.

And although new Landys look like arse, the Nemesis looks rather promising.
oh, make sure to fix some of the typical pre-92 problems related to the water pump. That can get nasty and RB's aren't very fun to be rebuilt.
Quote from flymike91 :lol if everyone went by your thinking, we'd all drive these http://student.cob.ohio-state. ... ski_1/geometro-before.jpg people want 280 hp for the same reasons they buy corvettes and Ferraris.

Properly setup as a drivers car even a small front wheel drive hatch back can be far more fun on real roads. Unless you happen to have a race track or a disused airfield next to your house how often will you ever get to safely drive a Ferrari or Corvette fast? A small hatchback, or better a light, low power RWD car won't be much less fun round a track either, in inexperienced hands too fast a car will simply stop you from being able to drive it at the limit consistently, I'd genuinely choose a 106 or MX5 over a Ferrari or Corvette if you offered me a track day in one.
skylines sure are fast , thought the r32 is the lightest of the new breed it doesnt handle aswell as its newwer brothers but stil its looks better then the R33 , R34 and even the new R35

turbos are a ok choice but you can manually get the boost up.5 with the addtion of a decent blow off valve ( i.e HKS one , 400 dollars new or 100 quid used , great investment though there quiet loud ) but still before any major work is done , make sure it can breed cause skylines have a terrable history of blowing engines like paris hilton do's anyone with over a million in there bank account.

just remember not to sticker it or add a wing and you have a very cool car....

just my two cents...

if i had a choice of cars in that price range id go for a 88-92 m5 because its got a fair bit of poke in the engine and tbh... no really mods are needed just a set of semi slick toyo's and your away... though i do a agree with the hatchback vs ferarri rant tbh , do you actually need to go fast in a ferarri ?? the noise alone makes then more fun then Any suzuki swift or pug 106... and yeah i did own a S1 peugeot 106.... quiet fun but never be as much fun as driving say a porshe or a ferarri.

as for the talk of modding the skyline , let him do whatever he likes , you cant spend money when your dead so let him get a life lesson from it , we get about 5-10 cars a day in the garage from kids ( 17-23 ) who drive wreaks ( code name for honda civic mitz colts , old evoss's wrx's etc. ) with a few quid invested. All you can do really is warn him because the only mod id even think of doing to that car is a upgraded waterpumper and radiator but still if he wants to upgrade the turbo or stick on a nice set of alloys , i think he should though he will learn quickly how expencive modding cars Really is.
Quote from ctkza :...mmm R32

2.6L Straight-6 Twin Turbo, Active 4WD or RWD, All-wheel steering...
Stock: 0-60mph in 4.8s & quarter-mile in 12.8s, however, this one is slightly modified and in great condition

Lucky boy

I love those motors, big imposing and "hard" looking. But also a hint of wolf in sheeps clothing.

Be safe dude

I bought a Nissan Skyline GTR!
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG