The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 2 Pre-Race Discussion
Track: Fern Bay Rallycross
Cars: ALL ROAD CARS (see below)
Laps: 12
Pit stop?: No

Recommended cars:
RB4 - fastest round corners, but compared to the two below - really slow in a straight line
FZ5 - with a tad of TCS - nearly as fast as the RB4 round corners and will eat it for lunch down the straights
LX4 - Kinda middle of the two above.

Sorta recommended cars:
FXO
XRT
XFG

Really not recommended:
RAC - You'll spend the race going round in Swedish circles
LX6 - You'll spend the race going round in ever increasing circles, with lots of noise and mud in your visor
UF1 - You'd be better walking
XRG - Why not have the XRT?
what's a swedish circle?
#3 - J@tko
Quote from hyntty :what's a swedish circle?

Ones where no matter how hard you try, you can't get out of
Why does everything negative involve sweden? Swedish circles, Stockholm syndrome etc.
#5 - J@tko
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I guess we'll have the free practices again, right?

Yep. Again - Dekojester's ur man.

I think that they'll be at the same times as before.
Is fernbay rallycross the really short one?
Oh...in that case I don't think I've driven the track, and really need to practice!
It's a great track, you will have fun.

Btw, if I'm allowed to give a tip: Look at the WRs at LFSWorld. The car choice should be obvious then.
From the desk of the Race Director

The server will be set to this combo all week.

The Weekend schedule is as follows:

FP1: Saturday, 9 February 2008 from 19:00 - 20:00 GMT.

FP2: Saturday, 9 February 2008 from 23:00 - 24:00 GMT.

FP3: Sunday, 10 February 2008 from 02:00 - 03:00 GMT

FP4: Sunday, 10 February 2008 from 16:30 - 17:30 GMT

Qualifications: Sunday, 10 February 2008 from 19:00 - 19:20 GMT

Race Lag Start: 19:25 GMT

Race Start Proper: 1 minute after completion of Lag Start.

d
Oh god FernBay rallycross...I dont know but...My tires will die in ~7 laps...Probly going to do an pit during the race.
I'll be entering with RB4, my favourite car of all time(before the FBM came along).

Now to wait until I get my SR RB4 skin.
#13 - TG44
I'll be needing a pit stop too. how about making it mandatory?

I make times aroun 1:17.50 but when the tires get a lil worse my times drop to 1:23...
Quote from juurme :My tires will die in ~7 laps

At first I didn't believe you, but you're right - RB4 tyres take a right battering. As do your arms/fingers.

I've just done an 8 lap race and my wrist was killing me afterwards (kb user!)

JO53PHS says that his arms ache just with FFB set at 1.

Do you wish the race to be shortened, two short races or keep the same (my favourite) Just make it a mini-enduro!

p.s [DR] Server 1 set to it now - 16 people connected

Come have some fun!
Quote from J@tko :At first I didn't believe you, but you're right - RB4 tyres take a right battering. As do your arms/fingers.

I've just done an 8 lap race and my wrist was killing me afterwards (kb user!)

JO53PHS says that his arms ache just with FFB set at 1.

Do you wish the race to be shortened, two short races or keep the same (my favourite) Just make it a mini-enduro!

p.s [DR] Server 1 set to it now - 16 people connected

Come have some fun!

i think its even out of question and it MUST be left for 14laps so that it would be very challenging and that every one could choose weather to drive fast but make a pit-stop or to drive slower but without pitting. plus its then a question what car to choose,because some of them wont overheat the tires, but might be a bit slower so-dont even think about changing! its gonna be real deal mates! prepare su suffffferrr okey, seriously-leave as it is, please
haha I'm finally gonna unleash pwnage...the hare and the tortoise time!
Quote from kABLiuks :i think its even out of question and it MUST be left for 14laps so that it would be very challenging and that every one could choose weather to drive fast but make a pit-stop or to drive slower but without pitting. plus its then a question what car to choose,because some of them wont overheat the tires, but might be a bit slower so-dont even think about changing! its gonna be real deal mates! prepare su suffffferrr okey, seriously-leave as it is, please

I suggest and prefer leaving it at full distance.

Tyres wearing is part of setting your strategy.

Getting tired is part of your strategy.

Beaten to death cliche: TO finish first first you must finish.

If I get enough people wanting one, I may decide to bring the Safety Car in and have a competition caution around mid-race.

I still rather have straight-through, though.

May the best racer win !

d
No matter what car I choose, I'm going to suck this round. So I'm going with the raceabout.
lol I'm taking the RB4...I even have a Top Gear inspired skin in mind...do I get extra points for a funny skin? lol
Heh, yer all gonna get owned.

I mastered the RB4 when I bought S1, then upgraded to S2 3 weeks later...

... Now prepare for teh ownage!
I've driven the RB4 like...3 times...and I've never driven Fernbay Rallyx...pwnage indeed
Quote from Dalek0220 :Heh, yer all gonna get owned.

The chances of you or anyone else avoiding my spinning raceabout is slim to none.
I shall be James May - with an apt skin
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I shall be James May - with an apt skin

Don't you dare nick our idea. There'll be 3 TG cars on the grid
Hmm...can i still have the skin? :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG