The online racing simulator
My fellow pupils don't like LFS, and they havn't heard of it.
I am really, really, really annoyed today.

First, there was some talk about NFS. I say "NFS is crap, and LFS is better." Then, they say its a cheap knockoff. Then I told them to shut up, and kept doing it. I know all/most of you prefer LFS, but to these idiots then said "You can only do 10 mph" or "You can't drift, so its unrealistic."

Opinions of what I should do, anyone?
Save your breath.
I agree. You either want a sim and like LFS, or you want a mindless arcade racer where you can U-turn at 400mph.

Sim racers can like arcade games. Arcade fans can like sims. But the kind of person who thinks NFS is the most realistic driving sim in the world will never see the light.
From their very argument about speed, I'm guessing they prefer the sensation of moving fast through narrow neon streets (bodykit and fart cannon probably included) than feeling like the car is actually under their control.

Remember, these are the same people who will attach 250kg of bodywork and stereo to their car thinking it holds their 1.1L Corsa on the road.
#4 - wien
Let them stew in their ignorance. If you like it, what does it matter that they say? Just laugh knowingly every time the subject of NFS comes up.
Thanks guys, but if they keep doing it, I'll give them a lecture of how to actually drive.
Buy them a BMW M5 and point them in the direction of an airfield.

Seriously though, if they think NFS is in anyway realistic then don't waste your time trying to tell them otherwise, even when I was a child I knew NFS was totally fake. I expect these are the people we have to put up with on the road, took their test 10 times to pass it, don't listen to the instructor, and think they can take a turn at any speed they want without crashing.
tragy, real tragedy.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Thanks guys, but if they keep doing it, I'll give them a lecture of how to actually drive.

I dont think they would appreciate how to be told to drive from someone aged 12
#9 - JJ72
one fanboy in the making
Quote from Dalek0220 : "You can only do 10 mph" or "You can't drift, so its unrealistic."

Opinions of what I should do, anyone?

Show them videos of LFS ?
Either way you're still playing a computer game. I don't think there's a cultural high ground to be occupied, really.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I expect these are the people we have to put up with on the road, took their test 10 times to pass it, don't listen to the instructor, and think they can take a turn at any speed they want without crashing.

OT: over here just recently 40 people were caught for fraud... They let someone else take their driving test, with their ID.

And not to sound racist, but when they showed the people on TV (in the classroom, to take their test ), there was not a single native Belgian person in the room

And on topic: Just let them have their NFS, I also know a few people, don't know what the game is called one of these guys plays, but when it involves blowing up other cars with your canon, I'm in a lot of doubt I should believe him the cars act realistic around the track.
Quote from Dajmin :I agree. You either want a sim and like LFS, or you want a mindless arcade racer where you can U-turn at 400mph.

Sim racers can like arcade games. Arcade fans can like sims. But the kind of person who thinks NFS is the most realistic driving sim in the world will never see the light.
From their very argument about speed, I'm guessing they prefer the sensation of moving fast through narrow neon streets (bodykit and fart cannon probably included) than feeling like the car is actually under their control.

Remember, these are the same people who will attach 250kg of bodywork and stereo to their car thinking it holds their 1.1L Corsa on the road.

lol, thats exactly how i feel
Let them be. Don't try to convert these type of people to LFS, then we'll have even more kids to deal with.
Quote from sgt.flippy :not to sound racist, but when they showed the people on TV (in the classroom, to take their test ), there was not a single native Belgian person in the room

Nothing racist about that. When they show things on TV over here there's rarely any Belgians. Unless it's Tennis.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Nothing racist about that. When they show things on TV over here there's rarely any Belgians. Unless it's Tennis.

How about chocolate? Or our beer? Great, we're famous for our butt ugly world class tennis player

The other one was prettier, but she quit

What station do you watch? I always see Belgians on tv
Tell em NFS is pure crap because you can't drift there like you can in Wipeout.
Belgium?, thats that really boring flat piece of land you have to ride through to get to the ring isn't it?.

They do have lovely waffles in the service stations there though..........
Yeah, at least Belgian motorway services provide edible food. French ones don't, unless you like croissant for every meal.
Quote from danowat :Belgium?, thats that really boring flat piece of land you have to ride through to get to the ring isn't it?.

They do have lovely waffles in the service stations there though..........

Yep, we do have some hills, but they're down south where you don't pass for the ring
But yes, we're flat

Quote from tristancliffe :Yeah, at least Belgian motorway services provide edible food. French ones don't, unless you like croissant for every meal.

Thanks!!

At least you guys know Belgium isn't the capital of Brussels..
Quote from Dajmin :

No, those people put a big and ugly £20 wing on their 1.0 Corsa, just to say "now my car can go fastar!"

Also, the same ricers waste lots of money to make the engine pull 500hp and a few pints in a "suspension upgrade" (AKA chop the suspension springs in half, to get the car closer to the ground) and proceed to go to trackdays thinking that they will kick ass, but get smoked by 140hp race cars.
We're not all stupid in England. Most of us know it's the capital of Holland. Brussels is the capital of Sprouts (which isn't a very nice country, I've been led to believe).
Why are we on the subject of Belgium?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG