The online racing simulator
TEST Patch Y8 - Chinese / Japanese / Korean
WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

Hello Racers.

Here is a new compatible test patch Y8.

It contains Chinese, Japanese and Korean Translations.
There are also some fixes including a hot lapping fix affecting South City.
Please read the list of changes below.

Changes in TEST PATCH Y8 :

Double byte character support :

Included Chinese, Japanese and Korean translations
Selectable font for these languages in Game Options
Input Method Editor support including candidate lists
IME automatically switched on and off in text entry dialog
Input language is shown when editing text (white if IME active)

Interface :

Faster text drawing system improves frame rate
Separate text entry field for AI number plates
Welcome screen now has three language columns
Added flags beside names of translations

Multiplayer :

New command /ndebug=no/yes to switch off/on network debug
Dedicated host and network debug show connecting guest IP
FIX : Rapid /ai NAME command resulted in AI with same name
FIX : Rapid /ai command could exceed number of cars allowed
FIX : Joining a host with same name AI resulted in Join OOS
FIX : Skin name buffer overflow exploit

Fixes :

FIX : Wall riding was possible on soft walls at South City
FIX : Select invalid configuration and weather in cfg.txt
FIX : Replay could open reversed configuration in DEMO

DOWNLOAD :

PATCH Y8 (Version Y must already be installed) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_Y_TO_Y8.exe (1.5 MB)

DEDICATED HOST (for hosting only) :
www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_Y8.zip

Windows XP : East Asian Language Support / Font Installation

Multibyte characters are not supported in LFS for Windows 98 / ME. Windows XP and Vista should work well but you may need to install fonts.

If you have Windows XP and currently cannot see the East Asian translations, here's how to set up your computer so it works. See the attachment, in Control Panel click on "Regional and Language Options" then under the "Languages" tab select "Install files for East Asian Languages". Windows will probably ask you to get your XP CD and the fonts will be installed from it.

This is important even if you do not use Chinese, Japanese or Korean translations so you can see East Asian text and player names correctly when you are online.
Attached images
support.gif
Thankyou scawen
New test patch!
Thanks

p.s: seems my bug report was right.
Quote from Scawen :New command /ndebug=no/yes to switch off/on network debug
Dedicated host and network debug show connecting guest IP

thank you
Scawen, I dunno if it's just my computer doesn't support it, but some of the languages don't appear correctly, just empty spaces where the letters should be.
Attached images
LFS_Error.jpg
Good test ptach but in language section i found two Czech language buttons - one with czech flag is normal but the other one is imo the old one with no translated lessons and without the flag. See the attachment.
Attached images
patch.jpg
Quote from DarkTimes :Scawen, I dunno if it's just my computer doesn't support it, but some of the languages don't appear correctly, just empty spaces where the letters should be.

Did that extract ok and everything? That looks freaky
Quote from DarkTimes :Scawen, I dunno if it's just my computer doesn't support it, but some of the languages don't appear correctly, just empty spaces where the letters should be.

I am guessing your computer doesn't support multibyte characters.
well done
The flags are a little washed out, but other that it looks good
Quote from Scawen :FIX : Wall riding was possible on soft walls at South City

Why aren't all the South City hotlaps deleted?
Thanks for the patch but there is something I'm not sure about:

Quote from Scawen :Dedicated host and network debug show connecting guest IP

Does this mean anyone using the network debug can see anyone else IP ? Or is it for admins only ?
Or is it an inclusive AND (Dedicated host AND network debug) ?
Quote from Renku :Why aren't all the South City hotlaps deleted?

I imagine that will happen once it becomes final.
Where's the American Flag under the Language list?

... lol... sorry i had to... especially before someone seriously said that.
Interesting you mentioned that, maybe we could have a George rather than a Jack next to English :P

Although I wouldn't mind a US flag being there.

If US English gets a separate translation
Why are all letters and numbers so narrow?

You have some fonts installed on your computer which claim they support certain character sets but in fact don't. So Windows reports to LFS that these fonts are suitable for the language in question, but then they just draw spaces.

I recommend installing international support from your Windows XP CD. Or if you can find the font "Arial Unicode MS" anywhere and install that, all languages will be supported.

Quote from Flame CZE :Good test ptach but in language section i found two Czech language buttons - one with czech flag is normal but the other one is imo the old one with no translated lessons and without the flag. See the attachment.

Have a look in your data/language folder, delete both Czech translations and then reinstall the patch so you'll have only the correct one.

Quote from Renku :Why aren't all the South City hotlaps deleted?

This is a test patch, not an official patch.

Anyway I don't expect they will all be deleted, I hope we'd only have to delete offending replays.

Quote from Lotesdelere :Thanks for the patch but there is something I'm not sure about:

Does this mean anyone using the network debug can see anyone else IP ? Or is it for admins only ?
Or is it an inclusive AND (Dedicated host AND network debug)

This is only visible on the host, or in the host's log file if logging is enabled.

This is displayed on hosts in two cases :

1) If network debug is switched on
2) If the host is a dedicated host
Quote from duke_toaster :If US English gets a separate translation

(Control settings)

Make the engine louder and go a bit faster: Right pedal
Make the engine quieter and slow down a bit: Middle Pedal
Turn left: Wheel left
Ah, hard to explain this one - it's the opposite of left. Look up 'right (direction on wikipedia): Wheel right
Um, not all cars have an auto gearbox - you need to use this before you change gear: Left pedal
Make engine quieter without losing speed (+ left pedal): Right Paddle
Hear that big V8 louder and slow down so all the chicks can see you (+ left pedal): Left Paddle

(sorry for useless spam!)
Typically some Sim makers use a half/half flag Union Jack/Stars&Stripes for English. I was just hoping to avert any poorly misinformed Americans from making fools of our country.
wee, im happy the work continues with the patches!
This is why i like lfs always updating.
Quote from Scawen :This is only visible on the host, or in the host's log file if logging is enabled.

This is displayed on hosts in two cases :

1) If network debug is switched on
2) If the host is a dedicated host

Ok, got it, thanks for clarification
Quote from Scawen :Have a look in your data/language folder, delete both Czech translations and then reinstall the patch so you'll have only the correct one.

Thanks, solved. But one question again. In Czech language txt file but even in English txt file i didn't find any string like "[language] is not available on your computer". Where can i find it or it will be added in next test patch? Or how?
I wonder when LFS first appears in the Guinness Book of Records for the game with the most supported languages on this globe...
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG