Telemarketers
(34 posts, started )
Telemarketers
Haha, ROFL, great find.....

.... Telemarketers are bloody annoying. I often get phone calls offering me a conservatory extension. They usually don't shut up until they have pitched to you their best offer... at the end is when i say I live on the 5th floor in a block of flats..... that usually ends the call quick.

Recently I have been getting machines with recorded offers call me, so blooody annoying!!!

mad
The best thing to do:

"Uhhh... I don't know if I want a subscription to |__________|. You know what, why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you back when I decide... what? Oh, you don't want to give me your home number? You don't want me calling your house? Oh ok - DON'T CALL ME EITHER!" CLICK!
That is priceless. Heard it on the radio a few weeks ago.

When telemarketers call me, I just get them started into their spew and set the phone down. Give them a while to do all their talking before they realize there's no one on the line anymore, then go over an hang my phone back up.

Actually, I haven't had a telemarketer for 4 years. I think I have 1 more year on the "do-not-call" registry before I will start getting them again. I use to get 7-10 calls a day before they brought out the "do-not'call" list. Too bad they don't have that for e-mail.
LMAO classic vid !
I AM GOING TO DO THIS, OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA! (caps becuase of the love of this vid)
If you ever have a machine call you. Hit the pound button as fast as u can about 10 times... it confuses the machine and kicks ur number of their list.

If you get an actual person. Just say "hold on one second, you can talk to my roomate" Then just put the phone down and leave... My record was 10 minutes of someone waiting on the line.
If that's not scripted, it's bloody brilliant.
Quote from Matt0snap :Hit the pound button

It is called the hash, not a pound button. £ is a pound, # is a hash.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It is called the hash, not a pound button. £ is a pound, # is a hash.

To me it is pound...WHy it hash too you?

edit: haha im dumb, u overseas
Quote from greg_slideways :To me it is pound...WHy it hash too you?

edit: haha im dumb, u overseas

Well in the words of Jimmy Carr "It's our language, you ****ed it up."
hey im earning my money calling u faggots lol

i used to do telemarketing for a maths pack for kids u would be surprised how many people buy stuff from it....

but u haven't got the right telemarketing that ur thinking of what u are getting is called the cold call.

its illegal in Australia or most countries for people to ring ur number without ur consent so read the small print on things u sign or competitions u enter,

as its an invasion of privacy if they just randomly ring you so next time they ring as where they got ur number from and not to call you again because u give their company no consent to calling ur number.
Amazing stuff
Quote from Stang70Fastback :The best thing to do:

"Uhhh... I don't know if I want a subscription to |__________|. You know what, why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you back when I decide... what? Oh, you don't want to give me your home number? You don't want me calling your house? Oh ok - DON'T CALL ME EITHER!" CLICK!

nice, the Seinfeld route
Quote from speed1 :nice, the Seinfeld route

Ahaha - THAT'S where I heard it! I couldn't for the life of me remember...
Quote from zeugnimod :

+1
I hate to be called everyday by people wanting to sell me or give me anything. But they still calls, and I tries to be as friendly as possible, but sometimes they just won`t leave you alone lol.
I actually never had a telemarketer contact me. Except for a survey on a store, but I really liked that particular store, so I participated in it. And never really heard them again afterwards, so my praise for the store actually went up because of it.
Quote from The Very End :+1
I hate to be called everyday by people wanting to sell me or give me anything. But they still calls, and I tries to be as friendly as possible, but sometimes they just won`t leave you alone lol.

Over here, you have to specifically say you want taken off of their call list. Saying no and refusal of their sales pitch only puts your name back into the computer to be called another time.

Four years ago (I think), the government opened up the "do not call" registry. You register your phone number for 5 years. Once a month, telemarketers are required to download the list. If you get telemarketer calls while registered, you now get the pleasure of reporting it knowing it is a $10,000 fine. I have one more year until I need to reregister.

See, our government here in the States is good for at least something
I think we have a similar list, but charitable organisations dont need to abide by it.
Quote from mrodgers :Over here, you have to specifically say you want taken off of their call list. Saying no and refusal of their sales pitch only puts your name back into the computer to be called another time.

Four years ago (I think), the government opened up the "do not call" registry. You register your phone number for 5 years. Once a month, telemarketers are required to download the list. If you get telemarketer calls while registered, you now get the pleasure of reporting it knowing it is a $10,000 fine. I have one more year until I need to reregister.

See, our government here in the States is good for at least something

We've had that list for as long as I can remember. Probably longer than I have been born, so it has only taken you 20odd years to catch up.
Have a search on Youtube for 'Angry BT Customer', make sure your volume is turned down though
Haha, I remember seeing that quite a while back, I laughed so much.
Quote from Bean0 :Have a search on Youtube for 'Angry BT Customer', make sure your volume is turned down though

My favourite one, I always asked myself if it was fake or not, but if I reflect about my reactions to obnoxious outlaws who keep disturbing me I think it's perfectly real...

Working for call centers is a shitty job, sure, but I have no understanding at all for people who bug me when the law states they can't do it, so my answer to their abuse is sometimes extremely strong. They asked for it, they got it. Moreover they keep asking for my father who died three years ago... Such nuisances demand a harsh treatment.

Telemarketers
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG