The online racing simulator
KartSim
(99 posts, started )
KartSim
Check this out supposedly in game screenshots http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?p=3708836#post3708836

Quote :After announcing KartSim® in November of 2006, Melbourne based developers Maschine Simulations Pty Ltd have now released in game screenshots showcasing the Oakleigh Go-Kart Racing Club in Melbourne, Australia that will feature in their soon to be released demo. In addition to revealing what we can expect visually from KartSim®, the new screens are the first to demonstrate the capabilities of their new proprietary simulation engine dubbed ‘Kaizen’.

In what will be a first for racing simulations, KartSim® will present drivers with the very same challenges that face real world drivers and teams in real-time. Through the inclusion of interoperable dynamic weather, environment and track modeling technology, drivers will be forced to adapt to the changing conditions produced by these systems. With each system being co-dependent and visually represented, other dynamic elements such as time of day, cloud cover, sun light, track temperature, air temperature / humidity and racing-line rubber / marble levels are all calculated and relayed to the physics and graphics engines for processing; thus effecting the karts’ handling and lap times.

With the initial release featuring Australian circuits, Maschine Simulations have taken the unique approach of selecting circuits based upon the driving and visual experience offered and not on their prominence within the karting world; a decision that has led to little known kart tracks being included in the selection along with several world renowned circuits. As well as being the home track of one of the developers, the Oakleigh Go-Kart Racing Club is also known for its notorious bumps and undulations, high difficulty level and its tendency to generate many professional drivers.
Placing emphasis on realistically recreating the atmosphere and experience of a real world kart meeting, KartSim looks set to change the way drivers have traditionally approached sim racing. With drivers having to adapt to the changing wet and dry conditions, fluctuating rubber levels and the possibility of a downpour 30 seconds before the start of the race or qualifying, it should make off and online racing much more exciting and immersive as well as making players keep an eye on those overhead clouds. With Maschine Simulations keeping quiet on the release date of both the demo and full release, KartSim® is definitely one to watch. More information can be found on their website www.KartSim.com by signing up to their announcement list.

#2 - wien
If it drives half as good as it looks (and sounds in the press release) this one's certainly VISA worthy. :jawdrop:
I was wondering what happened to kartsim, especially since how long ago we last heard about it.

Great news though that it should be out soon.

The screenshots look awesome! Finally some PROPER lighting and colours in a game!
Holy shit, that looks awesome!
Maybe a game that is worth buying, but first we need that demo so we can judge, I don`t trust on screenshots
#5 - Gil07
That looks very promising!
ha, i was just about to write a thread about kartsim, i keep going to their site (http://www.kartsim.com/) but nothing new everytime. Looks great lets hope we dont have to wait another 2 months before we hear something else!

Quote :kartsim email -
Welcome to the fast paced world of sprint kart racing. A world where 100cc engines soar to over 21,000rpm; karts reach over 140km/h, and drivers break lap records on their way to becoming professional race car drivers. This is the breeding ground that led the likes of Mark Webber, Ryan Briscoe and James Courtney to Formula One(TM), IRL(TM), and V8 Supercars(TM). The KartSim franchise brings this world to your PC. Scheduled for world-wide release in quarter 4, 2007, KartSim(TM) is being developed for the PC with unprecedented accuracy. Produced in conjunction with leading physicists and mechanical engineers from around the world, the dynamics of a kart chassis are calculated in real time allowing for true to life handling characteristics. With the initial release to feature Australian tracks and drivers, the KartSim(TM) franchise will expand to include European, Asian and American regions soon after release. Other features include: - Kart dynamics calculated in real time allowing setups to be adjusted and other effects like mechanical jacking and chassis flex to be simulated - 11 different classes to drive catering from midgets to Formula 100 and 125 shifter karts - Advanced 2 stroke engine simulation allowing carburettor and exhaust length tuning - GPS modelled tracks for unparalleled realism - Advanced wet weather physics and graphics - Day to night cycles - Advanced DirectX 9 graphics engine with full support for HDR - Physics controlled drivers that will fall out in the event of a rollover or crash - Dynamic rubber build-up calculated in real time from the player's driving lines affecting both wet and dry physics - Sophisticated tyre model with real tyre curves allowing trail-braking into corners - Online racing with custom liveries and skins - Advanced AI based off Australia's top karters Keep and eye out for the game, and make sure to check back at http://www.kartsim.com for more details.See you on the track From The Team at Primer Interactive(TM)

#7 - Osco
I want
#8 - MR_B
You want, You like, You buy

The perfect business model, and i'm following it!

I want a kart sim,

I like the look of it,

If it's good to drive, I buy!
#9 - J.B.
RSC has been down for hours. Can someone post the screenshots?
Perfect business model? Not sure about that.. Very good tyre model? Quite likely
didnt todd provide most of the basic physics code for this sim? very likely to become one of the best sims out there... at least in terms of physics
#13 - J.B.
Quote from Shotglass :didnt todd provide most of the basic physics code for this sim? very likely to become one of the best sims out there... at least in terms of physics

Yes, it uses my physics engine and I'm responsible for the handling dynamics end of things. In modder speak, I "do the physics."

Realism is priority 1 with all of us, so don't worry about this being some arcade knock-off wannabee thing
#15 - J.B.
Quote from jtw62074 :In modder speak, I "do the physics."

So your physics engine is really ISI with some ini tweaks?
Quote from J.B. :So your physics engine is really ISI with some ini tweaks?

haha, I think Todd will have something to say about that
Quote from J.B. :So your physics engine is really ISI with some ini tweaks?

Technically you should get a warning for personal insults now
Todds physics are slowly growing; first RC cars, now karts.. 2050 will be a good year!
#19 - J.B.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Todds physics are slowly growing; first RC cars, now karts.. 2050 will be a good year!

I once saw a youtube vid of one of these beasts getting some oversteer in the mud but I can't find it anymore.
No one has not yet driven any "Todd-sims" so I wouldn't jump into conclusions yet. Even the physics department is more of a question mark atm.

Wait and see (when's the demo out dammit already!!11??)
Quote from J.B. :

I once saw a youtube vid of one of these beasts getting some oversteer in the mud but I can't find it anymore.

Heh, just made of those at work. Can't get it to oversteer either, but then we've yet to add mud. Time will tell.

Edit: so is KartSim a rigid body or softbody sim? If rigid, how is chassis flex delt with?
Quote from Hyperactive :No one has not yet driven any "Todd-sims" so I wouldn't jump into conclusions yet. Even the physics department is more of a question mark atm.

Wait and see (when's the demo out dammit already!!11??)

Hopefully the karts will be as close to reality as the next VRC version. Here's it running with the new tire model along with a video of a real car:

http://www.performancesimulati ... les/vrc_compare_mach3.wmv

We showed this to a bunch of engineers at an SAE presentation awhile back. It took them awhile to figure out which was real and which was in-game video

Anyway, I'm probably not alone in wanting a match that good for Kartsim. We'll do the best we can to make it happen.
I like what I see so far, I hope you do an insim interface for me to tinker with Oh and a free copy o'course...
Quote from Hyperactive :No one has not yet driven any "Todd-sims" so I wouldn't jump into conclusions yet. Even the physics department is more of a question mark atm.

there is a demo version of vrc available and it doesnt feel half bad
There are few (new?) videos on the site about the tracks. Not really onboard vids but close...

http://www.kartchampions.com/ (the downloads section has 2 vids)

Another video here: http://screenshotmagazine.com/

I take it that Kartsim = Kart champions ...?

It looks like the release is coming closer (doh) maybe it is released even in few months, if I read it correctly

KartSim
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG