The online racing simulator
top speeds
(366 posts, started )
i have done 82.5mph in a 30mph zone, first day of school... in my dad's Lexus ES300...back streets of my city... but that's the entrance speed...
I hope you don't do it again. Speeding is dangerous in the city, I hope you realize that before it's too late.
160MPH in a GTO Twin Turbo, obviously I wasn't driving my dad was. The GTO are apperantly capable of 180 but my dad didn't want to go to fast in it like that.
Quote from Jakg :Because i can only think of one place to get a car like that going at 250 MPH and that's Nardo. The odds of the owner running a competition to let a 15 year old kid get driven around Nardo at 250 MPH are... low to say the least.

I'm 13 and it was on a closed strech of autobahn in germany.
Photos. Videos. Proof. Because, frankly, I don't believe you.
Quote from tristancliffe :Photos. Videos. Proof. Because, frankly, I don't believe you.

a) in retrospect... if i had messed up that time, i wouldn't be here
b) it's illegal(i can always censor my plates...)
c) it's hard on my car... not that i care, since the ES is falling apart anyways
I wasn't referring to you. We all know you are a foolish, wreckless youth, with no consideration for other road users. I have no desire to know anything about your illegal and idiotic street racing fantasies.
That Veyron thing sounds like bullshizen to me. It's way past your bedtime anyway, time you should go close your eyes and dream of going in 'that' Veyron.

Anyway, the fastest I've been pillion on a bike was about 160mph on a Honda CBR1100 Blackbird.

Fastest I've ridden a bike was about 120mph on a mates Aprilia RS250.

Fastest car I've driven was a 2 litre 16v Calibra, had that bouncing off the limiter in 5th doing a tad over 140mph.

Fastest car I've been in whilst being passenger was a mates Impreza, doing about 150mph with a little more in it to go, but no road left.
Laughing My Fat Ass Off @ Luke.S

Seriously, if you are gonna bullshit through your teeth then at least make it slightly believable.

Do you really think they bloke would take it to the absolute top end with a kid that won a competition. It does 253.2, which I'm sure you know, as you checked it on the internet before making that post.

Also, which road was this on, I'm guessing it was rather on a very very long piece of track as it takes 55 seconds to reach its top speed. The driver wouldn't of hit 253 as the road would of been too bumpy.

Face it, the facts are against you, but if you can prove us right, which I doubt, but hats off.

Eagerly waiting...
Quote from Luke.S :I'm 13 and it was on a closed strech of autobahn in germany.

Right. Whatever.

You'd need a VERY long straight bit of road which is very flat to do such a speed - Autocar (or was it Evo) did something similar (although it wasn't on a closed stretch) on the Autobahn and tried to break 200 MPH. They had Zonda's, TVR's, a Twin-Engined Audi TT and a 500 (or was it 600?) HP 911 and a few extra cars and they barely broke 200 MPH in about 2 of the cars - they had gone fast in cars before but fear, and the nature of the road meant no matter how many times they tried they just couldn't get the car to go any faster.

Of course if you said 230 or something it would make a lot more sense.

Fastest for me would be being driven at about 95 in a Kia Ceed (My Dad isn't a speed freak) or about the same in my GF's-brothers Punto (He's 18 and already totalled 3 cars, one of which he rolled over multiple times :X).

The fastest i've ever riden at would be 59 MPH on my bike (Hills + Tailwind ftw!).

Fastest car i've ever been in would have to be a Tuscan S, shame i was too young to remember anything else about it.

In a semi Atlantian style - 45 MPH in a 30 zone is something i do worryingly often, but in my defence the limit goes on throughout the entire village, then to the edge of the outskirts (the point i start accelerating) and then along a straight bit of road with farmland either side They now want to make all the roads round here 30 (which is utterly stupid) and make the local A-Road (A14) have a 40 (!) MPH limit.

</rant>
Quote from Jakg :They now want to make all the roads round here 30 (which is utterly stupid) and make the local A-Road (A14) have a 40 (!) MPH limit.

Isn't the A14 like a very popular road? All hell will break loose if they lower the speed limits.
Around 500 mph.

In something i've been in control of; 120 mph.
Planes don't count :P
Because cars can't do 500MPH yet planes can >_<
In something I've been in control of: 190mph
As a passenger in a car: 135mph
Driving: an indicated 115mph, but I don't believe a 1.6 mk1 Focus is capable of it
Well, the max speed I managed was only 160km/h on Hungarian motorway (limit is 130) just my dad was sitting next to me, and he gets angry easily...he doesn't like if I drive fast... I understand him, I'm the only son of his BTW --> Volvo 850 2.5 ~170hp on the right bottom... The other vehicles are also ours
95mph in my Subie on my way to work before SLAMMING on my brakes to make a 120 degree wrong-way sloped turn with my friend in his GTI JUUUUST squeezing in ahead of me doing the same thing and both of us nearly slamming into a Jeep that decided last minute to cut over and also take the turn ahead of us.

Good times, lol. It's a good thing the Subaru has "antidive" technology!
Quote from ajp71 :In something I've been in control of: 190mph
As a passenger in a car: 135mph
Driving: an indicated 115mph, but I don't believe a 1.6 mk1 Focus is capable of it

What was the something at 190mph?

And why wouldn't a 1.6 do 115mph? A mate of mine had a Ford Orion 1.6i that did 125mph. Fair enough that there was no stupid electronic crap getting in the way in an old car but still, surely it would do 115mph.
Quote from beefyman666 :What was the something at 190mph?

One of these.

Quote :
And why wouldn't a 1.6 do 115mph? A mate of mine had a Ford Orion 1.6i that did 125mph. Fair enough that there was no stupid electronic crap getting in the way in an old car but still, surely it would do 115mph.

Because the top speed is quoted at 104mph when it was new and shiny? You'd need serious, more than the bolt on extra parts to get a 1.6 Orion to go that fast.

Having checked the Focus's top speed is quoted as 115mph so it might not have been as far out as I thought.
Quote from J@tko :That's what I went 120 mph in :-)

Where do you fly?

OMG... you had to use a PLANE to get to 120MPH?

Why didn't you use a car?

top speeds
(366 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG