The online racing simulator
I'd gotten the 3 widescreens for work, the desktop room is fantactic. 4:3 / 16:10 / 4:3 is nice combo too, had it for a little while. Only problem I have with 4:3 on side screens is sometimes it can be a pain when you move a window from centre to a side screen and have to resize it. 3 x 16:10 is a very wide resolution, some of the times when I'm working I'll turn one off. If your just getting them for gaming then 4:3 / 16:10 / 4:3 could be a good way to go. It's all personal preference in the end really.

Actually have money for the high resolutions just never turned them on, did just now.
Does anyone have a AMD/ATI "Spider" platform running with 790FX chipset, two HD38xx vid cards and three displays? Would this setup work with LFS? I.e. is the end result so that windows sees the three displays as one single very wide monitor?
also thinking of triple screen - heres the deal.
I got 2x 17'' LCDs running 1280*1024.
Thinking of buying a cheapo Hanton 22'Wide screen (can do 1680*1050).

Will there be problems of using SoftTH? can the game support 3 screens with different resolutions? Especially the vertical res being different worries me.
Quote from Stigpt :also thinking of triple screen - heres the deal.
I got 2x 17'' LCDs running 1280*1024.
Thinking of buying a cheapo Hanton 22'Wide screen (can do 1680*1050).

Will there be problems of using SoftTH? can the game support 3 screens with different resolutions? Especially the vertical res being different worries me.

I'm running those same resolutions with SoftTH with no problem, it handles the scaling fine.
I'm so jealous!! What do I need to do this? I'm currently looking for LCD's, so it's an option, and I'm very interested.

My video card is a 8600GT Overclocked Edition with dual dvi output, I guess I need an adapter, and is this card powerful enough to do this, or does it even make a difference rendering the game?
Depends on if you want to do it with software or hardware. Personally I use software triplehead, which means you're going to want a motherboard with 2 PCI x16 slots and you'll need an extra video card for the third output. I'm using an 8600 GTS so I'd think your video card would be fine. I think if you go with the hardware version you should be fine with your current setup, just need to buy the adapter and the LCD's.

LFS on three Monitors is awesome
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG