The online racing simulator
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :how can you say LFS is more realistic? why dont you try and rev your engine (in real life) so that your burning your clutch... you will find that in real life it takes a hell of a lot longer, than in LFS.

More realistic than before I'd say. I'll take your word on real clutches though.

IN
I'm in... with Track IR I can't tell the difference between LFS and real life!!

Oh yes... actually in real life people are not as rude when you ram them off the road
I'm in mainly because, not being a real-world-driver myself yet, I find each new patch more challenging to drive correctly, and thus having the need to learn a lot of things just to drive "ok", so you must learn to improve, which is something I like :]
Hell I'm slower and at a bigger disadvantage because I don't have a wheel (yet) but I'm in deffinitely. More realistic the better.

Anyone ever thought of finding a way to transfer some of the FF from the wheel in to your chair in the form of a vibration? That would make things interesting.
Im in
Quote from sgt.flippy :Not if you know that when wearing a helmet, the helmet itself would limit your view a lot when you just look sideways with your eyes.

Well many years of wearing motorcycle helmets tells me different.
A decent helmet will easily give you 90 degrees sideways peripheral vision just by moving your eyes. Admittedly up and down are restricted particularly to the sides, and you can't see past about 95-100 degrees just with eye movement like you could without a helmet but the restriction of view certainly is nowhere near the restriction of a 45 deg view.
Bike helmets for the road have rather larger apertures than motorsport helmets.
Quote from tristancliffe :Bike helmets for the road have rather larger apertures than motorsport helmets.

Then I stand corrected.

Probably one of the reasons that motorsport helmets are illegal for use when riding a motorcycle, as well as not providing the same level of protection (apparently).
Quote from gezmoor :Then I stand corrected.

Probably one of the reasons that motorsport helmets are illegal for use when riding a motorcycle, as well as not providing the same level of protection (apparently).

They are just different helmets for different uses.

Motorbike helmets must have largar apertures due to the different positions your head has during riding. When liying over the tank you are looking practically up and you still need enough angle in the helmet to look at the speedo.

Motorsport helmets (F1 for example) are designed for maximun protection of a seated driver with a small vision angle and so the apertures are just rydicously small.... and thx to that you also have more space for sponsors
I'm in, I just love LFS. WOW!
I am in
Quote from oilrag :I'm in, I just love LFS. WOW!

i think satan is enjoying the added realism. his first post and #666 in this thread
Count me in...
Im in...LFS 4ever.
Despite being only a mouser/keyboarder, I'm in also!
Quote from tristancliffe :
Okay, so we lost digi-speedos, we lost autocut/blip, we lost behind view (as we knew it) and immediate 90 degree look (but had 45 degrees added instead) and a few things need ironing out (which'll happen for the final version), but we've gained a whole lump of realism in return. Having to control the throttle for upshifts, and manually blip on downshifts (with or without autoclutch) is so much better for racing.
Post and thread slightly in jest (but only slightly) and partially as a mini-dig to all the "it's too hard now" moaning nancy boys!

Honestly, i don't car for the lost of the digi-speedo... although we should make it an option for people... i love the fact that there is no or close to no aids.

about the look function... i still have 90 degree look and rear view... i love the fact that there is more realistic damages(like the clutch).

and i don't know if tire wear is already in there a long time ago... but i love it! it makes racing strategies so much more realistic...

and just a last note: i thought that the reason that people would play LFS is because of the realistic physics... but i got to admit, i am a fan boy of cars, i get hyper over supercars...
I'm in. Again, possible.
yup!
LFS 4 Ever!!
In.
i´m in guys
lfs best game /simulation ever played and ever WILL play
Me is be joining yo!
In.
#675 - Eiw
count me in

It there any logo for the "W'r glad LFS harder" club?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG