The online racing simulator
PSP Outguage display?
(38 posts, started )
Quote from duke_toaster :So is anything going on about the phone java app?

You mean what appears to be a "fully working" application? Nothing as far as I can see. Or do you mean one that doesn't use bluetooth?

Either way, I'm afraid I don't have a java capable phone, although I'm sure someone else can help / assist though

I'm going to continue trying to (casually) come up with a different, pervasive solution for these various mobile devices.
#27 - nilo
Quote from the_angry_angel :
You mean what appears to be a "fully working" application? Nothing as far as I can see. Or do you mean one that doesn't use bluetooth?

Hm, I'm bold enough to say that my proof of concept works well. Someone with J2ME-experience, especially graphics programming, could indeed create something which is closer to a usable app compared to the stuff I've posted.

Quote from the_angry_angel :
Either way, I'm afraid I don't have a java capable phone,

This is no excuse, as the J2ME toolkit comes with an emulator. :haha:

Quote from the_angry_angel :I'm sure someone else can help / assist though

Well I hope that, too.
Quote from nilo :Hm, I'm bold enough to say that my proof of concept works well.

Exactly

Quote from nilo :This is no excuse, as the J2ME toolkit comes with an emulator. :haha:

Damn, you've found me out. I really don't like Java

Admitedly I've not played with it much recently.
#29 - nilo
Quote from the_angry_angel :Exactly

Damn, you've found me out. I really don't like Java

Same for me. I hate Java, and J2ME is pain in the a**! :banghead:

Unfortunately it is the most "pervasive solution" for mobile devices IMHO.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#30 - nilo
Quote from thisnameistaken :Isn't Python pretty common on handhelds these days?

Indeed it is. There is python for win CE, palm, nokia series 60, PSP, and more (http://www.awaretek.com/pymo).
Anyway, these implementations aren't really standardised. AFAIK, each of them uses an own graphics-API, which makes platform-independent development quite hard.
(But believe me, if I would own any of those, there would be an outgauge-display for it! )

Java/J2ME is available and has the same API on almost every mobile phone/handheld, thats what I meant.
I tried the LFSMon, and it almost works

- Installed Python 2.5 + PlyBluez
- Intalled LFSMon.jar on my phone (N6630), and after that I executed it.
- Started LFSMon.py ... It made connection with my phone.
- Set the outgauge port in the cfg.txt to 21567 (what said the LFSMON.py's command line )

- Nothing happened :S

Did i forgot anything?
#32 - nilo
Quote from Horci :I tried the LFSMon, and it almost works

- Installed Python 2.5 + PlyBluez
- Intalled LFSMon.jar on my phone (N6630), and after that I executed it.
- Started LFSMon.py ... It made connection with my phone.
- Set the outgauge port in the cfg.txt to 21567 (what said the LFSMON.py's command line )

- Nothing happened :S

Did i forgot anything?

Did you join a race once you were connected? (Just in case...)

Settings in cfg.txt:

OutGauge ID 0
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Port 21567
OutGauge Delay 3
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1

If your LFSMon.py does not run on the same host LFS is running, set OutGauge IP to the ip adress of the other host. Also, change line 15 of LFSMon.py: replace 'localhost' with the ip address of the host running the script (do not remove the ').

It is also possible that the Java app does not work for your mobile. I've only tested it with a SE K800i and Siemens S65.

Good Luck

PS. Please don't expect too much, as it is a proof of concept and not a finished app. Thx.
:doh: Forgot to join

But, after I set the delay and mode it works ! Thanks !

I hope you will upgrade the GUI And an option which keeps the light always on would be great
#34 - nilo
Quote from Horci :
I hope you will upgrade the GUI

No, I won't, sorry.
As I wrote earlier, I really don't feel like I want to dive deeper into the J2ME-Hell.

I uploaded the sourcecode, so maybe there are people who would like to continue the project.
:bump:

Any news on this project? I've got my hands on a PSP of my brother and would like to try it.

I have GAME, GAME150, and GAME380 folders, but no one seems to work, I always get an error after loadinf the app (just after the PSP intro)
if youinstall 1.5for psp fat is ok... then you 1.5kernel install for psp slim your slim is bricked
i have 3.32 i think will that work with the psp app

PSP Outguage display?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG