The online racing simulator

Poll : How should T1 be handelled? (I've spelt that wrong...)

Closed since :
Flat out, don't even lift!
Touch the brakes, downshift once
Slow 'er right down to avoid rolling
How should I know, I'm banned!!!
T1 at FE Green
Just wondering, what's the best way to take T1?

I voted for 2...
#2 - Jakg
Erm, the fastest way?

No idea what car your in, but unless you've got a big gap infront and behind and are near the end the ONLY way you should take it is on the limit of grip.

That policy bit my ass in a league race (rolled me right over, actually), but the main "issue" at FE Green is the LAST corner - in the car I was in (FXO) you don't want to lift once you give it the boot because you'll loose turbo pressure, and it's very easy to go into the wall and give yourself a fair amount of suspension damage, which was actually the reason why I rolled.
#3 - J@tko
Quote from Jakg :No idea what car your in, but unless you've got a big gap infront and behind and are near the end the ONLY way you should take it is on the limit of grip.

XF-JR/UF-BR

Yes, they're buggars for rolling
other options than 2 are very strange
btw, when i exit this chicane my speed is about 138-142 km/h, whats yours?
#5 - J@tko
Quote from kABLiuks :other options than 2 are very strange
btw, when i exit this chicane my speed is about 138-142 km/h, whats yours?

around 90-95 mph. No idea what that is in euros
They are possibly THE worst car for rolling at FE Green...and they are just at that speed which is borderline for that corner...

My exit speed is generally 140 - 145 km/h, but it has a good chance of rolling...and the last corner is no danger for rolling in the XF-JR/UF-BR as long as you don't go over a kerb...
Well it's quite easy to take it flat out in UF-BR

Edit: Maybe an option in the poll - "Take your foot off a tad, and then power on through"
#8 - Jakg
UF BR?

LOTS of grip, but eary to roll. Make sure you hit the kerbs with a straight wheel, i'm sure you'll be fine.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from dougie-lampkin :They are possibly THE worst car for rolling at FE Green...and they are just at that speed which is borderline for that corner...

My exit speed is generally 140 - 145 km/h, but it has a good chance of rolling...and the last corner is no danger for rolling in the XF-JR/UF-BR as long as you don't go over a kerb...

You have PM

Quote from niall09 :Well it's quite easy to take it flat out in UF-BR

Edit: Maybe an option in the poll - "Take your foot off a tad, and then power on through"

I think i need to know the server insim port? (or something like that )
Yer sorry mate, just realised I had added @hotmail.com by mistake...

Wow, almost everyone seems to say flat out...if I flip, I'm blaming you guys!!!
I'm taking the chicane flat out, once you get the turn-in timing right for the chicane, its easy to get trough at full speed. I have a exit speed of about 150-160 km/h depends on how clean i hit the chicane.
So far my pb in xf-jr is 1:19.65, btw jatko did u already beat that?
For the uf-br my pb is 20.34 so it is from my point of view a littlebit slower around this course.
For everyone who doesnt know the racing line and/or braking/turn-in points, i have attached a replay of one of my training sessions. best time i do here is 19.94. You can watch it in slow motion to see exactly which line i'm taking, where i brake etc...
The setup i used u can get if u come to one of the training sessions.
Evening

Edit: Did a new pb 1:19.24. Replay is attached. Watch Lap 4
Attached files
EveningStar_FE2_XFR_5.spr - 211.8 KB - 87 views
EveningStar_FE2_XF-JR_1^c19.24.spr - 180.6 KB - 105 views
what slicks you use guys ? nad how long it take them to heat up to normal temp?
Quote from EveningStar :
So far my pb in xf-jr is 1:19.65, btw jatko did u already beat that?

No - not yet
Quote from kABLikus :
what slicks you use guys ? nad how long it take them to heat up to normal temp?

R2s for quali, R3s for race. R2s take a couple of laps to get up to temp.
How to take the turn...easy.

Flat out.....eyes closed........pray to God/Allah/Budda/Spongebob Sqaure Pants (delete where appropaite)

Open eyes..............

....shift P
T1 at Green is one of that stupid ? chicanes ? lfs has...it's neither a chicane or a corner...its something in between, in most cars it can be done almoust flatout.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :How to take the turn...easy.

Flat out.....eyes closed........pray to God/Allah/Budda/Spongebob Sqaure Pants (delete where appropaite)

Open eyes..............

....shift P

:headbang:
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :How to take the turn...easy.

Open eyes..............

....shift P

and a deep breath!
I think I am the 3rd fastest racer on this track (by PB)

And I lift slightly and then get straight back on the power - I don't downshift
My PB in XF JR is 1:19.40
Not to worry Jack, mine's still 1.20:70
Taylor beat mine.. lol he has 1:19.36
OOOOPS!!! I missed FP2 :S
my bad...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG