The online racing simulator
900 degrees in lfs
(18 posts, started )
#1 - Azk13
900 degrees in lfs
Does lfs support 900 degrees of turn as real as in real life? Im kinda confused if when i set it 900 degrees in the game it only turns 720 while my wheel turns 900.
#2 - _ak
It depends on car. With FOX and FO8 it won't allow more than 450 degrees. In setup screen you can check maximum amount, some cars allow 900 degrees but I don't remember which ones.
#3 - Azk13
actually i checked most turns 720. Truthfully what i want is the steering to feel like a real car. I drive a euro R and i am confused whether i shud adjust it to 900 or 720. Cos 720 feels too sensitive while 900 feels less sensitive to when i steer the wheel.
The highest rotation limit of LFS' cars is 720°, to see the exact values look here. Though, you can set the "wheel turn compensation" to 0.0 - that way you can force every LFS car to use the full 900°, or whatever you have set your wheel rotation limit to.
#5 - Azk13
Are they gonna change it to 900 degrees any sooner?
No. The ingame cars simply don't have a 900° steering rotation. It's just another property of the car, like power, weight, max lock angle, etc.
#7 - Woz
I wish the UF1, GT, GTi at minimum had 900 lock, They would and so would most of the TBO cars IRL
Quote from Woz :I wish the UF1, GT, GTi at minimum had 900 lock, They would and so would most of the TBO cars IRL

No.
-
(Eleanor SpeedGT) DELETED by Eleanor SpeedGT
Quote from Woz :I wish the UF1, GT, GTi at minimum had 900 lock, They would and so would most of the TBO cars IRL

Most every-day cars have 720 degrees of rotation...why would you want TBO cars to have 900 then?
#10 - Woz
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Most every-day cars have 720 degrees of rotation...why would you want TBO cars to have 900 then?

What cars do you drive IRL then. In 20 years I have never driven a road car with that small a lock! Many actually have 1080. Even the BWM Mini Cooper S Works (The Cooper garage race prepared one BTW) is 900 degrees lock.

I think you mean 720 from centre to one extreme lol
Quote from Woz :What cars do you drive IRL then. In 20 years I have never driven a road car with that small a lock! Many actually have 1080(...)

I agree 100% with this. I don't have 20 years of driving experience, but I haven't seen a street car with 720 degree lock yet. As 360 to the left and 360 to the right.

I especially wouldn't expect such steering lock in cars like XF GTi, Xr Gt Turbo or Fxo for example.
Yup ill have to agree with that. My car is 990.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Most every-day cars have 720 degrees of rotation...why would you want TBO cars to have 900 then?

I'm sorry, what cars are you talking about?

In my experience, the least amount of rotation I've ever seen is 900 degrees in the Nissan Z32 NA.
Well, Scawen about the 900degrees:

Quote from Scawen :About steering wheel rotation :

I think it should wait because all the driver steering animations would have to be upgraded. But it's something to think about and research, I agree.

Quote from luftrofl :I'm sorry, what cars are you talking about?

In my experience, the least amount of rotation I've ever seen is 900 degrees in the Nissan Z32 NA.

The new 2008 s2000 CR (club racer) is 864 degrees (compared to the normal model which is 936). But yeah this is really rare. My car is ~1076. A ferrari f430 f1 is >1080.
#16 - Woz
Quote from zeromussov :Well, Scawen about the 900degrees:

I have asked Scawen about it. It will not make it his round of patches as stuff like driver animation updates are required but now on the work stack

I started a poll in improvements area to see what cars people feel should have 900 degrees.
my dad's car has more than 900° so its different, and its ok that lfs cars have 720°, but it would be cool too when there would be different numbers of degerees
#18 - Woz
Quote from Stefani24 :my dad's car has more than 900° so its different, and its ok that lfs cars have 720°, but it would be cool too when there would be different numbers of degerees

The point being raised is that on the whole many cars have more than 900 degrees but as most home PC wheels have a max of 900 it makes sense to move the old 720 limit (Set before DFP even existed and most wheels were less than 360 degrees) and bump it to the logical 900 currently supported by DFP and G25

900 degrees in lfs
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG