#1 - M4n3
All S2 Demo players
go here: www.lfs2-demo.tk
and log in on the forum...

go and make leagues and series.
ps..
its a new site so go there and make this sites better
Your making a league based on a demo?

i thought demos was for a taster for the main game.. not for leagues hmm..illepall
no reason why not I guess. But all the good players will probably have S2 anyway. So it'll be like a noob league...
Not everyone is, I still race and I get pretty close to the WR times on blackwood, course thats all I can race so I get the most pratcie. But I do know that there are some demo racers that are quite fast. Im just about to get the full s2 once I get 43 USD that I can spare. But im not into clans and leagues just like to be a lonewolf, although its nice to know ppl you race with.
It could actually encourge clean racing in the demo and therefore might increase sales!
#6 - M4n3
#7 - Gunn
Quote from Rotary :It could actually encourge clean racing in the demo and therefore might increase sales!

Now that's the spirit!
it's a good idea but the site is quite off-putting 'cos of the redirects and 'verts,

i'm not a demo racer myself, but i have good memories of GTi battles on BL1 and although it is a little out of the ordinary to have a league for a demo, this is LFS a very extraordinary game. it's can only do good to have a bit of 'proper' competition on the demoservers as it can seem like a bit of a kiddies playground at times.

good work
Well, yeah, demo servers are insane, but I bet there are ppl who really want to drive and compete with other ppl. Dont put off ppl if they're demo, some ppl just dont have the chance to pay or somethin. Let them have their fun, if the chane hits them, they'll get their license and join us
Yeah everybody starts in the demo and providing place for good races for them can only be good. No doubt most of them will get their licences sooner or later once they are hooked on the great online racing in LFS. Here in Serbia its like that with many new people racing in demo for now and organizing races. I was also late to get my licence back in the days cause racing in demo was good. But eventually people would want more than one track and car and by that time LFS just gets under their skin and there is no escaping.

Also its much easier to learn one track and be good there than 744 combinations in S2 to start with. So we also get already experienced racers new to S2 this way.
LFS S2, not LFS2. Might wanna rename the site addy...
Quote from tristancliffe :no reason why not I guess. But all the good players will probably have S2 anyway. So it'll be like a noob league...

A n00b league is a good idea. I'd like to see one in S2.
Players like myself who enjoy the game hugely but don't have the time to put long hours into setups and practice and therefore are way of the pace on most servers (ok, so I'm crap!) can be put off joining races on S2.

Personally, I'd rather race people more on my level of experience than watch competitors disappear into horizon. I don't really care if I get punted off the track occasionally by a n00b error.

Some sort of Halo 2-esque ranking system where players of the same skill are pitted together would work a treat.
#14 - M4n3
demo players GO MY FORUM PLEASE, IF YOU WANT TO JOIN SERIES...
this pages arent good but better than nothing
so go my forum to registeration...
im from finland and im not good at english so my bad...
LFS2 is a long way off, so you might find you don't get many responces...

A noob league for S2... hmmmmmm.

Any suggestions about how to set that up? How do stop people from not posing as noobs. I guess we could have a mileage limit or something in LFSW. If I get a resonable response here, I'd serious consider setting up a little noob league. Say for people with less than 500 miles practice. The exact qualification rules might be weird. Perhaps - if mileage goes above 1500 during the league then yo cannot continue. But I have no idea what your average noob mileage is, or laptimes. The more info the better.
Quote from farcar :A n00b league is a good idea. I'd like to see one in S2....

...Personally, I'd rather race people more on my level of experience than watch competitors disappear into horizon. I don't really care if I get punted off the track occasionally by a n00b error.

try the OLFSL - i race there, so i guess the system canalso be fun for slower/newer guys - the pool system they use makes it possible to separate the really fast ones from us beginners and this was we get pretty close races in all pools.

also no 107% qualifying rule or something, so really open to everyone willing to race clean
Quote from tristancliffe :Any suggestions about how to set that up? How do stop people from not posing as noobs. I guess we could have a mileage limit or something in LFSW...Say for people with less than 500 miles practice...

I was thinking more along the lines of an online ranking points system.

Trackmania Sunrise does it well. Ranking points are awarded depending on where you finish in a race, while also taking into account the ranking of your competitors.

Example:
Player A ranked 10,000 in the world beats Player B ranked 200. Player A is awarded ranking points for beating a higher ranked player, whereas player B would lose ranking points.
Points are automatically calculated at the end of each race. I don't know the exact algorithm, but you get the idea.

This way, you could make races/leagues that are only available to players ranked 10,000 - 8,000, or have an elite server only available to players in the top 500. It would be piss easy to identify players who are around you level of skill.

Personally, I think it would only serve to make the game accesible to more people and increase sales.

I also understand that much research and code would be needed and it's basically out of our hands. Just an idea though...
#18 - M4n3
Every Demo Player Go Forum To Register
#19 - M4n3
Quote from tristancliffe :no reason why not I guess. But all the good players will probably have S2 anyway. So it'll be like a noob league...

Nobbs is what will keeps this game alive $$$$
@farcar, something like that was done before in official Ladder cometition as well as dLadder later after that and it was quite nice. It's not active anymore though.

But to all, demo league is not necessarily a noob league. At least in our little demo events we have experienced racers from other sims as well as real life racers together with noobs, and we are divided in two divisions/servers according to the posted hotlap times or results from previous events. Works well. No need to exclude good drivers from demo league, quite on the contrary it gives new drivers something to aim for and they can see how it should be done and of course improve.

All S2 Demo players
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG