The online racing simulator
How to get jokerlaps in rally?
(23 posts, started )
How do i make a jokerlap in rally?

I have made it but how to get penalty if not driving in there?
...ehm...what?
Jokerlap? :S What does that mean?
#3 - wien
There's no such feature in LFS itself, but I know there has been an insim application that had a joker lap feature. I have no idea what it was called, and whether it's publicly available though.
Ok..i have drived on servers that had it and it was fun...just like in real rallycross

Insim you say....hmm.i have to look
Sorry for beeing an ass, but can anyone desribe to me what a jokerlap is?
#6 - wien
Quote from The Very End :...ehm...what?
Jokerlap?

It's something done in some (most?) rallycross races in real life. Once a race the drivers have to take an alternate route through a section of the track. They can choose themselves when they want to do the joker lap, and it's mostly done to make it easier to pass slower cars (by going in early to get a few "clean" laps) as passing through conventional methods can be a bit tricky in rallycross.
Ahhh I see, and they get disqualified if they do not enter that extra chicane at least 1 time in the race?
#8 - wien
Exactly. The alternate section is always slower, so they must go through it at leas once.
yes.that what i want in my server.
Keep wishing. Not included in lfs, cant see it ever being included as such.

You could always use the Autocross objects, and make your own.. but you'd be relying on drivers to actually drive that way. Some will cheat. Thats life.
No,thats not life!

I have drived in servers where i get diskvalified when not passing the jokerlap..

So it is a way to do it.
#12 - wien
Quote from mkinnov8 : Keep wishing. Not included in lfs, cant see it ever being included as such.

You could always use the Autocross objects, and make your own.. but you'd be relying on drivers to actually drive that way. Some will cheat. Thats life.

:rolleyes: As I've already explained this IS possible and has been done through insim. The only question is whether that insim app is publicly available.
Take it easy with the rolling of eyes. The question was relating to how this is done in LFS. Truth is, its not done nativly in lfs. Its done via additional programming through insim, as you stated earlier.

Until I see diffrently, that is what I will believe, and I will use my right to post that.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Take it easy with the rolling of eyes. The question was relating to how this is done in LFS. Truth is, its not done nativly in lfs. Its done via additional programming through insim, as you stated earlier.

Until I see diffrently, that is what I will believe, and I will use my right to post that.

By the way, you're in general discussion not in improvement suggestions. :rolleyes:

Quote from mkinnov8 :Keep wishing. Not included in lfs, cant see it ever being included as such.

I can clearly see this one coming to LFS some day. LFS already has rallycross, and joker laps are part of rallycross races just like pitstops are part of circuit racing.
Quote from frokki :I can clearly see this one coming to LFS some day. LFS already has rallycross, and joker laps are part of rallycross races just like pitstops are part of circuit racing.

I totally agree, but again, the current rallycross tracks in LFS would need an extra chicane / section added, if it should be any use of the jokerlaps.
Quote from The Very End :I totally agree, but again, the current rallycross tracks in LFS would need an extra chicane / section added, if it should be any use of the jokerlaps.

It would just be done with the autox editor and the user just adding in a checkpoint for the joker lap. Quite simple really!
I have made an extra chicane.

But how do i use Insim t get it right?
Quote from rabardio :I have made an extra chicane.

But how do i use Insim t get it right?

Can you program?

Check out how to program Insim and away you go! If you can't program, find someone who can, or as mentioned above, get in touch with the guys above.
Tnx for help..i have make driftpoints one time but thats a long time since..

Do anyone know where to find the prog insim?
I have now installed the lapper and typed /insim 29999 and it works a lot of thisngs but not the jokerlappenalties..

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG