The online racing simulator
A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
We had something similar happen here a few years ago. A 16 year old girl who had just received her driver's license was given a new car (can't remember what kind though it may have been a 5.0L Mustang or something along those lines) by her parents as a congratulations gift. She went for a drive that same night with 3 friends and ended up wrapping the car around a telephone pole. Everyone in the car was killed. Four young lives snuffed out just like that. Terrible. With a new daughter of my own and the perspective that brings, I can't imagine how devastating it must have been for the parents.
Quote from chanoman315 :why all 5 in the car speeding?, damn thats just crazy, it should been like in turns. First you,next you and so on, and i think that there was a distraction from one of the 4, and the driver just lost control or something and they crashed

Let's put it this way - if you had just been given a brand new, 500bhp M5, would YOU let your goofy teenage friends take it for top speed runs at NIGHT on a runway?

I didn't think so, lol. I don't even let my friends drive MY car.
The problem in this case is a group of possibly drunk (according to one of the news articles) idiots who were clearly driving fast on a runway, a pretty safe activity, who hadn't adequately checked how long it was, hadn't gradually started braking later to find a safe stopping point and somehow hadn't noticed that there was an 85 foot drop at one end. If you manage to fly off the end of a big straight clearly marked expanse of tarmac with anything other than total brake failure I say it's nothing other than natural selection, shame it takes out others in the process.
#79 - JTbo
If I go fast, I go to track and I won't take any passengers, no matter what the car is.

If I have passengers I just won't go fast as it is my responsibility to drive such way that even other drivers make mistakes I can avoid accident and offer safe transportation to my passengers.

What I can't understand is those who need to show off or test their limits with passengers, I think they lack of brains or something
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Let's put it this way - if you had just been given a brand new, 500bhp M5, would YOU let your goofy teenage friends take it for top speed runs at NIGHT on a runway?

i mean... by turns... you give a drive to this one, and by turns you move them... understand?
Quote from JTbo :If I go fast, I go to track and I won't take any passengers, no matter what the car is.

or this
Ahhh - ok - gotcha. That does make more sense.
I know the Josh guy said he owned it on the M5 forum, but didn't all the news reports say it was his fathers car? I'm inclined to think he didn't own it himself, but had borrowed (pinched) it for a night out with his mates. A night that will last forever for him.
Quote from tristancliffe :I know the Josh guy said he owned it on the M5 forum, but didn't all the news reports say it was his fathers car? I'm inclined to think he didn't own it himself, but had borrowed (pinched) it for a night out with his mates. A night that will last forever for him.

yes it was from his father...
Quote from JTbo :If I go fast, I go to track and I won't take any passengers, no matter what the car is.

If I have passengers I just won't go fast as it is my responsibility to drive such way that even other drivers make mistakes I can avoid accident and offer safe transportation to my passengers.

What I can't understand is those who need to show off or test their limits with passengers, I think they lack of brains or something

Completely agree.
Aniway i dont think the problem it's giving a 18 year old boy an m5.
Fast cars will only kill you at higher speeds than slow cars.
Hitting a tree at 200 kmh in your honda civic or hitting it at 300 kmh in your Ferrari doesnt make too much difference.
The problem was in the head of the driver.
Sorry for bad english.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Let's put it this way - if you had just been given a brand new, 500bhp M5, would YOU let your goofy teenage friends take it for top speed runs at NIGHT on a runway?

Yes, that is what you think and what I think, but i'm guessing you don't have the money to afford a M5 as I sure as hell don't. The point is these people with more money than brains who can afford these sorts of cars, wouldn't mind giving their mates a go because they have the money to fix it.

Yea, I agree Rubenz, it's just the same as running someone over at 15mph as apposed to 30mph. :/
Quote from chanoman315 :yes it was from his father...

So why the posts about "how does an 18 year old afford an M5?" and "If I was 18 I wouldn't buy an M5", because he DIDN'T buy an M5. Or are people posting without reading the news story themselves?
Quote from tristancliffe :So why the posts about "how does an 18 year old afford an M5?" and "If I was 18 I wouldn't buy an M5", because he DIDN'T buy an M5. Or are people posting without reading the news story themselves?

i think thats why.... its obvious that parents give cars at 18yo specially those expensive cars...
Imo, it does'nt matter what car's young drivers are in, whether there in a ford fiesta or a ford mustang, they can still be wreckless.

I mean, when i get my licence, i cannot promise that i wont put my foot down, or not thrash the car, but i certainly wont be doing it 24/7 or in busy places.

Its a shame when things like this happen. There was a big accident here in redditch a couple of years ago. 4 people were in a clio (all were 17), and they were speeding along the road that goes past my dads work place. Its a standard main road, which comes up a hill and then straight onto a mini roundabout. As the kids sped up the hill, a lorry was crossing the roundabout. They were going so fast, that they did'nt stop in time and hit the side of the trailer, which sent the car under the trailor. I got some info off of my uncle who was investigating the crash after it happened, the driver and front passenger got decapitated by the protection bars that run along the open part of the trailor (cant think of the actualy name of the bars) and the 2 rear passengers were killed on impact. It is a shame when something like this happens, but unless they put us young drivers through more advanced training, it does'nt matter what car they drive, there will still be idiots out there that will be stupid, irresponsible and wreckless.
Quote from Bawbag :Or even simpler, go to the end of the runway with the drop, turn around and go fast in the opposite direction.

there's a wall on that end, and possibly also planes parked there.
Attached images
airportGoogleEarth.jpg
airportMSN.jpg
too much money, too less brain.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
I mean, when i get my licence, i cannot promise that i wont put my foot down, or not thrash the car, but i certainly wont be doing it 24/7 or in busy places.

thats what they thought
Quote from Tweaker :This video opened my eyes to a pretty horrific sequence of events. And it definitely changed my mind about speeding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmJjQekIaAs

Some commercial from the DOE?

Jeeez Tweaker... why post that
As someone said, these comercials will only get stomach rolling in normal people, stupid bastards that drive recklesstly will laugh at this and make stupid comments..
#93 - JTbo
Quote from Boris Lozac :Jeeez Tweaker... why post that
As someone said, these comercials will only get stomach rolling in normal people, stupid bastards that drive recklesstly will laugh at this and make stupid comments..

Why not? I have read few comments how it has changed persons view to speeding, so it really does work then?

It is incredible small things which make bad things to happen when they sum up on wrong moment, so it is quite nice to at least try to limit those small things by own activity if possible.

One good thing is avoid looking car front of you, look 200-400 meters ahead even there is car in front of you, that alone can save lives
Quote from JTbo :One good thing is avoid looking car front of you, look 200-400 meters ahead even there is car in front of you, that alone can save lives

Yeah. Not only is it safer, but you have more control over your car when you are looking farther ahead. If you look at the road right over the "bonnet" you tend to bounce in your lanes as you cannot as easily judge your direction. My brother is TERRIBLE at that. He stares at the road RIGHT in front of him, so he can't tell how close he is to the curb or how he's bouncing between the lines, lol. It's pretty scary.
#95 - JTbo
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Yeah. Not only is it safer, but you have more control over your car when you are looking farther ahead. If you look at the road right over the "bonnet" you tend to bounce in your lanes as you cannot as easily judge your direction. My brother is TERRIBLE at that. He stares at the road RIGHT in front of him, so he can't tell how close he is to the curb or how he's bouncing between the lines, lol. It's pretty scary.

His license should be taken away
It's ok. He's driving an 89 Nissan Stanza... that car will crash before he reaches even HIS limit of driving.
#99 - J.B.
That guy would have managed to kill 5 people just as well with any average car. M5 is not the issue here. And is it normal that you can easily access a runway like that with a car in the middle of the night or did he break in somehow? And WTH has John Travolta got to do with anything?!
Quote from J.B. :That guy would have managed to kill 5 people just as well with any average car. M5 is not the issue here. And is it normal that you can easily access a runway like that with a car in the middle of the night or did he break in somehow? And WTH has John Travolta got to do with anything?!

He has money so it is very potential person to be sued because of possibility to access airport or something.

This is how flowerhats (or whatever you call them) think there:
"It was Travolta's fault, he killed them as there was no enough warning signs."

A lesson to young kids and fast cars.
(153 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG