The online racing simulator
Quote from sgt.flippy :OT: over here just recently 40 people were caught for fraud... They let someone else take their driving test, with their ID.

And not to sound racist, but when they showed the people on TV (in the classroom, to take their test ), there was not a single native Belgian person in the room

And on topic: Just let them have their NFS, I also know a few people, don't know what the game is called one of these guys plays, but when it involves blowing up other cars with your canon, I'm in a lot of doubt I should believe him the cars act realistic around the track.

^^^^^ Its all his fault
Quote from tristancliffe :We're not all stupid in England. Most of us know it's the capital of Holland. Brussels is the capital of Sprouts (which isn't a very nice country, I've been led to believe).

Quote from Dalek0220 :Why are we on the subject of Belgium?

Eeeeh
Quote from Dalek0220 :I am really, really, really annoyed today.

First, there was some talk about NFS. I say "NFS is crap, and LFS is better." Then, they say its a cheap knockoff. Then I told them to shut up, and kept doing it. I know all/most of you prefer LFS, but to these idiots then said "You can only do 10 mph" or "You can't drift, so its unrealistic."

Opinions of what I should do, anyone?

Back when I was in school... in 9th grade... we played a game called Duke Nukem 3D. In the game you could press buttons to send auto messages. One of them was Duke Nukem saying "Ha-ha-ha... WASTED!". Noone really new what it meant, except me for course. And until one day, one of my classmates looked up "wasted" in the dictionary. He them proceeded to proclaim that when someone shoots and misses you you should send that messages, as the bullets have been wasted... Of course everyone believed his version and I was made a laughing stock...

In fifth grade one of my classmates had everyone believe that he had 300 000 lego soldiers. Noone ever came to think if these would actually fit in his house. And of course, this was easy to believe, since his father had fled the country with accusations that he stole 8 million USD - money that was supposed to be used to buy arms for our country...

So I'd like to say that kids are dumb. And they suffer mass dumbness. So don't worry, if what they think is stupid. Some times ther just is no arguing.
Quote :they havn't heard of it.

Quote :My fellow pupils don't like LFS

Are they psychic oO
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Back when I was in school... in 9th grade... we played a game called Duke Nukem 3D. In the game you could press buttons to send auto messages. One of them was Duke Nukem saying "Ha-ha-ha... WASTED!". Noone really new what it meant, except me for course. And until one day, one of my classmates looked up "wasted" in the dictionary. He them proceeded to proclaim that when someone shoots and misses you you should send that messages, as the bullets have been wasted... Of course everyone believed his version and I was made a laughing stock...

This sounds like arcade talk. You know, when some random dude at the arcade comes to you and says something absurd about the game you're playing, like:

- Dood, do you know that Akuma is Ryu's father?

And there's some guys that actually believe in this shit.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Yep, we do have some hills, but they're down south where you don't pass for the ring
But yes, we're flat

Hmmmmm, you're wrong there. Suspiciously wrong I should say. The ring is right (150 miles) next to Spa (the truly best race-track in the world).
Quote from Hoppers :Hmmmmm, you're wrong there. Suspiciously wrong I should say. The ring is right (150 miles) next to Spa (the truly best race-track in the world).

Argh what do I know?

I always felt part english
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Buy them a BMW M5 and point them in the direction of an airfield.

Seriously though, if they think NFS is in anyway realistic then don't waste your time trying to tell them otherwise, even when I was a child I knew NFS was totally fake. I expect these are the people we have to put up with on the road, took their test 10 times to pass it, don't listen to the instructor, and think they can take a turn at any speed they want without crashing.

Well yeah NFS is pure arcade nonsense but there is one that just might save himself the NFS Porsche Unleashed ... i liked that one it seemed at least a bit accurate .... except for the police cars and hey before that one i was playing viper racing and now i'm addicted to LFS
Quote from R00KIE :Well yeah NFS is pure arcade nonsense but there is one that just might save himself the NFS Porsche Unleashed ... i liked that one it seemed at least a bit accurate .... except for the police cars.

No pursuit mode in Porsche Unleashed. Some of the factory driver events had cop cars that would attemp to interfere with the players car during a long time limited event, but they couldn't actually stop or ticket a car.

5 of the 13 NFS games have pursuit modes, NFS3 - Hot Pursuit, NFS4 - High Stakes, NFS6 - Hot Pursuit 2, NFS9 - Most Manted, and NFS10 - Carbon.

I also doubt that even NFS fans think that NFS is realistic, although the canned drift mode in ProStreet looks fairly realistic. Regarding Porsche Unleashed, the top cars pulled 3 g's in turns without benefit of downforce (the game has downforce, but due to a physics flaw, it doesn't improve grip). In ProStreet, the top cars are pulling over 5 g's in turns. The reason most players like NFS is the pace, even if it's not realistic. The most extreme pace was the street-x mode in NFS8 - Undergound 2, which captured the feel of an indoor go-kart event. Example: n8sx.wmv

Not everyone is going to like a particular activity, regardless of the skill involved. Soccer is never going to be as popular in the USA as the USA's main sports, baseball, football, and basketball. It's a small minority that like racing games, and smaller still group that likes racing sims.
The people that like games, NFS or Burnout, like to escape from reality, where as the people who like "sims" such as LFS or IL2 like reality, however can't afford to peruse their hobby.
bite them
Well , dont forget NFS is the "pinp My Ride Sim"

Like LFS is the Real Driving Simulator
Quote from Dalek0220 :I am really, really, really annoyed today.

First, there was some talk about NFS. I say "NFS is crap, and LFS is better." Then, they say its a cheap knockoff. Then I told them to shut up, and kept doing it. I know all/most of you prefer LFS, but to these idiots then said "You can only do 10 mph" or "You can't drift, so its unrealistic."

Opinions of what I should do, anyone?

change fellow pupils to enemies and you are all ok
Take a shit in their school bags
Say NFS is a pos (piece of shit) lol<<no swear filtering lol
let them be in their poor world with the poor racing games from ea, thats too stupid to make at least half realistic physics
Do not talk to them anymore...They'll buy S2 if they wanna talk to you...or not
Quote from JeffR :drift mode in ProStreet looks fairly realistic.

drift in prostreet is poor lol ... you dont realy control your car ... i drifted a supra in the last drift race and i need to pull the e-brake all the time to do some decent points ... but ... a rwd car drift whit ebrake and gaz in sametime ? strange

positive points for prostreet is : improved damage, and drag racing(free run ? no...) prostreet is the most boring game i never saw !
its like : race / earn money / buy some bullshit / race
Some people say this to me aswell. They say it hardly has any one online so i replied with 'its quality not quantity'. What I would advice you to do is persuade them to download LFS and prove to them that its fantastic. Also Some of them maybe impressed but the 'main caller' will say it's rubbish and won't take the fact its better. Then he'll feel like a right stuben D**k and shut up. Just say NFS - No Future, Stupid. Also tell them to go on - http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2005/07/live_for_speed.html

Superb physics modeling and graphics; exceptional online play; savvy AI; great force feedback.
LOWS: No damage modeling; 12-car racing field limit; fictional cars and tracks.
BOTTOM LINE: The finest production-car racing simulator on the market today.
http://www.pcgamer.com/images/pcg-logo-finalverdict.jpg

And NFS

http://www.pcgamer.com/archive ... /07/need_for_speed_1.html

Multi-tier career mode; free 'net play; impressive stable of supercars; exquisite scenery.

LOWS: Unsophisticated driving and damage modeling; screwy save game feature in career mode.
BOTTOM LINE:One of the most complete arcade racers on the market.

http://www.pcgamer.com/images/pcg-logo-finalverdict.jpg

- They rate it good because they can go online?

Even checking out all the percentages (for NFS) LFS Beats them all.

Need I say more?

Kind Regards,

Matty
NFS:PU was probably the best NFS of all time, It's where I learned to do 360º skids doing 100km/h, and a whole lot of other car control techniques and tricks. I got realy good at the car delivery missions, but corsica always pissed me off with the cone challenge. I got lost at least 5 times the first time I played that level, it has so many side roads.

Oddly enough, everything I learned in NFS:PU actualy works in LFS, like the 360º lane change (not something they teach you, more of an adaptation of it). I used it to avoid a crasher in the Blackwood back straight once, they had no idea what happend when I past them in reverse going nearly 150km/h in the XRT. and then put the car back in a straight line and raced like nothing happend. It was so hilarious seeing the Ilivetocrash: :), Ilivetocrash: >8O. (thats not the real name of the crasher)
I was a showoff when I first started playing, I did all kinds of stunts and tricks while driving around the track.

I should have had the replay, the guy came very close to me, but I reformated my computer since then, and I can't demonstrate it because my pedals are broken.
the sim that pwns everyone is this one
my friends kill me over the "LFS isn't realistic" when I hit a red and white barrier.
I did manage to convince one "friend" to buy it though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG