The online racing simulator
Race - Vid
(17 posts, started )
Race - Vid
#2 - avih
nice gearbox
What the hell?!
air to fuel ratio 99.9%/1% hehe FAN bursting ear drum TASTIC
Quote from whitey6272 :air to fuel ratio 99.9%/1% hehe FAN bursting ear drum TASTIC

I believe that was the whine of the straight-cut gears.
Quote from TaiFong :I believe that was the whine of the straight-cut gears.

You would be correct was meant to have a , before he he lol
#7 - bbman
I'm just glad that I hadn't put my headset on... So my hearing isn't impaired...
Ha, i had it really low and my dog was still going mental, them my mum shouts "turn that down its horrible".... "sounds bloody amazing mum! come and have a listen!"
I wonder if ISI recorded rFactor's gearbox whine from that vid.
Crikey.. now if only the GTR cars in LFS would have that gearbox whine in them
Seen this vid already, and im lovin it
Would I get money from the Insurance thing for my ears that just popped
Seen it so many times, and I love it each time!

And a sidenote, that's how a real driver works through traffic at the start of a race
I wonder why he started so far back... he's obviously way faster than most of the other cars, both in terms of skill and in vehicle.

That said, he was a really aggressive passer... I mean, he had to be sometimes to fight through that pack, but there were a few times where he forced the inside line even when he was barely beside the other cars. If I drove like that in LFS I'd be clipping rear quarterpanels all over the track and getting banned from the server. I guess it just takes faith that the other drivers are skillful enough to notice you in their blind spot. Or not caring if you hit them, since it'll be worse for them than you at that angle.illepall

Off topic, why is it that high-performance gearboxes are so often "backwards" of what I expect? For a sequential, I'd instinctively push forwards to upshift and backwards to downshift, not the other way around. And I so often hear about paddle-shifters where left is up, and right is down... backwards of my instincts again.
Quote from 5th Earth :Off topic, why is it that high-performance gearboxes are so often "backwards" of what I expect? For a sequential, I'd instinctively push forwards to upshift and backwards to downshift, not the other way around. And I so often hear about paddle-shifters where left is up, and right is down... backwards of my instincts again.

And if you aren't confused enough: WRC rally cars has only one paddle shift on the right side, fowards = down and backwards = up.
#16 - avih
Quote from 5th Earth :I...
Off topic, why is it that high-performance gearboxes are so often "backwards" of what I expect? For a sequential, I'd instinctively push forwards to upshift and backwards to downshift, not the other way around. And I so often hear about paddle-shifters where left is up, and right is down... backwards of my instincts again.

when u accelerate, forces pulls your hand backwards -> up gear. when breaking, your hand "flies" forward and downshift not that i know anything about it though

on bikes though, rotate the throttle down/towards-you = more gas. same rational i guess.
Quote from 5th Earth :I wonder why he started so far back... he's obviously way faster than most of the other cars, both in terms of skill and in vehicle.

I think I remeber a post on a forum somewhere that he had an engine change and was forced to start last, behind the much slower "Sport" cars (three classes on track in DSC, GT, SuperSport and Sport).
That site is well worth a visit, and I can recommend the broadcast from Spa 2005. No less than 53 cars on grid, including a BMW M1

Race - Vid
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG