The online racing simulator
Quote from evilpimp :Well I just saw my replay to see if I made any mistakes. The only contact there seemed to have been was with hyntty but I was clearly on the inside.

Also would like to clarify one thing. If I am leading under SC period, am I aloud to leave a gap between me and SC so that i get more speed coming into the last turn when the green flag is going to be displayed?

You are allowed to gap the SC once it's lights are out and it begins to accelerate away.
kk. Thanks for clarifying.
The Lap 2 incident between TG44 and [SR] Mutt will be investigated
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Well if the Green Flag was displayed then I think it's more or less deemed to be okay. Technically, it's not, unless they accelerate at the same time the leader does.
I had two cars hoon past me too, the green flag was up but they was on the power earlier

Hi taylor, that would be kaluiks and I. For the record, we weren't actually "on the power earlier". In fact, both him and I bunched up behind you and were on the brakes when the green was displayed. Our cars (LX6 and RAC) simply have better acceleration than the RB4 which is why we easily passed you before the start finish line. Safety car rule #8 and rolling start rule #8 seem to conflict each other - maybe this should be clarified for future seasons.
Quote from Technique :Hi taylor, that would be kaluiks and I. For the record, we weren't actually "on the power earlier". In fact, both him and I bunched up behind you and were on the brakes when the green was displayed. Our cars (LX6 and RAC) simply have better acceleration than the RB4 which is why we easily passed you before the start finish line. Safety car rule #8 and rolling start rule #8 seem to conflict each other - maybe this should be clarified for future seasons.

agreed
Yes i make some mystakes and i crash 2-3 times but other times other crash to me.J@tko i recognize that i crash you 1 time becouse i can't stop at the time but affter that you bloked my way and i crash again
On the beginning i play fair and in 1st lap i was 3 and after that i crash and broke my suspension and was 4th but the but the bad organizires close the pits and i have to make 4 laps with one of my tyre under the car and i lost my position from 4 to 20 i am so mad
Btw:ALL sorry about the crashes in the pits
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
J@tko (with frequent lag might I add)

Sorry about my lag. Seriously, I've never ever lagged before without msn or IE on. I didn't have either on. Also, for me, it only really happenned right at the start and at the end of the race

Lap 1
J@tko then spends the rest of the lap passing cars to regain his position.

Lap 5
J@tko spins yet again under the Safety Car. I was suprised to see him go driving past me & the others at Turn 1 of Lap 6...I think Kabliuks was too!

I had my secret weapon on - Road_ normal tyres, which really don't work on gravel! It meant that I didn't have to stop, but that was irrelevant anyway!

I wouldn't of brought this up if I wasn't told the following -
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=691162#post691162

Never read that before. Ah well!

Quote from dekojester :
You did, however, make excessive contact with kABLiuks during the SC period causing him to spin. For this, I am issuing you a 2 point penalty, and will deduct that from your points earned in the race. This will also cover your overtaking under SC.

OK, I accept. I was in quite a strop at the time, and I think you'd be glad that I wasn't on TS; you'd have got quite an earful!

(Sorry to kABLuiks for spinning you! - misunderstanding on my part!)
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, because then there's a green flag. The release point is when the leader passes the line.

Hope that clears it up...

Incorrect - each driver may start racing when THEY cross the start/finish line.
Quote from TomMK :Incorrect - each driver may start racing when THEY cross the start/finish line.

That's not what it says in the rules

Will be clarified for Round 3.
Quote from J@tko :That's not what it says in the rules

Will be clarified for Round 3.

Have they changed? I swear when I read them at the start of the season that's what it said? Sorry!
Quote from TomMK :Have they changed? I swear when I read them at the start of the season that's what it said? Sorry!

The rule will be that you can't overtake until you have crossed the s/f line.
Quote from TomMK :Have they changed? I swear when I read them at the start of the season that's what it said? Sorry!

The Rule will be that you cannot overtake until you have crossed the s/f line.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Well, it's good to see it changed. The organisers are doing a good job adopting new rule changes & issuing fair penalties where appropriate. Keep it up the good work lads.

Here here. The organisers are doing a great job.
#41 - Stan
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, because then there's a green flag. The release point is when the leader passes the line.

Hope that clears it up...

Thanks for trying to help dougie, however there no mention of the leader in the rolling start rules.

The release point is a point on the track, not a point in time and the Start/Finish line had not been crossed by the cars involved in this incident.

If I had thought it was a legal move I wouldn't have just let him drive right on by, I would have made an attempt to defend my position.

I'd rather one of the race organisers reviewed the incident and made an official decision.
Incidents to be reviewed tonight:
  • Chat during the race
  • Restart incident highlighted above
  • kABLikus making us positions under SC (who else did that )
  • Voting for restart
  • Post-race etiquette
Incident between TG44 and [SR] Mutt:

Warning to [SR] Mutt for this and another incident in the race.

One more incident and a stricter penalty will be issued to [SR] Mutt.
Quote from J@tko :Incidents to be reviewed tonight:
  • Chat during the race
  • Restart incident highlighted above
  • kABLikus making us positions under SC (who else did that )
  • Voting for restart
  • Post-race etiquette

i did what? i did not get it....
Quote from kABLiuks :i did what? i did not get it....

You span during the second safety car period, and made up the positions to your pre-spin slot, which is illegal.
Quote from J@tko :You span during the second safety car period, and made up the positions to your pre-spin slot, which is illegal.

well i was hit as you probably noticed.... so on that moment anger was to big too control....
Quote from kABLiuks :well i was hit as you probably noticed.... so on that moment anger was to big too control....

Exactly the same in my case

We'll decide on your fate later.
Quote from J@tko :You span during the second safety car period, and made up the positions to your pre-spin slot, which is illegal.

I also span during the SC period and I was unsure whether or not I was allowed to regain my position.

I stayed back to be on the safe side
This will be futher clarfied in the new rules:

If you are unable to maintain the pace of the Safety Car during an Safety Car Period, you are not entitled to keep your position.

Case examples:

Car in P4 of 12 spins, recovers and rejoins in P9. The driver may not return to P4, but must hold in P9.

Car in P1 of 20 pits, and exits the pits in last. That car will be restarting in last.

d
Quote from J@tko :Incident between TG44 and [SR] Mutt:

Warning to [SR] Mutt for this and another incident in the race.

One more incident and a stricter penalty will be issued to [SR] Mutt.

The WARNING to [SR] Mutt is for causing an avoidable incident. The first contact was unavoidable, and you did make an effort to avoid futher contact, but you did cause a second incident after, and for the second incident, which caused the spin is what you are recieving this warning for.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG