The online racing simulator
Good to be back playing
(8 posts, started )
Good to be back playing
I apologize if this a waste of a thread. But its been probably a good month since i've played. My desktop is still outta commission as i have to send new parts i got for it back and stuff.

I just hooked my g25 up to my laptop, man do i miss how the cars feel while driving them. LFS really is a drug. I've been enjoying spinning out around corners with the FZR, accelerating to over 200 in the XRR

LFS ROCKS!!!
Quote from agm_ultimatex :LFS ROCKS!!!

This is old news! We all know it rocks! I hope you get your desktop fixed though so you can really play, I bet playing on a laptop can get laggy.
I haven't tried multiplayer yet so i dunno. It's a decent laptop. 2 ghz core 2 duo, x1400 mobility. 1BG ddr2. Desktop will be sweater once i get the board replacement (was doa). Q6600 2.4gh quad core, 680i nforce motherboard, 2 gigs of ddr2. I'll get a newer video card once i have the money too.
You should definitely overclock that processor. Most guys manage to get 50% higher frequencies even with the stock fan! By the way I'm playing on a laptop, and it works just fine. Even with all settings maxed (including AA and AF) I still get > 30 FPS in the start of a race, and 60 FPS when there aren't many other cars around (that's when I've taken the lead :razz I have a GeForce Go 6800 on a 17" display.
I need to setup the stuff in the ATI settings tonight. I believe I downloaded the higher res textures on my laptop (know i did for my desktop) from LFS database, but I didn't notice an improvement. Dunno if they were replaced/deleted when patch Y came out either.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :
I bet playing on a laptop can get laggy

Depends on the laptop really! I have used both a Dell Precision M70, and a HP 8710w which run LFS very well at a stable 70fps+

I wouldn't recommend overclocking laptop processors, the cooling etc on a laptop is so highly tuned which could lead to you damaging not just the processor!

Rob
#7 - Dac
its certainly the most realistic driving game ive played so far. it would be better if it had real cars though like they have on gran turismo.

on a side note, a big mouth at uni was blabbling on about games and he blurted out that san andreas is the most realistic driving game ever lol, to which i reply'd "can you drive?" and he says "not legally". he went bright red then shut up waste of a paragraph i know.
Also, dell has its own BIOS/CMOS probably won't be able to do it.

Good to be back playing
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG